Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Eagerly awaiting feedback in this thread from owners (and some video hint, hint). Good to see the new fixes in 1.56 up just before this is out too. Will probably give this a go in a week or so. What interests me the most is the size of the install/download ... interesting.

It's true, there is a substantial amount of data association with our campaign's use of the new video functionality.

I've banged on enough about our campaign, but, I'd say, fairly objectively, the new map is of really great quality - sure people will complain of it's size, but the team in Brno did a cracking job given the assets available.

I've enjoyed working with it and reckon that it will offer some interesting new options for mod makers. But, I suppose only time and forums posts will tell for the community.

RiE

Gentlemen, my nipples have exploded with delight.

Ooh yes. :bounce3:

Just got back from work. Now downloading everything and soon patching everything. Then playing i hope... I just dont remember any update without problems. :rolleyes:

so will steam be delayed again?

It looks, rather unsurprisingly, as if this is the case.

Another giant fail :j:

Where is the PMC ammobox in the editor?

It's in the steam release........ nowhere to be seen !!! :p

US Mirror downloading at 36K/sec here... I downloaded the patch from FileFront at 9MB/s... Joy.

so will steam be delayed again?

There's an official PMC-group on Steam. It has an event saying, Scheduled release: Today @11 pm. That would be 11 pm my local time, so it is 11 pm CET. So, it looks like we'll have to wait at least another 7,5 hours or so.

But I really don't understand why they can't at least put up the PMC page in the Steam store... :(

Edited by Johan S

US Mirror downloading at 36K/sec here... I downloaded the patch from FileFront at 9MB/s... Joy.

DLC DL speed: 218kB/s (CZ mirror)

Patch DL speed: ~90kB/s from ftp.armedassault.info

:j:

Can't connect to EU/CZ mirrors on Sprocket, only US mirror seems to be working at the moment.

For those saying there wasn't a CQB variant of the XM8:

xm8_cqb_th.jpg

Click for hi-res (1440x900)

;)

can't connect to eu/cz mirrors on sprocket, only us mirror seems to be working at the moment.

+1

:(

For those saying there wasn't a CQB variant of the XM8:

;)

They're talking about CQB backup sights on the main XM8...

Is anyone having performance issues on proving ground ?

I can hardly reach 20 FPS on this map with 2k VD while I'm at 40 FPS on Takistan with 7k VD. :confused:

Can't connect to EU/CZ mirrors on Sprocket, only US mirror seems to be working at the moment.

Glad its not just me. I'm only managing to pull like 14kbs off the US server as well.

On the contrary, Macadam Cow, I have a really high FPS on Proving Grounds. ~60 FPS compared to ~40 FPS on Takistan.

Is there anywhere a better quality picture for the PMC DVD cover than the picture on sprocketidea.com?

Thanks BIS, I'm enjoying the new content. The first 5 minutes of the campaign was pretty good, I really liked the feel to it, but that's about all I gave it. I'm already in the editor playing with my new toys. :)

0030.11.2010 16:00:42.0813 - 421 150 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry

HELP ME GUYS actually my game wont run patch installed fine

but when i wnat to run game.