Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

name of pbo output from binarization

On my map i've decided to mark the pbo of the map with a version number, to avoid user misunderstandings on version number.

I've set the pbo name on config and on every island parameter that seemed interesting for the purpose (but there is a pbo file name parameter so i think it's the right one).

The problem is binarization produces every time a fallujah.pbo instead a e.g. Fallujah092.pbo. The wrp is named with 092, the config is right. The only thing that is named fallujah is the pew file.

Ideas?

Maybe stupid questions :o

Have you changed the paths in your file "config.cpp"?

Have you changed the paths in the file "layers.cfg"?

Have you changed the paths in the file "rvmat", then the generated folder "Layers"?

Have you changed the name of your working folder (same name as the WRP)?

Have you exported your new world (WRP)?

Maybe stupid questions :o

Have you changed the paths in your file "config.cpp"?

Have you changed the paths in the file "layers.cfg"?

Have you changed the paths in the file "rvmat", then the generated folder "Layers"?

Have you changed the name of your working folder (same name as the WRP)?

Have you exported your new world (WRP)?

Counter question, before starting renaming everything: the pbo name is related to the path of the project?

Unless I am mistaken.

The name of BPO depends on the name of the working folder.

In addition, the file "WRP" should be the same as the name of the working folder

example:

P\shezan74\fallujah092\fallujah092.wrp

What is not so good?

This does not work?

Sorry for my English, I use a translator.

It's not so good that i need to rename my folder (and all config/textures/rvmat/paths) on every public release.

But i will do :)

Ok, my last question, maybe the main reason for this thread is: bisign keys generated for the pbo still works with renamed pbo's? And should be renamed to match pbo name?

I've not found anything on this

I read something about "beta keys".... somewhere... I'll try to find the reference...

B

**edit** Found it

... not quite as relevant as I'd hoped... I guess what you're trying to avoid is the situation I saw mentioned once or twice in Icebreakrs threads - version clashing... people with older versions of the island being able to join, say, a server running a more updated version...?

Edited by Bushlurker

I have an idea ^^ ...

Just add a small file in the needed addon list, so it will be the only change in the map .cpp ,

Well ... just an idea, don't know how to make it works :(

Once pbo binarized, why don't you just rename the file ?

mymap.pbo -> mymap02.pbo

The pbo namespace don't rely on the file name, but in the PBOPREFIX generated during compilation. ;)

And effectively, the PBOPREFIX contains the directory folder's name pointed by binpbo.

Edited by Nanucq

The bisign key is a kind of "encrypted checksum" for your pbo and don't depends on pbo's name.

I frequently rename addon's signed pbos, and never had an issue so far.

I may be wrong but this is part of my little experience, so please to correct me if necessary ;)