Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Also, goofy heli-UAV Ball of Doomâ„¢ is goofy.

Looks like we could have a Canadair CL-227 Sea Sentinel

cl227sentinel.gif

or possibly a

mbvk137.jpg

Kamov Ka-137.

I would go for the Kamov flavour myself considering the Kamov making into the DLC.

New toys FTW.

So, the AA12 thing is a little overboard. what's next, an m4a3 that fire HEIPT rounds? and as i said before, queen's gambit 2.0.

Looks interesting to me :slayer:

Check this out ! If you want to know more about the AA12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wprvfaxjY8w

Looks awesome, I will buy it.

I hope one the engine improvments is weapon resting, really important now we have a good recoil system for those times you can't go prone with a machine gun.

new DLC is always good. PMC is not really such a draw card for me, but the shotgun sounds good if if accurately reflects the way the real version fires. the xm8 - well, why the heck does this weapon always raise its head in arma2? afaik it was cancelled by the military 5 years ago. I'd rather (too late I know but rather say as silence is assent) see weapons that contractors would be likely to use.

any more info on the engine changes? the betas have seen awesome progress as is, and i am keen to seen the engine changes for.

having said all that, I think the rest of the DLC sounds very interesting and will buy the DLC as I support BIS development and the way they keep improving of arma2.

edit like the guy above i hope to see weapon resting/bipods too.

For those who thinks that the AA-12 is weak ,look at this video that a mate from my clan dig up:

can't wait for someone starting to demand more hand animations according to this video

siOEEOTjGqM

can't wait for someone starting to demand more hand animations according to this video

And that "leg reload" animation.

Sigh, I hate PMCs, but I know I'll probably end up buying this anyways if it helps BIS pump out great beta patches like they have been. There were so many better ideas in the suggestions forum, oh well. :icon_neutral:

Possibly not what I would have selected from a list but I'm starting to appreciate that it rounds out the official content better than would more of the same regular and special forces.

Sigh, I hate PMCs, but I know I'll probably end up buying this anyways if it helps BIS pump out great beta patches like they have been. There were so many better ideas in the suggestions forum, oh well. :icon_neutral:

It's entirely likely that BIS has been working on this since before we had any idea it would even be coming, therefore the suggestions were coming too late in the game for the focus of this particular DLC to be changed.

But as I said earlier in this thread, the RPS interview hinted at them looking towards adding a new OPFOR to the Armaverse, so we'll just have to wait and see if that is what comes next.

I, however, think this DLC looks pretty epic so far, and given the fact Karel is working on it, the campaign, at the very least, will be great. People have simply heard it's PMCs and automatically labeled it QG 2.0, but I don't see any similarities to it, yet, outside the protagonists being PMCs...

Whatever, I just hope that BIS can release their DLC lite version in futuring patches. I think that's just enough. (Include PR)

Any news on the pricing yet?

amidst all these hype, I still hope the OPFOR get some love and care.

Any news on the pricing yet?

Arma 2: Private Military Company will be deployed exclusively for PC on 24th November 2010. It will be available for GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99

i propably would have bought a CD/DVD with BAF and PMC for ~10 - 15€ in a store or via amazon but if i buy something i want to hold it in my hands and stuff...

"I'm too old for this shit!" :p

Then you can burn it to a DVD after you download it...

Watching too much Lethal Weapon?

All those people moaning about being forced to pay for DLC.... FPDR

You're a bit late to this particular party aren't you? BAF has been out a while.

If this is the same size, scope and quality of BAF then it's a bargain at £8. That said, we were promised free DLC as well as paid so please BIS we've been very very good this year so can we have something nice for Xmas please?

EDIT: Please can we have a poll on this thread similar to the BAF one.

I will be buying, I was happy with BAF

No I won't buy this, I didn't like BAF

I will get this it's my first DLC for Arma2

I don't have BAF and won't be getting this

If people also posted reasons for voting the way they do it might provide some useful market research for BIS.

Personally I will be getting this, BAF was awesome (still is) and anything that expands the Armaverse is definately a must have.

Edited by TechnoTerrorist303

All those people moaning about being forced to pay for DLC.... FPDR

You're a bit late to this particular party aren't you? BAF has been out a while.

If this is the same size, scope and quality of BAF then it's a bargain at £8. That said, we were promised free DLC as well as paid so please BIS we've been very very good this year so can we have something nice for Xmas please?

^^ All of the above seconded.

I'll surely be buying this DLC, but as we have seen with BAF, no one is forced to get it. "PMC Lite" is sure to come for MP compatibility, so complaints along that line are pretty much invalid.

I would also love to see something small for free. An Xmas gift from BIS would be great. :D

8 quid for an awesome looking DLC on my Birthday.

BIS Present is BEST PRESENT :D

in the past the devs waited with a addon release till they got enough content to sell it on a cd over the normal market...

Because in the past we didnt have the internet speed or bandwidth to do this on a regular basis. Hell, I remember developing Tonal for OFP back in 2003 when I was on dialup, and the ~100Mb that had to be moved around regularly was a REAL pain. Now ofcourse, with the wonders of decent internet, even moving around 2, 5 or even 10 Gb is no big problem.

And thats why people do DLC now and they didn't in the past.

I'll definetly buy this DLC and if it's just to support BIS. I'm not entirely sure about the PMC stuff but when it's the same quality as BAF DLC (wich I presume) it's worth the money.

As for future DLCs I'd pay even more if we get new OPFOR stuff and a new big map because I like Airtransport, CAS and Aircombat. Takistan and also Chernarus are a bit small for jets (especially jets like the RKSL Typhoon...).

Because in the past we didnt have the internet speed or bandwidth to do this on a regular basis. Hell, I remember developing Tonal for OFP back in 2003 when I was on dialup, and the ~100Mb that had to be moved around regularly was a REAL pain. Now ofcourse, with the wonders of decent internet, even moving around 2, 5 or even 10 Gb is no big problem.

And thats why people do DLC now and they didn't in the past.

So true. I remember a few years ago it took me ages to download just a few MB. Now I have a 1GB download in ~5-7min on my HDD if I get maximum downloadspeed. I see no problem with DLCs when they are good quality.

No issue from me because £8 is a relatively small cost compared to the time and enjoyment the game provides, the ongoing support BIS provide through patches etc. is second to none, and PMCs are a part of the modern military experience so like them or hate them, inclusion in a game aiming to simulate modern combat is expected.

FPDR

It's a DLC... You download them

You buy a dlc, then you download it FPDR

My reason? Isn't it better if they had a gold pack for 2 dlcs and costing a few dollars more than 1 dlc?

Edited by ray243

You buy a dlc, then you download it FPDR

My reason? Isn't it better if they had a gold pack for 2 dlcs and costing a few dollars more than 1 dlc?

Not for BIS, no. The main advantage to making downloadable content is that it produces maximum profit for the developer. No need to create CDs/DVDs, boxes and booklets.