Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

So which video game actually had the best AI?

Best Ingame AI are the Boy's from Company of Heroes!

When they get shot at, they hide them selfs behind things, not in front like arma2

They shoot back at Hostiles, In ArmA 2 they are blind, dont see shite at 10 meters in front LMAO

The AI Medics go get the wounded AI soldiers !!! Bring them back at MASH, after a few saves u get AI Units back for fight....

When u call Arty support or Air support, they strike where U Want it.....

Company of heroes, all the 3 parts!! i play them when i get bored from ArmA 2 bugs

Lucky for us, and me! people like gunter compile nice MOD's to use with the ArmA 2 AI

Thanks Gunter! @A2Warmod !!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeus ! @zcommon

SLX ! @SLX

if those guys did not exist.....pfffffffffffffffffff wat a AI mess in ArmA 2.....sigh sigh :(

PS: And also a big THANKS for all those that made the AI in ArmA 2 better ! Tally-hoooooooooo!!!!!

Mac out

I personally think that the ARMA2 AI is actually quite good. They are able to preform flanking and use cover in any environment (ok, maybe excluding water), however, I also find the vanilla AI to be a little slow in spotting things and reacting. The pathfinding is a real pain at times too. Mods like Zues AI change the AI into one of the best game AI's in my opinion, though their pathfiding can still be problematic at times.

The Sims series has the best a.i it's liek so realistic they do everything liek humans!

Original Ghost Recon did not have brilliant AI but in some instances of sheer awesomeness outshone others. The flanking maneuvers and the buggers launching GP-25 grenades! loved the *ZIP thunk sound of the bullets going by

Freedom Fighter a TPS squad based game had some excellent AI, both friendly and enemy. The enemy reaction to a sniper attack was amazing. Snipe an officer at a guard post and every one takes cover. You see the russians calling each other and actually MOTIONING their comrades to check move forward. They would dart about cover carefully raising their head and there would be one or two lone grunt advancing stealthily in a half crouch towards your position...headshot! repeat above. That game was fun solelly because of good AI and solid controls.

Crysis AI was pretty good in some instances especially when in the jungle, they would display human reaction. Cloak your self and launch hit and run attacks and they would fan out in line formation and do a sweep towards your last known position. It is amazing to play cat and mouse with them in the Jungles. In the urban areas....not so much.

FEAR had awesome AI too but yeah they were limited in their range of actions as all AI are. Star Wars republic commando had awesome AI...fantastic combat. Some trandoshan enemies would actually Kick any grenades thrown at them right back at you and the squad AI was brilliant no pathfinding issues here and they truly felt like elite commandos. Gem of a game

I think Half-Life AI in the US Commandos during the latter half of the game is simply the best I have come across yet. They were RUTHLESS,REMORSELESS,RELENTLESS mothers!

They would go all out to destroy you. Chuck grenades if you are hiding (and these guys had an infiniteamount of frags), melee you if you get close and plug you in the face with SMG rounds. They always tried to gain a tactical edge, remained behind cover (especially when reloading, if there were a pair of em, one would reload while the other fired!) and generally made life living hell for us. Respect to Gordon Freeman for going thorugh all of those Badasses.

Have to say, i've been playing Two Worlds 2 for a couple of days now, and i notice the AI, though in general not very lifelike, are pretty diverse across enemy types when they are in combat.

Boars and Rhino's will leave you alone for the most part, unless you run into them, at which point they will become pissed off and attack you (happens often enough, when sprinting through thick vegetation lol).

They are pretty relentless. Then there are the monkeys who can be a nuissance as they will attack you if you come into their territory, throwing stones at you, and running away if you come closer, meaning you have to sprint after them to hit them if you are focussed on swordplay.

And then there are the Cheetah's. which are pretty fun to fight. When they see you, they run and hide in thick undergrowth. Then, as you pass by, they jump at you to slash you open. Unfortunately, the developers decided the player needed a minimap pinpointing every hostile creature in the game, which makes the run and hide thing kind of useless.

And then there are the more human adversaries, who will attack you in groups and try to run away if they get too low on health. Usually, when fighting multiples, you have to let them go, at least for a little while untill you've finished up their buddies so you can go after them. Usually they will regroup themselves and attack you again a bit later on.