Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

I still don't see why everyone's complaining about the XM8. Where in there did they say that was the main gun every contractor was going to use?

Exotic new weapons (AA-12, fully modelled XM8 variants)

I don't see anywhere in there where it states that each and every contractor will be using an XM8 variant. For all we know they actually COULD be outfitted with M4's and AK's. There hasn't been a whole lot announced about this DLC, just some info on new weapons and vehicles....

How many player slots in Armory MP? Does each slot give you different player skins (crewman, sniper, squad leader)? Are there separate player slots for OPFOR?

I dont see why people complain about the Xm8. If BIS chose that ION.inc is using Xm8, so be it. Its completelly fictive Private Military Company. Hell, even Black Water are developing their own weapons, right? What if ION kept going on the Xm8 project after others dropped it? Its ArmAverse, and it takes place in what, 2012 or 2013? Now quit whining and deal with it. :D

9-1277407037.gif

How many player slots in Armory MP? Does each slot give you different player skins (crewman, sniper, squad leader)? Are there separate player slots for OPFOR?

Pretty sure I remember 8 player slots, not 100% sure though

So looking at the preview vid, those with combined ops will get stuff from A2 Vanilla as well for Armory MP? I notice one of the screen shots in the main BI webpage shows the Armory in Chernarus, so we get to choose what map to play in?

Pretty sure I remember 8 player slots, not 100% sure though

Yes, 8 slots.

So looking at the preview vid, those with combined ops will get stuff from A2 Vanilla as well for Armory MP? I notice one of the screen shots in the main BI webpage shows the Armory in Chernarus, so we get to choose what map to play in?

Yes, it will use content from A2, OA, BAF and PMC, depending on what you have installed. Out-of-the-box Takistan and Chernarus are set up for the MP Armory, but it is possible to set it up for any world (this needs some configuration by the world designer, for which documentation will be provided).

I dont see why people complain about the Xm8. If BIS chose that ION.inc is using Xm8, so be it. Its completelly fictive Private Military Company. Hell, even Black Water are developing their own weapons, right? What if ION kept going on the Xm8 project after others dropped it? Its ArmAverse, and it takes place in what, 2012 or 2013? Now quit whining and deal with it. :D

So whats next?

Aliens_Pulse3.jpg

Next step will be giving Russians Fn Fals, Stryker Shotguns, and modernized Ak-47s I mean its only a game right?

-k

The XM-8 is real . It's been fired by humans on real firing ranges . Real bullets came out of the XM-8's barrel , which also happened to be real . The bullets fired out of the XM-8 made little holes in the targets .

Further development was canceled , but the XM-8 was in working order , mostly because , read above :) .

PMC's get to chose the weapons there operators use . ION INC is a fictional PMC . It chose the XM-8 .

ION INC : Hello US , can we buy some of your XM-8's ?

US: Yes : that will be $$$.

ION INC: Thank you .

US: Don't forget the bullets , it would be a shame not to fire these working XM-8's.

ION INC : Oh silly us , we saw so much talk on the interwebs , that we thought we were buying plastic toys :rolleyes:

The XM-8 is real , it can kill people , it will be in the PMC DLC , get over it .

EDIT

Look at that ,it fires :eek:

63cxeEq5gUk

Edited by Maio

So whats next?

Next step will be giving Russians Fn Fals, Stryker Shotguns, and modernized Ak-47s I mean its only a game right?

-k

Nice, I see what you did there. :)

Yes, 8 slots.

Yes, it will use content from A2, OA, BAF and PMC, depending on what you have installed. Out-of-the-box Takistan and Chernarus are set up for the MP Armory, but it is possible to set it up for any world (this needs some configuration by the world designer, for which documentation will be provided).

I assume that the MP Armory will also automaticly add content from Other Addon folders like the SP Armory?

So whats next?

-k

How does bitching and moaning like a 5 year not getting it's way do anything for you except make you look like a troll? If you dont want to play with the new XM8 don't buy the DLC it's as simple as pi. Edited by Big Mac

ION INC : Hello US , can we buy some of your XM-8's ?

US: Yes , that will be $$$.

ION INC: Thank you .

US: Don't forget the bullets , it would be a shame not to fire this working XM-8's.

ION INC : Oh silly us , we saw so much talk on the interwebs , that we thought we were buying plastic toys :rolleyes:

This is the best dialog on the forums. :yay:

You're just trolling at this point, give it up. The XM8 is a real weapon that exists and has been tested before, if you don't know the difference between that and laser weaponry then yea, troll harder.

Yeap, if having the oppinion that the XM8 is ridiculous on a realistic game that ArmA "aims to be" is being a troll, than I guess that I could be a troll. At least I "know" that a laser gun will be in a battlefield in the future, the same cannot be said about the XM8. But since we're talking about "cool" and "diferent" stuff, I would also want a:

- Tachyon particle launcher

- A clocking device

- And by the way, that cool rifle from Aliens that NkEnNy posted would also be nice as well ;)

Am I trolling?? Depends on the point of view. Am I being sarcastic? Most definitly, yes! And the reason is that currently the ArmA series is the only military (FPS perspective) game/sim that models accurate and realistic weaponry and I would very much HATE to see these game series (ArmA) becoming a "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter" which has become as realistic as HALO for example (BTW, do you know that the clocking device will by the last GRAW game?).

Yeap, if having the oppinion that the XM8 is ridiculous on a realistic game that ArmA "aims to be" is being a troll, than I guess that I could be a troll. At least I "know" that a laser gun will be in a battlefield in the future, the same cannot be said about the XM8. But since we're talking about "cool" and "diferent" stuff, I would also want a:

Read my post a page back please .

Xm8 is outdated to say atleast, plus it's just a modified G36 so ofcourse it works.

The bushmaster ACR/ Magpul Masada or even M4s and AKs would be a logic choice for a PMC company even in 2013-2015.

Otherwise i agree with ricnunes, with Xm8s it's becoming more like mw2 or something.

So why not add heartbeat sensors for its coolness to the rifles, reckon ION will defenately have those in 2013.

Lol, MW2 didnt have XM8 but did have ACR, weird version of M4 and AK. Im happy about XM8 to be fully modeled since it is in A2. So upgrade of that is a good thing.

Case in point :

If A2 really was only intended as being realistic simulation, and nothing else, then there would be far more important matters to complain than inclusion of XM8

If A2 is not that much locked on realism but more on battlefield integration like no other software, and on scale not seen before (not talking about the other aspects...), then the importance of changing from XM8 can be questioned

What is the impact of changing XM8 that late in PMC dev? It'll probably delay the release. Is it worth it? I don't think so....

Quoting myself, perhaps the realism brigade will get the point ...

Why did nobody mention the fact that all G.I.s in OA have SCAR 16/17...as far as I know SCAR are the same as XM-8...rather hypothetical, at least for the average Infantryman.