Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Oh my God, the ending had me in stitches! I love BIS' sense of humor! :D

The van´t Sea guy needs his name checked, too strong resemblance to living persons methinks .... and why the heck does the video author make a search for Leon's plant?!

Don´t you dare say "Indoor plant DLC" :crazy_o:

edit: How about Ross Kemp as narrator?

I think i´m hearing some similarities in the flow of words .. :D

Edited by Mr Burns

I don't like the XM8, but ANY weapon system is realistic for PMC's. They are not bound to the rules and the weaponry of the US military and they carry whatever they feel like taking. I've seen PMC operators carrying some pretty cool guns and the ammunition that some of them use can't even be used by us in the military, like that explosive round that kill an insurgent in Iraq with one shot in the ass (true story, it happened).

Loved the vid..nice one.

Scots guy at the end...brilliant. Looks like the devs have been reading Irvine Welsh.

Oh yeah...gratz Mr Zipper5...Sah!!

Loved the vid..nice one.

Scots guy at the end...brilliant. Looks like the devs have been reading Irvine Welsh.

Oh yeah...gratz Mr Zipper5...Sah!!

I might be mistaken, but I believe it's a reference to the discontent some had with the "needless" swearing in the first PMC trailer. :p

(And thanks, Bascule. :D )

The captured pilot in 2:44 is suposedly an czech contractor, because he say "svi*ě zasr*ný" wich mean "F*cking swin*" .)

The video is nicly done.

Noice video.

PS Congrats to Zipper5 on becoming mod, when did that happen?

EDIT: MM, this video seems to be more on the side of the contractors who have to go through these zones than the last video and highlights some of the streses these guys face an dthe negligence some of their bosses show. Nicely balanced with the bit mentioning how much they can get paid for the trouble though..

Edited by TomatoArden

the narrator says the contractor is Russian i believe

i am liking the way that BIS is presenting the whole contractor/military relation. very well done. makes me warm up alot to the pack, and gives me more positive feelings for the campaign

Hmmm I've been contracting in Iraq since 2004 and this video echoes far too much on real incidents involving Blackwater (Xe) personnel, and there's a LOT of things too close to the bone in regards to the outcome of Court cases regarding the 4 BSC guys slain in Fallujah.....that video was a little bit disturbing in the similarities.... don't know if that was the intention, but I was in Iraq when it happened and it seems odd that it's "almost" identical to real events.....I'll still buy it, but it sent a chill down my spine....

Contractors have been part and parcel in the US for a while now, I believe there were civilian contractors employed during WW2, and today they are a cheaper alternative and free up Combat troops to do what they do best........FIGHT!!!

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I don't like the XM8, but ANY weapon system is realistic for PMC's. They are not bound to the rules and the weaponry of the US military and they carry whatever they feel like taking. I've seen PMC operators carrying some pretty cool guns and the ammunition that some of them use can't even be used by us in the military, like that explosive round that kill an insurgent in Iraq with one shot in the ass (true story, it happened).

Not anymore they can't there's restrictions on calibres and types of weapons and every single weapon HAS to be MOI registered, and you have to have an MOI weapons card to carry it...

You have to have an arming authority as well..it's been like this for a few years now, and the guy who shot the insurgent in the ass is a friend of mine, and anyone caught using NON Issued ammo will be punished, sure back in 2003-2006 it was the Wild West at times, not any more, you follow rules and Iraqi Law, and if you dont have the correct paperwork, you're going to spend some time inside an Iraqi Prison and Uncle Sam ain't gonna come and help you ;)

so i rofl'd at the facebook post today.

They aren't Tier 1; this isn't special ops.

They are contractors; this is Private Military Company

those pmcs wish they were as hardcore as tier 1.

I will buy it....

But i would realy like more that BIS spends time to make their engine 21 century compatibile, for ARMA3.... like 64bit RAM adressing, and DX11, and hopefuly optimizing AI and rendering.

MHO

yeah! and the look of the cryengine 3, so everybody have to robe a bank to build a new computar...

yeah! and the look of the cryengine 3, so everybody have to robe a bank to build a new computar...

Like ArmA 2 was low-end friendly! hahaha, utter bs :D

I dislike the lack of swearing in the new teaser.

:)

And this PMC theme is something that might be attracting more eyes to the game, for good or bad reasons... BIS was counting on that?

soon id tagged soldiers will be using id tagged weapons and carrying id tagged gear.

soon id tagged soldiers will be using id tagged weapons and carrying id tagged gear.

War, has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicities. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life, has become a well oiled machine. War has changed. ID tagged soldiers carry ID tagged weapons, and use ID tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies, enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control, information control, emotion control, battlefield control, everything is monitored, and kept under control. War, has changed.

ಠ_ಠ

Edited by AnimalMother92
fail typo

Awesome video, It makes me want this even more :D

War, has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicities. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life, has become a well oiled machine. War has changed. ID tagged soldiers carry ID tagged wappons, and use ID tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies, enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control, information control, emotion control, battlefield control, everything is monitored, and kept under control. War, has changed.

ಠ_ಠ

Also if prisoners try to escape we have a great big inflatable sphere called ROVER that chases them.

for me PMC is most disgusting thing that now happens in war

cause they are nothing but pay-killers, criminals

soldiers should fight for country, freedom of nation, defend against agressor from abroad,

this who kills and fight for money is nothing more like usual criminal for me

such people do not care about cause of war, they care about money, so they are pay-killers

noone who has morality would accept killing for money

shame that in today's world such things happen like PMCs , not country-serving-defenders for idea of freedom, equality, human rights or etc.

Edited by vilas

War, has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicities. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life, has become a well oiled machine. War has changed. ID tagged soldiers carry ID tagged wappons, and use ID tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies, enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control, information control, emotion control, battlefield control, everything is monitored, and kept under control. War, has changed.

ಠ_ಠ

Someone don't liked MGS4 ಠ_ಠ

shame that in today's world such things happen like PMCs , not country-serving-defenders for idea of freedom, equality, human rights or etc.

You want WW3 to gain idea of freedom? :p