Sign in to follow this  
stgn

STGN's Diemaco SFW

sfwg.jpg
The Diemaco Special Forces Weapon(SFW) is a specialized carbine featuring a heavy 15.8" barrel, in the L119A1 version is also features a stronger front sight base which allows for the continual use of a grenade luncher which attaches to the bayonet lug.

sfw2.jpg
The SFW is in used by British, Norwegian and Danish special forces and is also used by Canadian forces. The SFW was original designed to meet the requirements for the British special forces, and in the trials it beat out the SIG 500 and the H&K G36, it was adopted by the British as the L119A1. The SFW has served in afghanistan and it "functioned as advertised".

sfwz.jpg
This a small addon containing a single L119A1 with ACOG sight, this is also a preview of some of the things I will include in my M4s(sounds and "GUI"), as this is based on my M4 there are some small inaccuracies still, can you find them? I would like to do a few more versions at some point but this is not my primary focus right now.

This is one of my favorite AR15 carbines in terms of look and I hope you enjoy this weapon!
STGN SFW Preview

STGN

PS I know Diemaco is now Colt Canada.

Edited by stgn
Barrel lenght is 15.8 not 15.7

I see, you made even gas tube!

BTW, the ejection port cover, should it be that way (I mean in it's "lower position")?

And that flashhider (with barrel extension?) - what's it? I saw something similar on Israeli M4s.

Edited by Nimravus

I see, you made even gas tube! Seems, it is not connected to the barrel in its front part?

BTW, the ejection port cover, should it be that way (I mean in it's "lower position")?

And that flashhider (with barrel extension?) - what's it? I saw something similar on Israeli M4s.

Well off cause you can't see the gas tube because its under the rail system and it is connected to the barrel via the front sight base.

The ejection port is open because I don't know that its possible in OFP to have it open and stay open when you fire. But in real life its a good idea to close it so dirt and debris can't get into the operating parts.

The flash hider(FH) is just a standard A2 FH found on modern M16/4 and C7/8. The larger part behind the FH is part of the barrel, its a grenade luncher sleeve. If you can find it I would like to see what that Israeli gun your talking about looks like.

STGN

it is connected to the barrel via the front sight base.
Ya, now I see

That's the gas tube, I think?

gt1_1287663238_aflruvx347.jpg

My mistake, I thought, it should be connected to the barrel there:

gt2_12876635_1_cfhklmpry4.jpg

The ejection port is open because I don't know that its possible in OFP to have it open and stay open when you fire.
I thought, the cover opens automatically every time rifle makes a shot. Or it should be opened manually before shooting?
If you can find it I would like to see what that Israeli gun your talking about looks like.
I saw those pics at isayeret.com when it was free. There was an article about CAR-15, so, I suppose it was something like early CAR-15/XM-177 flashhider

Something like that:

car15__1_1287663653_hjkqruwxyz.jpg

Edited by Nimravus

Cool weapon, i'm not expert enough to know what are the difference between a diameco and a m4 out of the size, but i really like the flash effect you made for your rifles, looks much nicer than the default flash.

There's a bug with the ACOG sight view, it seems the transparency is not transparent at all.

Ya, now I see

That's the gas tube, I think?

http://imagesbase.com/upload/view/gt1_1287663238_aflruvx347.jpg

My mistake, I thought, it should be connected to the barrel there:

http://imagesbase.com/upload/view/gt2_12876635_1_cfhklmpry4.jpg

I thought, the cover opens automatically every time rifle makes a shot. Or it should be opened manually before shooting?

I saw those pics at isayeret.com when it was free. There was an article about CAR-15, so, I suppose it was something like early CAR-15/XM-177 flashhider

Something like that:

http://imagesbase.com/upload/view/car15__1_1287663653_hjkqruwxyz.jpg

Yeah thats the gas tube entering the upper receiver, under the rails it bends downwards then to level again and in to the FSB:

Daniel%20Defense%20Barrels.jpg

The dust cover does open automatically when you fire but it does not close again, unless you do it manually.

In that picture is a "fake" copy flash hider made by bushmaster. Of the real xm177 Flash suppressor Picture which functions a very little like a sound suppressor.

@sancturay

Oh damn, thats because I forgot to change the texture linking in the ACOG model its still linked to the M4's it should work if you have the Sopmod addon installed, I just knew I had forgot something. I will make one that functions completely free of the M4's soon.

The differences are very small, the front sight POST, now is still a M16A2 post not the one used on C8's, and the rail used on the L119A1 has a different lower rail which locks more solidly in place than the normal rail, pistol grip should be changed too.

STGN

The dust cover does open automatically when you fire but it does not close again, unless you do it manually.
I didn't know it. I thought the dust cover is spring-controlled and is closed automatically each time the bolt is in forward position. Thanks for info :)

Okay a new file is up only difference is that it does not require the stgnsopmod.pbo for a functioning ACOG sight.

STGN

Fantastic flash effect. On the begining it was really hard to hit enemy but after training i'm very happy that I have this gun. Thank You. Really nice work.

Are You planing to make a package with this ? Like You did with M4A1 ?

Add suppresor etc?

Bielow

Well I was planing on making a C8A3 at some point, but this is not gonna be like the M4A1 pack with loads of options, what I wanted to do was have a L119A1 with ACOG, iron sight and the AG-C, no suppressors(I doubt whether they actually use suppressors on the standard L119A1, it at least needs another flash hider for it to work) or other sight options. If anybody wants to make a huge pack they are welcome to use my model as a base.

STGN

:) haha It's my lucky day :> Thank You STGN

Only a little nothing to show.

STGN