Sign in to follow this  
baz44331

minimize crash.

I just got my new rig and when i play Arma 2 CO game and i have BAF i get a minimize crash then it wont come back on, the sound would and you can fire too but the desktop is still on. i also get some light flicking. I didint have this with my last compter and the graphic card was a 470 so whats the deal? anyone know.

I updated my graphics card drivers

I updated my windows and most of the drivers as well.

the only way to get out of the crash is by:

holding down shift and number pad - and then type flush.

I get a error say your driver has recoverd.

I would like a full fix for this so if anyone know please post here thanks. I wouldint be able to play it at all if i dont get this sorted.

my system specs.

Processor CPU: Intel i7 950 2.80 Ghz 4 Cores

Memory 8GB DDR3 Quad Chanel

Motherboard Asus P6T X58 Deluxe

Video Card 1.536GB Nvidia Geforce GTX480

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

EDIT (((( this is now fixed with Patch 260.99 WHQL. thanks for any help you guys tryed. later)))))

Edited by baz44331

Is your game patched?

Have you tried running the game from adminstrator?

Have you tried Arma2 alone does it run, OA alone, does it run?

Its possible the issue has to do with either windows 7 64 bit, or the drivers you installed.

Did the game work before you installed the latest drivers?

it could be many things, but their are already many posts about crashes:

Its not hard to do a search, and find posts relevent to what your issue is or may be.

Its hard to get an answer for a question or problem when you have to search

through multiple posts with the same topic,

this clutter is called spam, and its called spam because people fail to use

the search button or manually look through the forum.

If your going to be in and a part of Arma2 OA ect.,

and play the game, your going to have to learn how to read,

and take your time to get the answer.

All I can suggest is check some of those posts, and or see what other ones are abound,

there also maybe somone in the forum that has win 7 64bit which Im sure there is that would have the right answer.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

ok well im sry about spaming i looked all over the place but could not find anything with my problem which is why i posted. anyway noting really helps i think cos of the new high end graphic card have these problems. if i fly it will happen but not all the time only on very rear occassion. i found roleing back on the old driver helps a little. but the crash still happends but its playable. im think about put my 470 back in till its sorted. Thank you for the help.

Edited by baz44331

One thing you can try is check your RPt and see what it says before and after a crash.

You can locate it:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2

I'm sure it has to do with your graphics card, or drivers, but theres always possibilities

of it being game related, we just have to do a process of elimination and see what it is not causing the crash.

I have this issue after I have installed OA. I already had Arma 2 vanilla and no such issue with it.

So it seems there are many of us with that kind of problem.

Patch please!

Edited by Mali Robot
Lazy reader

its not the game its the graphic cards. 400 type are haveing these problems. the know about the issue and im sure there working on it.

The best thing todo is get rid of the nvida card. i have two cards 470 and 480. im get rid of the 480 and geting a ATI 2GB 5870 Matrix card. it looks like ATI have up there game in graphic cards and are outruning nvida. how things have changed.

Edited by baz44331

this is now fixed with Patch 260.99 WHQL. thanks for any help you guys tryed. later.