Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Madlove

Proxy Weapon problem

Hi all

I'm trying to implement proxy weapons in my model, but I seem to be fighting a losing battle. At first my proxy weapon simply spawned in the centre of my vehicle. After a bit of twiddling I got them to show on the wing, but they still spawned from the centre of the vehicle. After more modifications I got them to fire from the correct positions on the wings, but then they fail to show before firing-they simply spawn out of thin air. I must be making some silly mistake, but I can't get it fixed. Anyone's help will be appreciated. Here are the relevant bits from my config:

class CfgPatches

{

class SLG_Vociferator

{

units[] = {"SLG_Vociferator"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredAddons[] = {"CAAir_E","CACharacters","CACharacters2","CAWeapons","CA_Anims_Char"};

};

};

class CfgWeapons

{

class LauncherCore;

{

class MaverickLauncher;

class SLGBombLauncher: MaverickLauncher

{

displayName = "$STR_DN_SLGLAUNCHER";

magazines[] = {"SLG_AGM65_mag"};

};

};

class CfgMagazines

{

class 2Rnd_Maverick_A10;

class SLG_AGM65_mag: 2Rnd_Maverick_A10

{

scope = 2;

displayName = "$STR_MN_Missiles";

ammo = "Bo_SLG_AGM65";

count = 2;

maxSpeed = 35;

initTime = 1.5;

thrustTime = 10;

maneuvrability = 90;

thrust = 141;

nameSound = "missiles";

};

};

class CfgAmmo

{

class Default; // External class reference

class TimeBombCore; // External class reference

class MineCore; // External class reference

class BulletCore; // External class reference

class BombCore; // External class reference

class M_Maverick_AT;

class Bo_SLG_AGM65: M_Maverick_AT

{

model = "\SLG_Vociferator\SLG_AGM65";

maxSpeed = 35;

initTime = 1.5;

maneuvrability = 90;

thrustTime = 10;

thrust = 141;

proxyShape = "\SLG_Vociferator\SLG_AGM65";

};

};

(under cfg vehicles

weapons[]={"SLGBombLauncher"};

magazines[]={"SLG_AGM65_mag"};

)

class CfgNonAIVehicles

{

class ProxyWeapon;

class ProxyAGM65: ProxyWeapon

{

model = "\Ca\Air_E\AGM65";

simulation = "maverickweapon";

};

};

I have my two "AGM65" proxies in every single LOD by now and "autocenter=0" in all LODS as well. If someone doesn't help me soon I fear I might go mad.

Thank you

In your model, replace all weapon proxies with default BIS Sidewinders proxies. Your weapon loadout will then work as intended.

\CA\air\AIM9xSidewinder

Use this p3d as proxy.

I replaced my proxies and also replaced all instances of my custom missiles with your sidewinder .p3d(to eliminate my missile as the problem) but they still simply spawn from the proxy positions, they don't show beforehand. Is there an error in my config?

For testing purpose: download my Missilebox and try with those weapons. This way we can see if the problem is on the plane itself or in the missiles part.

If the weapons of the Missilebox do work, then we at least know that the error is located at the plane and vice versa.

As a sidenote: if you want you might make use of the Missilebox for your plane. This was the idea of it anyway. ;)

Thanks Myke, I'll take a look.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

No go, the GLT missiles also don't show before firing, so I guess it's model related. Can anyone supply a list of requirements for proxies in O2? Thanks

Dr. Madlove (nice nickname :D), if you want, upload your model to a filehoster and i will take a look at it. If possible the whole folder so i can test it ingame.

:EDITH:

Is it a plane or chopper class vehicle?

Thanks Myke, I'll have uploaded within half an hour. O yes, it's a helicopter based vehicle, does that make a difference?

As long it is plane or helicopter it is ok. Proxy missiles don't work on landbased vehicles like a SAM or something similar.

Oops, sorry. Give ten minutes to upload

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Senduit.com tells me their having technical difficulties, anywhere else I can upload my .rar file to? Thank you for all the effort you're going through too help a fool!

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Ok, it's on http://www.filedropper.com/slgvociferator now, have a look please. Thank you ever so much:bounce3:

Ok, found the cause but this doesn't mean i have a solution. Through several tests i found out that proxyweapons doesn't show up when assigned to the pilot if there is a gunnerseat. However, the same weapon assigned to the gunner turret do show up as expected. Might take some more time to investigate if there is a workaround possible or not.

Thank you Myke, I feel like giving you some gold or sweetmeats or something! Even if you don't find a solution I should be fine with the gunner having the missiles. Something else- you might have noticed my gunner doesn't show up where he should, the game seems to think he is part of â€cargo", because the cargo LOD is used when playing as the gunner. Do you have a solution? Thanks for everything you're doing for me!

Sorry, so far i hadn't to mess around with turrets/gunners and their proxies so i can't be of much help there. One thing that might be worth to try is to delete the existing proxies (as i saw you have own defined models defined to them) and use BIS default proxies. Maybe CH-47 cargo proxies can do the trick.

No problem, from time to time i love to get a challenge. ;)

However, i fooled around a lot with weapon proxies and did quite a lot of research about it so i consider myself a expert regarding these. However, as i saw today there is still a lot to learn about.