Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Can I play the new campaign of PMC cooperative with another player? Or is it single player only??

I'm waiting for the gamersgate release as well. Bought all of the other stuff there and I want to complete my collection.

Can I play the new campaign of PMC cooperative with another player? Or is it single player only??

IIRC, its designed to be 2 player coop.

I'm a bit disappointed about this DLC.

Can't remember where I read how the devs have reworked shotgun's bullets and how it was much more realistic now,...

Well, ok, glad to hear it, but common, whos frequently using shitgun in a game like ArmA ?

Shotgun is a wonderful weapon for CQB, no doubt, but this game isn't really aiming at CQB...I would have prefer to see the CQB itself being reworked. Adding, for example, those new Shack Tac movement, and that kind of stuff.

I really would like to see BI working on gameplay issues instead of adding new content. The more the merrier, ok, but I mean those units could have been done by the community.

There are several things the community can't work on, like all the cargo handling and stuff like that. I know we can't compare ArmA to VBS but if BIS could integrate the cargo system from VBS it would be awesome. Being able to load vehicles into planes, ship,...being able to walk into a flying chopper and thus shoot from it, being able to land a chopper on a moving ship,...

Not even in my wettiest dream I guess...

Edited by Macadam Cow

I really would like to see BI working on gameplay issues instead of adding new content. The more the merrier, ok, but I mean those units could have been done by the community..

I belive the reason for DLC is to fund the continued support (patches) for said gameplay issues.

BI support their games better than any other company i know of :)

BI support their games better than any other company i know of :)

I know, I love BI and I love loving BI because they don't consider their customers as money machine.

I have more respect for BI than I have for all others compagnies together.

But on the other hand that makes me a bit more demanding ;)

Edited by Macadam Cow
cause I speak english as good as a mad goat...

Yeah how about a fast roping ability and NOT just for multiplayer..and still feck all on steam !!

Regarding that bullet point about "abandoned wasteland style military weapons test range environment", anyone see anything that confirms we'll get a bunch of derelict and ruined buildings in this DLC?

If so, that will be a great asset for map-makers to create believable post-apocalypse terrains. :D

Why can't they be like valve. Free dlcs.

Because they don't sell millions, and need to feed

It's called "a job"

And 10 bucks feel like free... Especially when you consider what you get for thoose 10 bucks...

What? You mean with TF2? Team Fortress 2 is infinitely simpler than Arma 2 and Valve probably has a much much larger income than Bohemia so they can afford it.

We have had free DLC from BIS anyway in the form of patch 1.05 with the Apache and Eagle Wing. I'd like to see some more free stuff, who wouldn't.

We get new content and missions running on an existing engine with a few improvements for under £10. If you bought Medal of Honor/COD you got exactly that but were charged more than twice the price for something with a lot less replayability.

BIS has been putting out free downloadable content since the ancient times.

Well, at least we don't have to spent 30 bucks for 2 maps to feed that satan, BOBBY KOTICK.

In the new 5 screenshots a new drone is shown. Is this thing allready in use, is it only a recon drone or combat drone, couldnt find anything about it.

We do. We get the assets and maps for free. Haven't you noticed all those British Forces + Shapur in your game lately? Oh, poor quality textures? No campaign? Well heck, I guess that might be worth 10€!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Don't forget that 1.55 actually upped the quality of the BAF Lite content. ;)

I think a intelligence step from BIS.

The current state of the game is really bad for me and many others.

Horrible texture loading, bugs with helicopters and more.

Let us test many new betas and you can be sure to have a game the community can enjoy. It doesnt make sense to release DLC while the vanilla game is in a bad state.

Yep, good move. The more polish the game gets, the better. Let's just hope that will mean even more feature and balance standardizations between arma2 and arrowhead.

Having a unified Armory that will show content from both games, if you run Combined Ops, would really benefit a lot, if new Arrowhead features like thermal vision, ammo slot sizes (i.e. SMAW vs. MAAWS) and vehicle speeds (the bug that certain vehicles driver faster offroad than on roads on takistan) will be brought more in line across the entire arsenal and vehicle pool.

Technical improvements and bugfixing is one thing, but don't forget there is a game underneath - and games need balance. :)