Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

OA building icons lost !

I am currently working on Tropica, a map built as an ArmA2 map.

I have some work to do to correct some of my own mistakes and change things that are showing quite irritating in-game, such as the hostile IA firing through vegetation cover in the mangroves ... but that's not the point .

As I was working on the map , I have placed some Operation Arrowhead building on the map to see if it can fit well.

The urban buildings from OA are quite at home on the map, but their icons are not showing on the map in-game.

I had already some trouble when trying to make the african huts -by ADO dob- icons appear on the map, they are not showing on the map in-game.

So if somebody here is experiencing the same issue or is knowing a solution ... or a way around it will be just great !

Hello Old Bear

My home, everything works fine (icons, doors, ladders).

I'll write you what I do every relocation, maybe you find your solution to your problem in these few lines.

Here's what I do:

- Software Installation ARMA2

- Install the "patch 1.07"

- Installation of OA

- Install patch 1.54

- Installation tools BIS

- Installing third-party tool, which I used for the creation of "small C" and "Big C" (always latest version;))

- Creation of the "big CA" (pbo dépbotisé) in "P" (ARMA2 and OA).

- Creation of "small CA" in the working folder "My_Tag" (regarding the "small CA", I kept the files "config.cpp", and files "texHeaders.bin" in their respective folder).

- Whether the "big CA" or "Little CA", I kept the folder "UI" for "ARMA2.

- Rename files "bin" and "core" area in "P" (to save the original files in my home "binCopie" and "coreCopie").

- Dépbotiser 3 files: "bin.pbo", "core.pbo" and "languagecore.pbo", which is located in C: \ Program Files \ Bohemia Interactive \ ArmA 2 \ Expansion \ Dta

- Copy in "P" files "bin", "core" and "languagecore" (note the sub-folder).

- Rename "buldozer.exe" located in "P" by another name

- Copy "arma2oa.exe" located in C: \ Program Files \ Bohemia Interactive \ ArmA 2, paste in "P", and rename the "bulldozer.exe"

For info:

My folder "bin" contains: 1 files config.cpp and SHDC 3 files.

My "core" contains: 12 files and 2 textures.

My "languagecore" contains: 1 xml

Edited by akio

I've got the same problem as Old Bear !

I reinstalled my OS yesterday, and i'll try your suggestion akio.

I hope that's the solution of our problem.

my test will be with :

A2

A2OA

and

Arma2 BAF.

---------

Not working for me.

Edited by Gamerz
Result

I installed everything again.

I just do other tests with 6 different models. They all appear in the editor, in the 2D map.

Here are the models tested:

ca\structure_e\ housec \house_c_11

ca\structure_e\ housec \house_c_12

ca\structure_e\ housea \a_villa\a_villa_ep1

ca\structure_e\ housea \a_office01\a_office01_ep1

ca\structure_e\ind\ind_fuelstation\ind_fuelstation_build_ep1

ca\structure_e\mil\mil_controltower_ep1

For cons, the animations are not working all.

Especially regarding the ladders.

Example:

ca\structure_e\ housea \a_office01\a_office01_ep1 : 0 functional ladders on the 3.

ca\structure_e\mil\mil_controltower_ep1 : 1 functional ladders on the 2.

My opinion, and this is only my opinion:

Config.cpp files seem complete.

By cons, and I could be wrong, but it seems that 3D models are not complete in the various LOD. For this case, I express great caution, because I am not a professional but a novice, and only a professional could confirm or refute this hypothesis.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I just did another test, and yes, one more.

Someone should confirm.

If in your map, you have not changed object, as shown in the link below, all objects appear in the 2D view of the editor (mapping), whether from ARMA2 or OA.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101407

By cons, if an object has been modified with a software of this kind, only those objects ARMA2 and modified with such a tool appears in the 2D view of the editor (mapping).

For animations, no change.

Edited by akio

Another test.

For one, I used one of my houses.

My icons in the file "config.cpp", are designated as:

icon = akio\maison_briques_1\data\ico\ arma2_icon_maison_ca;

Format my icons:

_ca.paa

DTX5

64/64 pixels

With "buldoze.exe" original (not that of OA or files "bin", "core" and "core language" OA)

By placing the home using Visitor3:

- The icons appear.

- The animations work.

By placing the home using the mission editor:

- The icons appear.

- The animations work.

With "buldoze.exe" modified (that of OA, and files "bin", "core" and "core language" OA)

By placing the home using Visitor3:

- The icons appear.

- The animations do not work.

By placing the home using the mission editor:

- The icons appear.

- The animations work.

Edited by akio

An error by writing my text, I'm sorry.

My icons in the file "config.cpp", are designated as:

icon = \akio\maison_briques_1\data\ico\ arma2_icon_maison_ca;

Could you please post your config or any other changes you have made that have resulted in OA objects showing up in the 2D editor screen? I'm still quite confused about all this. :(

Last development is that Visitor is no more working after all the changes done :(

On the spot I feel quite depressed by all this because map building is a lot of work, can be a lot of fun ... and my main hobby.

But now, trying to build a Combined Operation terrain seems an unreachable goal, incredible amount of undecipherable logs during binarization and now these errors and not much fun.

Well, thank you !

Visitor3 is back but the buildings icons are still not showing and doors can't be opened ...

Another test, which makes me say the other thing (still).

Map not binarize:

- The animations do not work (or little).

- Icones appears of various colors (beige in grey).

Map binarize:

- All the animations work, (on the other hand, to go down certain ladders, it is sometimes necessary to put on knees to be able to reach the function "come down").

- Icones appears all of the same color (grey).

Well, thank you !

Visitor3 is back but the buildings icons are still not showing and doors can't be opened ...

Have you copied over all the configs of your CA to your namespace/ca folder?

Try and do it for structures2 as well and you will get your doors and ladders working.

Are you suggesting I hex edit every single oa object I have used or...? :(

Short of that I have already followed the steps of replacing the bin folder and arma2oa.exe to get where I am now. Something separates what we have done and what others have done and we can't figure it out.

If it is any help at all to anyone, here is my islands binarize log: http://pastebin.com/kLkvHkY7

In P, you must:

- Replace the folders "bin" and "core"

- Create the folder "languagecore"

- Recreate "buldozer.exe.

Caution, do everything.

Then, for the icons displayed, and the animations work, it is necessary, edit the objects OA used (as are used)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101407

and binarize your map

Rhaa, ... Akio is right !

You have to hexedit all the P3d you are using to get the icons and animations working ...

My 1st move was to be infuriated because I was somewhat by force going to hexedit as a teen cheater hoping to get extra lives for his Bubbles Bobbles game.

Then ... I thought it was the next step on the kind of rituals, we map-makers, must submit while worshipping Visitor3.

At last, I am rebuilding Tropica with OA buildings after hexediting ... and it works ...

would be nice if someone who has done all of the work could upload an edited pack of structures_e and save the rest of us the trouble until something is done by BI.:confused:

At last, I am rebuilding Tropica with OA buildings after hexediting ... and it works ...

Hope we'll have the pleasure to discover this version soon :)

And thanks for the hexedit trick, i knew it for clutters but not for icons map ;)