Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Is there already a How-to in the bis wiki for implementing the new engine features (Shotgun Ballistics Modelling and in-game Video Playback) in a mission? -If not, please update it with the official release of the DLC.

About video playback:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dialog_Control#Videos

I hope the AI coner-to-coner fight skill being improved.

It's really annoying that AI nearly blinding when they're in dog-fight!

And I prefer AI can join in the urban fight to always field's fight.

Sorry, my bad. Nevertheless, message for others stays the same :)

You can actually unpack Lite addons in Common folder. Missions_BAF.pbo (and also Missions_PMC.pbo) are for obvious reasons lacking mission.sqm files, but everything else - descriptions, scripts, FSMs - is there. And if you own a full DLC, with certain tricks, you can get even those ;)

Thank you so much for the reply. Although the link told me nothing :confused: I have no idea what that stuff means. Where are you supposed to write these codes? I wish there was an easy way to open up the official DLC missions in the editor. :(

Some of you guys are funny . Deciding that DLC is a no buy based on pre release information and media .

The voice acting is good enough . Not all operators , be they part of a countries armed forces or the private military sector have deep manly homoerotic voices .

I say wait for the DLC to come out , then start dropping semi valid or better ,non valid arguments, so that we , the more positive and hopefully the majority of the forum users /consumers, can bring forth arguments based on a proper post release analysis of the DLC , that will hopefully negate your arguments and hopefully prove that you were partially if not fully wrong ... and that some of you are

tightasses/trolls

One love !

Some of you guys are funny. Deciding that DLC is a no buy based on pre release information and media.

How does our decision not to buy something make us funny, or as you so elegantly put it, tightasses and trolls? Please explain.

Reasons that are not valid to you may be valid to others. Unpeekable content has absolutely no value to me, so why should I bother?

that will hopefully negate your arguments and hopefully prove that you were partially if not fully wrong ... and that some of you are tightasses/trolls

It's not about right or wrong, it's about personal choice/opinion, and in some cases, principles. Let's not attempt to scare away those whose opinions differ. Playerbase is small enough as it is...

@OnlyRazor: Because they have women in their army? :)

Will there be a disk version of PMC? I have Combined Ops on discs, I would like to get it from a known retailer too, like Amazon or Newegg. Or do I have to somehow use steam, which would be slightly annoying?:confused:

The PMC DLC, so far, will not be released as a hard copy. It is DownLoadable Content for a reason, after all. But are you forced to buy it through Steam due to having OA on Steam? Or are you able to get it from BIS' own online store?

The PMC DLC, so far, will not be released as a hard copy. It is DownLoadable Content for a reason, after all. But are you forced to buy it through Steam due to having OA on Steam? Or are you able to get it from BIS' own online store?

No I said I have Combined Ops on discs. Its mainly about trust and I dont so much like downloaded content because of reasons like unsecure downloads and giving money for virtual items and I just like knowing I have the content in my possesion.

I guess, I will just deal without it then. If I really want it bad enough I guess I will get it off steam or direct2drive.

Edited by WarMachine45

At about 2 minutes in, is that a mounted gun or a player held one?

I was pleasantly surprised by how well Sprocket worked.

I have saved the data to DVD and will add future DLC, as and when.

NP.

No I said I have Combined Ops on discs. Its mainly about trust and I dont so much like downloaded content because of reasons like unsecure downloads and giving money for virtual items and I just like knowing I have the content in my possesion.

I guess, I will just deal without it then. If I really want it bad enough I guess I will get it off steam or direct2drive.

Do not get it off Steam if you don't have Combined Operations bought via Steam as well. It will not work. It quite clearly says so, but people miss it sometimes...

BIS' store is completely secure. I've used it twice already - once for OA itself, the other for the BAF DLC, and I'll use it a third time for the PMC DLC.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well Sprocket worked.

I have saved the data to DVD and will add future DLC, as and when.

NP.

Hmmm... I might just do that, just so I don't have to rely on the site after I download it. Also my internet speed isn't fast, so it takes a while and I wouldn't want to redownload it.

How does our decision not to buy something make us funny, or as you so elegantly put it, tightasses and trolls? Please explain.

Reasons that are not valid to you may be valid to others. Unpeekable content has absolutely no value to me, so why should I bother?

It's not about right or wrong, it's about personal choice/opinion, and in some cases, principles. Let's not attempt to scare away those whose opinions differ. Playerbase is small enough as it is...

My post was addressed to those who are more "loud" and plain "silly" when it comes to expressing their dislikes regarding the DLC's content . There were plenty of examples before BAF and some now .

"The XM-8 is not realistic!" posts were a perfect example of how "funny" some of us can be .

I also have good experiences with Sprocket so far.

Plus it gives BI the most money.

At about 2 minutes in, is that a mounted gun or a player held one?

I'm kinda assuming its a mounted gun, or someone is paying to replace that massive hole in the roof where the soldier dude is popping out of.

but yeah, it did say in the description that there is a new armoured suv

I can't wait for this, I can't wait to see the new Asian faces close up!

Now we can make proper armies like Japan and North Korea. I realise they look pretty different from one another but at least it's something.

<3 Sprocket :D

i have no interesst on this dlc - and bevor i maby buy this - i will a fix from the last dlc -

secont channel for waorrir aps thermal sight.

fix the over HE ammuniton

Fix Driving sound

maingun muzzleflash bug

no copilot seat in merlin

no aviable pilot slot in merlin in editor.

im very angry of bis - when you think testing your stuff bevor relaise it ??

:protest::protest:

over 3/4 of the community will arma2 units on AO level and not new DLC

bring it on one level and make it as a dlc patch i will buy

Because they have women in their army? :)

Of course, I mean, you can liberate North Korea and then all BIS has to do is add a sexual intercourse simulator and they have a thing going :yay:

has bsi confermed that thay will be selling the new dlc on steam?

the A2: PMC is ready and functional on the STEAM already ... :cool:

to understood more i suggest You google up "Valve time" :D

i have no interesst on this dlc - and bevor i maby buy this - i will a fix from the last dlc -

secont channel for waorrir aps thermal sight.

fix the over HE ammuniton

Fix Driving sound

maingun muzzleflash bug

no copilot seat in merlin

no aviable pilot slot in merlin in editor.

im very angry of bis - when you think testing your stuff bevor relaise it ??

:protest::protest:

over 3/4 of the community will arma2 units on AO level and not new DLC

bring it on one level and make it as a dlc patch i will buy

I don't really understand what you're saying at all, but most of those things were fixed in the BAF Patch...Might wanna stay up to date before complaining on the forums in broken English.