Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Or it could be PLA.

Just so BIS can do something else better than Codemasters.

It's funny looking at those pictures. Face 112 is an Asian Jan, 117 appears to be an Asian Dsylecxi (now with a receding hairline), and 129 is an Asian Karel, I think. :p

Edited by Zipper5

Or perhaps they are doing some Asian faces just because there were some earlier complaints about the LACK of them in arma2/OA? But hey! don't let me ruin your theories.

-k

I think its a "Latin" DLC based on the Mexican "Cartel x Army\Federals" Conflict.

Loving those "Report In" entries, but why they have all those fancy ads\posters\you name it in their office?! (like in this pic)

I mean, I presume they already know the game (.......), so why don´t sell it or send along with the games? =\

I think its a "Latin" DLC based on the Mexican "Cartel x Army\Federals" Conflict.

Yes! Machete DLC. :D

p><p><a  href=http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7108/vicon2marek121293512184.jpg' alt='vicon2marek121293512184.jpg'>

It would be interesting to see if the next DLC or expansion pack, depending on the size and magnitude, has anything to do with PLA. Either way, the new faces are most welcome.Definitely not Korean btw (I've seen too many Korean movies :p). Would be great if the Russian army could get some north-east asian, maybe even Takistanian, faces as well, mainly because Russia is such a vast land with many cultures and ethnic groups.

Either way, I'm still skeptical in buying this. I might be convinced if there is a PMC Lite though. :)

I belive the reason for DLC is to fund the continued support (patches) for said gameplay issues.

BI support their games better than any other company i know of :)

Actually,

Valve is also a big supporter of their games. Of course, shooting zombies in the face is infinitely simpler that shooting Private Jazir al Nadab, 28, Takistani army in the face.

But anyway, the DLC looks cool, it's got me convinced and stuff, but seriously...

The thing I want most is a chinook I can walk through. It kinda gives me this flashback when I enter a chinook, about Joint ops, where you could walk in it and stuff. :yay:

Edited by OnlyRazor
those darned capital letters

Behind the screens features awesome KAC PDW, while actual DLC features lame-ass recycled XM8.

XM8 died BIS. Let it go.

Behind the screens features awesome KAC PDW, while actual DLC features lame-ass recycled XM8.

XM8 died BIS. Let it go.

The XM-8 is a great working weapon .

Plus you might get that PDW one day, who knows .

The interview is great . I like what you did with the questions , explaining your take on the whole DLC issue .

Also the new asian faces look nice .

The XM-8 is a great working weapon .

Plus you might get that PDW one day, who knows .

the xm-8 has been available since arma2 came out. sorta not that exciting to get and pay for it again in dlc.

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-weaponry/assault-rifles.html

how many times have you used it in your own missions despite it being there since arma2's release? personally zero times and it'lll no doubt stay that number for me going forward.

looking forward to the DLC anyway, but there are times it seems BIS does expedient things - don't blame em either.

yep, its the same for me. For me its not about if this weapon is used or not actually. Its that the XM8 was allready ugly in Arma2 and its not anything new. Maybe they will retexture them completly, then i dont say anything;-)

how many times have you used it in your own missions despite it being there since arma2's release? personally zero times and it'lll no doubt stay that number for me going forward.

The difference being that previously there was zero basis for any of the units in ArmA2 to use the XM8 where as has been suggested repeatedly already, it's entirely plausible that a contractor like Ion might be able to procure such a thing.

the xm-8 has been available since arma2 came out. sorta not that exciting to get and pay for it again in dlc.

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-weaponry/assault-rifles.html

looking forward to the DLC anyway, but there are times it seems BIS does expedient things - don't blame em either.

The XM-8 will be fully modeled according to BIS , so it's not like it's just a re skin of the ArmA 2 ones . Plus it's just a minor part of the cheap DLC they are putting out . If you want to support BIS you will buy the DLC and if somewhere down the road you want to shoot something up with it , it will be there for you :).

Try to keep in mind that the money obtained from the DLC's will help BIS further improve the ArmA experience for all of us ( patches , ArmA X ... )

Edited by Maio

its ChIef, not chef :p

1245099850_4235_w150_h150.jpg

Edited by That guy
get pic to work

:D Yeah, this is why I first thought it was Marek. :) Things like this flew through my head instantly (see below).

click for bigger resolution

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2629/suvpmc.jpg[/img

Just the start of another average day at BIS. I wonder what the neighbours think everyday....

PS: I was looking for that pic were he was wearing a camo just like the ones that NAPA uses ingame, which is very cool...

The XM-8 will be fully modeled according to BIS , so it's not like it's just a re skin of the ArmA 2 ones . Plus it's just a minor part of the cheap DLC they are putting out . If you want to support BIS you will buy the DLC and if somewhere down the road you want to shoot something up with it , it will be there for you :).

Try to keep in mind that the money obtained from the DLC's will help BIS further improve the ArmA experience for all of us ( patches , ArmA X ... )

ready bought it mate, and chances are I will keep on buying all BIS DLC. I am a big supporter of BIS happy to give BIS my money cause of the amazing games they make and this pack contains so much more than just the XM-8.

but if this was just a xm-8 dlc pack for a buck i would not buy it. ;)