Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

If you ask me i'd rather have the "flashpointversum" back.. BIS reasoning behind the SCAR was "to make it more interesting" but i dont see how that worked out.. replace them with a good M4 pack and it will look "right", thats what i'd call interesting.

I dont have fond memories of Queens Gambit...

Maybe we'll actually get M14 (moar optics) and M60E4 (any optics and PEQ) variants done properly in the future? :rolleyes:

I'd much rather have that. Why those 2 awesome guns were added in OA only to be gimped is beyond me.

Quit bitching maggots, its ArmAverse. They can give Russians ACU and FN-FAL and you WILL enjoy them >: ( (natural law of BIS content, excludes Queens Gambit)

The XM8s that we already have feel kinda clunky to me already.

What about the Barrett M468? Introducing 6.8mm rounds to vanilla would be interesting, I'd have thought.

Other ideas perhaps?

• LWRC M6 variants...
  • TAR-21 variants

I'm thinking add new stuff too -- not just new variants of my least favourite gun ingame.

Kristian- BIS will add Tavors and Famas for russians to replace AK107 :p

BIS got model parts to make nice custom AK or M4 , if you have a parts its very easy ,but BIS got lazy about to put them together

Edited by RobertHammer

agreed here, xm8 seems like a weird choice, but as Kristian said, it's the armaverse..

seeing M4/AK47 variants with a shitload of tactical stuff would be cooler imo.

i like the xm8, its cool. And i am also very tired of using an m4/m16 or an m4/m16 lookalike in most FPS'es out these days.

seeing M4/AK47 variants with a shitload of tactical stuff would be cooler imo.

Agreed that would look cool but it would be totally pointless until BI deals with #13335

i like the xm8, its cool. And i am also very tired of using an m4/m16 or an m4/m16 lookalike in most FPS'es out these days.

The XM8 is closer to an M4 than some of the suggestions in here. Sadly the XM8 has been kept alive and "cool" by games like Bad Company and such even though it should have died peacefully.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Heckler_%26_Koch_XM8#Video_Games

http://www.giantbomb.com/xm8/93-1323/

I could've gone for some Mk18 CQBR variations.

XM8 is ugly and was cancelled. I don't see why they're adding it but I also don't see any harm in it as it's just a game. I would've liked to have Mk18 CQBRs but I'll learn to live without.

well the army has thousands of m8s locked up in storage to never see the light of day again. they could have easily passed them off to the rent-a-cops of ION :D

honestly i think for all intents and purposes, the m8 is fine. its a game, and one of the 100s of m4 look alikes that could have been a "realistic" replacement, are not going to work in game. why? all the spiffy things that make them better than the M4 are not modeled in game. so what is the point of having both m4s and 416s if there is not a difference (besides different irons)?. and honestly, even with the real things the differences are some times not even noticeable.

its all just masturbatory material for catalogs and gear queers

so with the m8 it at least looks different

granted, i would like to see more OLDer weapons, like mosin, sks, RPK (7.62), RPD, AK47 w/ gp25-30, G3, and more civi weapons, and not just new shit that is in very limited world wide use

or if we are going to add new shit, use the russian "speshul" guns. they have a friggin boat load. and better yet, they arnt just modded m4s :p

Because re-releasing an Arma 1 weapon is cheaper than making a new one.

Edited by sparks50

I really think Sopmod M4s/AKs, HK416s or TAR-21s would be a very interesting choise of weapons and would be cool to see, Im not dissapointed with the XM8, I just hope they add it in Black and Tan variants opposed to the ugly grey version we got in ArmA 2.

Hopefully BIS is hiding something and will surprise us with something really cool. :)

Edited by Enad

Because re-releasing an Arma 1 weapon is cheaper than making a new one.

Just look at the M16A2 M203, it is still the old ugly low poly OFP model.

granted, i would like to see more OLDer weapons, like mosin, sks, RPK (7.62), RPD, AK47 w/ gp25-30, G3, and more civi weapons, and not just new shit that is in very limited world wide use

or if we are going to add new shit, use the russian "speshul" guns. they have a friggin boat load. and better yet, they arnt just modded m4s

Yea, the old Russian weapons you listed would all fit well into the Takistan faction, and some more 9x39 Rifles/Carbines would be kickass.

But alas, this DLC is for a Private Military Company, not Russians or Takistanis. Maybe the next DLC could be for the 'Bad Guys.'

I get where BI is coming from using the XM8's..ION is supposed to be a legitimate company..if it's big enough/important enough they'll care to supply their contractors with something that makes them look professional. However, I don't think they'll only be using the XM8. If you go into the PMC faction that came with BAF, the two units both use the updated version of the M4. The AA12 is going to be included in PMC so there's a little diversity already.

From a personal viewpoint I think that the XM8's are still a poor choice. Not only were the guns discontinued for being the same as a G36 in a different shell, the guns are downright ugly and the A2 versions used the same sounds as the G36 model (I'm sure in RL there is at least some difference..) and there wasn't a whole lot special about them.

I get where BI is coming from using the XM8's..ION is supposed to be a legitimate company..if it's big enough/important enough they'll care to supply their contractors with something that makes them look professional. However, I don't think they'll only be using the XM8. If you go into the PMC faction that came with BAF, the two units both use the updated version of the M4. The AA12 is going to be included in PMC so there's a little diversity already.

From a personal viewpoint I think that the XM8's are still a poor choice. Not only were the guns discontinued for being the same as a G36 in a different shell, the guns are downright ugly and the A2 versions used the same sounds as the G36 model (I'm sure in RL there is at least some difference..) and there wasn't a whole lot special about them.

What differnce in sound? RL you wont recognize much of a difference beetween M4, M16, G36 or SA80, AUG etc...only in the subtle sounds the system makes...but you won't hear that in most circumstances...the G36 Sound is in fact a real anoyance in game...its completly bullshit Edited by Ulanthorn

What differnce in sound? RL you wont recognize much of a difference beetween M4, M16, G36 or SA80, AUG etc...only in the subtle sounds the system makes...but you won't hear that in most circumstances...the G36 Sound is in facvt a ral annoyance in game...its completly bullshit

I don't really care about the sound I was just saying. As far as personal opinions go I just thought they could've turned out better. Thats all

I would like to see a Winter map, maybe a winter Chernarus, and due to all the snow, it would run better on lower end machines.

Also some desert Ruskies, to use in Takistan.

Cheers

GC

I would like to see a Winter map, maybe a winter Chernarus, and due to all the snow, it would run better on lower end machines.

Also some desert Ruskies, to use in Takistan.

Cheers

GC

Wrong thread for saying what you want in a DLC really.