Sign in to follow this  
prowler.wolf

Cannot load texture

I get an error when my map loads I wonder if someone could help me squash this one.

cannot load texture "ca/buildings/misc/data/blck_sum.pac"

anyone know what object might be causing this? :confused:

Look in your "ca/buildings/misc/data/" if your texture "blck_sum.pac" is present.

Do you have a blck_sum.pac in your buildings/misc folder?

I looked in my CA folder and it isn't there. I have a black_sum.paa in my ca/Data folder and I have a blck_sum_co.paa in my ca/buildings/furniture/data folder but I do not have a blck_sum.pac anywhere on my computer.

If I knew what building/misc object this is associated with then perhaps I could just remove/replace it and be done with this stupid error that has plagued me for the past few months.

EDIT: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/7354 Seems its on the community issue tracker and belongs to DD_pletivo_sl.p3d, will post results if this works. don't know how I missed this while searching. :/

Edited by prowler.wolf

I've had same issue with 'black.paa'.

The problem was related to a warfare camo net placed on the map. I've removed the net and all was fine.

By watching binarize logs it seems the program doesn't like so much /wf/ folder objects on maps.

Removed the object(s) and the error is now gone. Was a crappy fence anyways but such a shame it was overlooked.

I came across this one as well prowler.wolf... it IS a fairly crappy chainlink fence from Arma 1 - only reason I wanted to use it was because it was less rusty than the A2 one...

Since it's an Arma 1 model, I dug out the mlod of it from the sample models, plus mooched the textures off the Arma 1 disc - including that black.pac one and just set it up in my islandobjects.pbo...

B

Sorry for diggin this old thread, but my problems refers to the same topic.

I got everything working in my first visitor excursion.

Right now i started to set forests with the visitor forest tool.

Everyting worked fine, i safed my work and loaded Bulldozer.

Here i got the message that

texture "ca/b....../..." not found (cant post the correct term of the .rpt atm,as i am not at home).It was the texture of all trees, as all of em were white.

So i guess sth went wrong when i setup the addons.

I followed the tutorial of Sgt ACE but i probably missed sth.

Do the addons (plants;trees ...) have to be in my project folder (e,g, p:/nep/ca ) or why couldnt the texures not be loaded?

All objects (trees) i placed ,were extracted to p:/CA.

So what could be the reason that the textures couldnt be loaded?

All objects are default BIS, means Cherna objects, and got imported to visitor3 from th p:/ca folder.

Edited by Nephris1

I spend the compplete afternoon in trying to figure out what i am doing wrong.

i can place the objects in visitor3 , open Bulldozer but the objects texutres are not loaded

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\plants2\bush\data\b_corylus_4_non.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\plants2\bush\data\b_corylus_1b_ca.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\plants2\bush\data\corylus_avellana_bark_co.paa.

So this is the list that shows the CA folder of my working p:/ folder.

I loaded the object from thatfolder into visitor (natural objects)

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9672/83638312.jpg

Has anyone an idea what i am doing wrong or where the error is?

Aha!

Clear now Nephris...

Lets look closely at your P:\CA\Plants2...

Right now - inside there you have 4 folders - Bush, Clutter, misc, Tree - then inside Bush you have another CA, and inside that another plants2

that whole "Bush" folder is wrong...

Inside P:\CA\Plants2 you should have...

Bush

Clutter

Misc

Plant

Tree

5 folders - and inside each - the appropriate models and a data folder with the textures - thats all...

Try restructuring to that, then repathing/readding to Visitor as appropriate

Do the addons (plants;trees ...) have to be in my project folder (e,g, p:/nep/ca )

NO - there doesn't even need to be a Plants2 folder inside that "little CA" folder inside your P:\NEP\ at all - that should be a duplicate of your CA folder, but only containing config.cpp files - no models or textures... Since Plants2 in the Main P:\CA folder doesn't actually contain config.cpp's (plants don't use one), the "copyconfig.bat" batchfile will just ignore it when it comes to making your P:\NEP\CA folder...

And finally - notice that this "little CA" folder DOESN'T go inside your PROJECT folder - it goes inside your NAMESPACE...

P:\ = lots of stuff installed by Visitor

P:\CA = all the game stuff unpacked, as discussed

P:\NEP = your Namespace... inside here you'll have your "configs only "little CA" folder - BESIDE all your project folders... eg:...

P:\NEP\CA

P:\NEP\MyIsland1

P:\NEP\MyIsland2

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Thx so far for your effort to help me and also a lot of other "noobs" trying to get through the visitor monster.

Much appreciated, you take your time to help out!

Will try to get it work.

I guess it blong to all other unpboed files to follow

like:

p:/CA/buildings2/corresponding data stuff

?

Btw it is working now.

Much appreciated once again buddy.

Edited by Nephris1