Sign in to follow this  
bionicman303

Driving over a small rock is still catapulting you in the air?

Hi all,

I'm an old OFP and ArmA veteran and spent countless hours of my life on these games :-) When ArmA2 came out, I was really upset in terms of bugs, such as the one described in the title. I put it away and concentrated on ArmA, hopeing that time (patches) would heal the wounds (bugs). In order to avoid installing the whole game again, only to get aware of the same old bugs, I hope that you might give me a hint:

Are the major bugs (such as the one described in the title) still in there and if "yes", is BIS somehow aware of these?

Thank you very much!

Greetings,

Bionicman

There were more bugs in both OFP's and ArmA's releases than there were on Arma 2's, but still, no, rocks do not catapult vehicles into the air. I can't recall them even doing so in Arma 2 to be honest, but I knew they did in ArmA. The only issue with rocks at the moment in OA is that you can get stuck on them sometimes and they may injure you or your team mates, but yes, BIS are aware of it, and I'm sure are looking for ways to fix it.

The patches have indeed fixed so many issues that comparing Arma 2 at release to the latest OA beta is like night and day.

We regard rocks in OA still to be among our most dangerous enemies. Many a vehicle has capsised and many a person has been launched by or stuck on a rock. They still pose a considerable threat to pretty much anything.

The only consolation is that the AI enemy seems to have the same problem.

If you notice it's only rocks on OA's new islands. From my experiences no other map suffers the same issue.

True, to be fair, I never noticed it on Chernarus or Utes. :) Just watch out when you're in Takistan!

Was in a Russian fighter, shot a missile at humvee from 200 meters. Was killed by the humvee flying into me. Wonky physics eh? (this happened with the release of arma2, haven't done much jetting)

Was in a Russian fighter, shot a missile at humvee from 200 meters. Was killed by the humvee flying into me. Wonky physics eh? (this happened with the release of arma2, haven't done much jetting)

Lol, that is awesome! The ultimate revenge! :D

Well, at this time, Arma 2 doesn't have much of a physics engine per-say, but it gets the job done for the most part. Who knows, with PhysX supposedly coming to VBS2 (it might actually be there already now that I think about it), we might see the same thing happen with Arma 3 or whatever is coming after Arma 2. :p

Why are you driving over rocks in the first place? :)

Well, actually, I was sitting in a M113 and was following a small, dusty road up to a village on a hill. Both sides of the road were lined with small rocks - with a max height of 20cm. I accidentally got in contact with one of them ... This should be no problem for a tracked vehicle at all! Moreover, I would never except a complete loss of gravity and to be instantly kicked into air :-)

Well, catapult rocks do exist. I swear this game defies several laws of physics with the rocks.

I remember back in the day, I had T-72 tanks flying hundreds of meters into the air after driving over a pebble in the road. I've even taken some screens of it happening.

Zipper you're completely wrong with both of your post.

On the other hand I don't see the problem with the rocks if you completely avoid them...

Zipper you're completely wrong with both of your post.

On the other hand I don't see the problem with the rocks if you completely avoid them...

I don't see the problem with IED's, as long as you avoid them. :banghead:

S41