Sign in to follow this  
vostov

support class names...

[["supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage", "aerial_reconnaissance"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

these are all I know. I tried to search for a list but couldn't find anymore.

I was trying to find a master list but also specifically the CAS support that sends in attack helicopters that engage on their own and aren't reliant on the laser designator.

You did not mention, so I will guess you have Combined Op.

transport ... gunship_run

I forget if request_units is valid. Even if it is not, you can setup the SOM to reinforce with OA units.

EDIT: BTW, nothing solely relies on the laser designator. When CAS is called, where your 'cursor' is, in map or in the 3D world, will determine where the 'target' is (supposedly) located. Yes, a laser designator can be used if you 'paint' before the air asset has committed to a firing solution. The main reason, to me, in this game, for having a laser designator, is to target moving vehicles, so air assets are not wasted. - Did you know you can 'paint' an air asset? :)

Edited by CyOp

Did you know you can 'paint' an air asset? :)

:P Very true. Once on Chernarus I was flying pretty high over a town, and a buddy of mine said he had a laser on target. I dropped my bomb, and it turns out he had put the laser on my CO's helicopter which was flying 50m in the air. Needless to say, he went boom.

;1770662']:P Very true. Once on Chernarus I was flying pretty high over a town' date=' and a buddy of mine said he had a laser on target. I dropped my bomb, and it turns out he had put the laser on my CO's helicopter which was flying 50m in the air. Needless to say, he went boom.[/quote']

Doctrine and Training... sheeesh, I am sure that is one of the manuals! :D

EDIT: BTW, nothing solely relies on the laser designator. When CAS is called, where your 'cursor' is, in map or in the 3D world, will determine where the 'target' is (supposedly) located. Yes, a laser designator can be used if you 'paint' before the air asset has committed to a firing solution. The main reason, to me, in this game, for having a laser designator, is to target moving vehicles, so air assets are not wasted. - Did you know you can 'paint' an air asset? :)

Lol

I don't know what you mean by 'paint' exactly... so if I point at something like a car driving down the road and call in a CAS it'll drop bombs on that car even if I do something else?

Also, I found out thats how the planes target the hard way. I happened to be pointed at the ground the first time I called in a CAS. So, anyway I was hoping the planes would fly by and destroy the BMP that had me pinned inside this building..

..moments later... the building and me are destroyed by a pair of LGBs lol

GG? :o

Also, I found out thats how the planes target the hard way. I happened to be pointed at the ground the first time I called in a CAS. So, anyway I was hoping the planes would fly by and destroy the BMP that had me pinned inside this building..

..moments later... the building and me are destroyed by a pair of LGBs lol

Then you know what 'paint' means, dummy! :p

But seriously, you really did not get this...

"in this game, ...laser designator, ...target moving vehicles"

paint can = mark, designate, target etc, etc, etc. :) You have to continue to 'paint' a MOVING target.