Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Ok, im just wondering why some people on the steam forum are telling people to download it from sprocket O_o

Because Sprocket PMC works with Steam OA?

You guys need to implement more download options on launch day, Sprocket is never capable of handling the demand :(

I'm getting 2K :i:

This is just sad: the Sprocket downloader only works on the US mirror, and then I get a whooping 2 Kb/s...

The direct download link took 5 min to even start, and now has a 90kb/s speed. It's just sad that this happens in 2010 :(

If they want sprocket to be a success, they have to invest. Current servers are way too crappy for a release with this filesize.

You guys need to implement more download options on launch day, Sprocket is never capable of handling the demand :(

I cant connect, pathetic

I feel such a prat as i downloaded this at work, burnt it to DVD then forgot to take it home! :(

No, No, No :)

is it clear?

Umm, yes, yes, yes. It's been made clear several times by BIS that the Sprocket version of DLC works with any version of ArmA2 install: DVD, Steam or Sprocket.

It's just a mod.

Then get it on gamersgate...I downloaded it at 400 per second..

For future, I recommend to add for example torrent download for customers for launch day on Sprocket. I think it could be faster for this quantity of customers. But it is ok, I am very patient man.

Question:

Only full textures and sounds in PMC do 800 MB on this DLC? Patch 1.56 has only 329 MB.

Or in buyable version of PMC is something as gift for customers what does this difference (470MB)?

Umm, yes, yes, yes. It's been made clear several times by BIS that the Sprocket version of DLC works with any version of ArmA2 install: DVD, Steam or Sprocket.

It's just a mod.

I looked more into this and there is one thing you need to keep in mind. This is a quote from the sprocket site:

"A2:PMC 1.00 requires A2:Operation Arrowhead to be patched to version 1.56."

And as far as I know the patching of the steam version only works through steam.

For future, I recommend to add for example torrent download for customers for launch day on Sprocket. I think it could be faster for this quantity of customers. But it is ok, I am very patient man.

Question:

Only full textures and sounds in PMC do 800 MB on this DLC? Patch 1.56 has only 329 MB.

Or in buyable version of PMC is something as gift for customers what does this difference (470MB)?

As mentioned earlier, the new functions that allows videos to be played in-game obviously goes along with large size videos in PMC

This is just sad: the Sprocket downloader only works on the US mirror, and then I get a whooping 2 Kb/s...

The direct download link took 5 min to even start, and now has a 90kb/s speed. It's just sad that this happens in 2010 :(

If they want sprocket to be a success, they have to invest. Current servers are way too crappy for a release with this filesize.

/QFT

At this point Sprocket has no excuse for this type of shambolic release.

This happens every time BIS releases expansions and it's just not acceptable.

@Antigoon - That's the last time I buy anything from Sprocket :)

I can't even download it from Sprocket. I still have to work but it'd be nice to have it available when I'm done with that.

It's just a mod.

My bad, I misunderstood with patches :p

This is silly 117 hours to download from US, how long until the EU servers are working!

This is silly 117 hours to download from US, how long until the EU servers are working!

I'm downloading 39KB/s from CZ server, 3 hours 48 minutes to go :yay:

I don't really care if the speed is a little slow seeing that there's no patch 1.56 for Steam version available yet.

I'm dl'ing from Gamersgate right now @ 1.59mbs

I had much better luck with the direct download. Took several tries cuz the page kept timing out, but finally got it started and it's been mostly 250k - 300k, waaaaaay better than the 5k I was getting with the US server Sprocket Downloader.