Sign in to follow this  
Hans Ludwig

Invasion1944

What happened to the Invasion1944 threads? Is the mod dead?

Edited by Hans Ludwig

What happened to the Invasion1944 threads? Is the mod dead?

OFPCAT

October 15th, 2010 - 00:18

Why did you close threads at BIS forum?

Pac

October 15th, 2010 - 02:04

One of our team members left and took their posts with, as the thread starter the BIS topics were closed. Keep an eye on our public forums for more news for now!

OFPCAT

October 15th, 2010 - 05:39

JDB left?

JdB

October 16th, 2010 - 22:24

It's mainly so I don't get PMs about mod business from followers (still being seen as a representative), and the team can edit posts on it's own.

Don't worry, the mod's still being worked on daily! As qouted, JdB left the team and closed the threads that he had started, newsposts etc. Unfortunately we didn't get any warning about him doing this so were unable to start new BIS threads in time to link in the old topics before they were closed. Expect some new topics soon but for now we'll be using our own public forums and website to distribute information, and we'll have a BIS topic back as soon as theres time to between bug-fixing and tests!

http://invasion1944.info/

I suggest you release an Alpha soon just like Unsung Mod,& etc. That would get confident to both of you & fans.

Should this topic be used as the discussion topic (for BIS forums) or should we avoid posting here and use I'44 forums and wait for an official one to be made here instead?

Thought it was worth asking, don't want to feel the almighty wrath of Placebo for continuing to post in this topic if it's not allowed :p...

Edited by Nokturnal1ne

In addition, if they don't want to get any suggestions and why they posted such threads of thier Mods in the forum? Obviously, they are happy to discuss and get suggestions and share their progress with fans.

Edited by FKPLACE

No need to argue in here guys especially as this is not the official mod topic. As we've said before there's no way we can give a release date, as much as many of us would like to, we all have real-life to contend with so progress can be delayed for all manner of reasons planned and otherwise. We chose not to release an Alpha version earlier as they are generally too unstable for public release, as our main aim is to produce a multiplayer compatible mod stability has been very important to us. While most mods usually just consist of units and terrain I44 will include a number of MP missions on its release which have also been in development and testing throughout production to help ensure you all get something very playable, in those famous words... when its ready!

If you'd like to make suggestions your best bet is to do so on our public forums!

It's a shame that JdB left, but I'm sure i44 marches on and I'm still looking forward to having that feeling again of when I first loaded up the map in OFP, fired a k98, watched the unit rack the bolt and promptly got a rubbery one

Gotta admit when I saw the topics close I had a bit of apprehensive "oh cock another long term mod's gone under" feeling

It's a shame that JdB left, but I'm sure i44 marches on and I'm still looking forward to having that feeling again of when I first loaded up the map in OFP, fired a k98, watched the unit rack the bolt and promptly got a rubbery one

Gotta admit when I saw the topics close I had a bit of apprehensive "oh cock another long term mod's gone under" feeling

It has been a long time, but I don't believe the I44 OFP projects ever had that kind of animation on weapons, you may be confusing I44 with Libmod ...

It would have been convenient if I had posted the same explanation that I sent to the moderators, but it's good to know that people felt some kind of emotion :p

sorry the picture is of Armaholic.com

Yes but you're breaking the posting rules here. Just post the link instead.

*Spins around on his chair stroking an imaginary cat* Goooooood things are coming together just as I planned....

Awesome preview!!! So there are going to be German Paratroopers if I am correct. How about the SS?

Edited by bigstone

The SS will be coming in a later release, we had a few issues with their conversion from ARMA and fixing that would mean further delays. By leaving them for a future update means we can also spend more time on expanding their content with some extra bits (uniform variations etc).

Good, that you delay the SS. I really love I44 but the long developement times. You bet too much on quality, that is unimportant. What ever. I am glad, when its out. cant wait to try it out.