Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

On the contrary, Macadam Cow, I have a really high FPS on Proving Grounds. ~60 FPS compared to ~40 FPS on Takistan.

Well yeah it seems so obvious, Proving ground is half the size of Takistan (hell maybe even smaller). It doesn't make any sense to me.

Damn I finally decided to buy this DLC, guess I won't...

Edited by Macadam Cow

For those saying there wasn't a CQB variant of the XM8:

;)

Not quite what we were talking about. We were referring to the backup CQB sights, like the ones found on the Mk17 ACOG. Not to mention that all the XM8 variants I've seen from all the PMC classes are the exact same XM8s that came with ArmA 2. Even the textures look the same to me. The least we could have gotten was a different camo pattern on them.

:( Mmmh, at 50% lost connection on the EU mirror for the PMC download.

"Connecting...", "Connecting...", but nothing happens.

Not quite what we were talking about. We were referring to the backup CQB sights, like the ones found on the Mk17 ACOG. Not to mention that all the XM8 variants I've seen from all the PMC classes are the exact same XM8s that came with ArmA 2. Even the textures look the same to me. The least we could have gotten was a different camo pattern on them.

Hmm , they added PEQ2 and grip into them no? shame they could add desert versions of them and those CQB sights just like on RH MGS pack :p

Is anyone having performance issues on proving ground ?

I can hardly reach 20 FPS on this map with 2k VD while I'm at 40 FPS on Takistan with 7k VD. :confused:

Yes. Performance is pretty low. I get about 25 fps with 7k VD when I'm alone on the map. On Takistan I get ~30fps with 10k VD and a few AI running around.

But the map is awesome. I like it very much though it's very small.

80% complete on CZ mirror.

Unfortunately, I accidentaly cancelled the patch download. *sigh*

:( Mmmh, at 50% lost connection on the EU mirror for the PMC download.

"Connecting...", "Connecting...", but nothing happens.

Check your Sprocket LogFile for details...maybe is that mirror only full.just select another one

Yes. Performance is pretty low. I get about 25 fps with 7k VD when I'm alone on the map. On Takistan I get ~30fps with 10k VD and a few AI running around.

But the map is awesome. I like it very much though it's very small.

In fact I'm having constant micro freezing, it's unplayable :(

And that piss me off cause indeed the map is great.

Dropping down slower and slower... Glad I pre-ordered it. Will the sprocket thingie continue a download if I switch my mirror again?

dropping down slower and slower... Glad i pre-ordered it. Will the sprocket thingie continue a download if i switch my mirror again?

yes :)

Check your Sprocket LogFile for details...maybe is that mirror only full

THX. Yes, the mirror was full.

Puh, the download connection established again.

80% complete on CZ mirror.

Unfortunately, I accidentaly cancelled the patch download. *sigh*

You just need to re-click the sprocket.exe to resume.

yes :)

Thanks! US mirror was sporting a BLAZING 5KB/sec. Might as well just not release it in the US with speeds like that. Pretty sure I could hand type the code faster than that. CZ had dropped from 140ish to 70, EU seems the big winner now at 85 and falling. This is totally annoying, even more so since I'm sitting on a fiber connection.

It's true, there is a substantial amount of data association with our campaign's use of the new video functionality.

I've banged on enough about our campaign, but, I'd say, fairly objectively, the new map is of really great quality - sure people will complain of it's size, but the team in Brno did a cracking job given the assets available.

I've enjoyed working with it and reckon that it will offer some interesting new options for mod makers. But, I suppose only time and forums posts will tell for the community.

RiE

I see, well the content of that island had "outback" written all over it, so yes, for other maps that opens some nice seed planting ideas :)

BTW I often wonder why people worry too much about download bandwidth and speed, after all its not like its going to go out of stock :) if in doubt, leave it for a few hours, let the download carnage settle. I can picture an image of supermarket sweep and loads of DLC people storming the shop, crushing and bottnecking the entrace ways, waving fists & trashing shelves, while casual browsers get sent to medical room for minor wound treatments :)

Edited by mrcash2009

I got a decent speed by not using the sprocket downloader and just downloading directly. Took 15 minutes or so.

Getting a "ca\modules_pmc\functions\campaign\fn_intIdentity.sqf not found" error when starting with PMC, campaign runs fine so far but expecting troubles later on...

tried reinstalling the patch and pmc over current install but error persist. Dont wanna uninstall and reinstall the game again soooo any ideas?

What are your specs? Because the map runs fine for me when I lower the graphicsettings a bit.

All, Please get off sprocket... you are all slowing my download speed down....:o. It has been sitting on 1 hour to go for over 90 mins

Have u defragged ur ARMA2 directory since u installed it and patch?

Gamebooster does it for me

Getting a "ca\modules_pmc\functions\campaign\fn_intIdentity.sqf not found" error when starting with PMC, campaign runs fine so far but expecting troubles later on...

tried reinstalling the patch and pmc over current install but error persist. Dont wanna uninstall and reinstall the game again soooo any ideas?

Its CBA addon issue ... check here (which has a temporary fix):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110779

Its CBA addon issue ... check here (which has a temporary fix):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110779

Im sorry i just found that out, my bad... thought I had removed all mods when starting it but just noticed the CBA. My bad...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1800319#post1800319 try this.:)

I got a decent speed by not using the sprocket downloader and just downloading directly. Took 15 minutes or so.

duh, I forgotten that's the way I dnld BAF, thanks for the remind.

400+kb is much better than the 15 the down loader was giving.

Proving ground is half the size of Takistan (hell maybe even smaller)

It's not even 1/8th the size of Takistan, it's 2 sq. km.