Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Is the video playback going to be fullscreen or can it be mapped as textures too ?

Not really interested in PMC's, but i would pay for a good campaign,

Same here...

the question is why should there be any dlc?

The answer is that DLC leaves more money to the developer. When going for the normal market you have to factor in what the publisher wants for publishing and the cost of producing DVD's and DVD covers.

That was a lot of swearing in that trailer that didn't really add to the story from what I could tell. Ok, you guys are angry and having a little spat, we get it. :)

Great looking models for the guys. I'm not really seeing the Armored SUV, unless it's the same one with different tires? I was hoping it would be (utterly awesome)

Also, goofy heli-UAV Ball of Doomâ„¢ is goofy.

That was a lot of swearing in that trailer that didn't really add to the story from what I could tell. Ok, you guys are angry and having a little spat, we get it. :)

This is an argument I never understand. I simply find swearing to add to the immersion of the situation, because pretending that soldiers don't swear like there's no tomorrow, doesn't mean they don't. If it's excessive, and I'd consider the swearing in "games" like Rogue Soldier excessive, then it's in bad taste. Here it's just fine, and simply adds to the emotion of the scene (which, for the record, sounds a lot better-voice-acted than ever before).

I always find it odd how people are completely contempt with killing virtual soldiers and civilians, sometimes in very gruesome ways, but as soon as there is swearing people are all up-in-arms. It's most laughable and obvious in games like COD and the no-swearing rules on servers. :rolleyes:

/offtopic

Also, goofy heli-UAV Ball of Doomâ„¢ is goofy.

Reminds me of the days of trying to land this fella...

LercheMarioMarino.jpg&t=1

I don't like gratuitous swearing in games. I feel that it detracts from the realism when overused, and it tends to be employed in a Hollywood macho way. See DICE's recent efforts for a text-book example of ridiculous comedy-swearing. Usually, the more poorly-implemented and over-the-top the in-game swearing, the more stringent the forum's swear-filter.

If in-game swearing was anything like the way people swear irl, it might even add to the game.

Edited by Richey79

The best swearing in any game is CoH, done with such class! :)

New DLC seems interesting, not sure if ill get it though. I think the map should be much bigger than the last DLC map or there is no point to it. I have not even looked at it or used it since the first time I checked it out. Doubt I ever will either.

Main thing I find interesting is the new effect of paper and rubbish being blown around the city streets.

Sure it's great voice acting, that's not in doubt. Of course soldiers swear, but not constantly, and swearing constantly won't make it more "real", just more childish. It has nothing to do with violence or reality or anything. Dialog which is almost exclusively based on swearing is just lame. A fuck here or there for emphasis can be well used, but saying everything is goddamned just dilutes the intended effect of swearing, and makes the person sound like a goddamn moron. :)

They said goddamn so many times in that trailer that I wasn't concentrating on the content of the video or the emotion of the scene, instead I was thinking "Wow, sounds like a 12 year old playing GI Joe" and "last time I heard goddamn this many times in a video was the

".

I didn't even notice that there was swearing in the video, who cares about that anyway? You people really need to lighten up...

I didn't even notice that there was swearing in the video, who cares about that anyway? You people really need to lighten up...

^This.

shotgun ballistics modelling, and in-game video playback.

I like the sound of that. can't wait.

I am very intrigued by those. I look forward to getting some more specifics.

am i the only one who thinks the DLC are to expensive?

Don't buy it then, if you think it's too expensive.

I for one am looking forward to this and all the other DLC that's still to come. DLC's assure that the game stays interested for the company as well as for the players, and I am all for that. It extends the life time of a game, and even more, it extends the lifetime of a game that I absolutely LOVE.

Great news, BIS. Keep 'em coming :)

Yeah the xm8 is already in game. To me this looks like another queens gambit. Sadly, I'll probably end up buying this when it comes out. Because I'm a bis fan boy.

Not bad , but those XM8 with PEQ2 and grips are bad choise :(

I was hoping for some AK custom or Noveske/Magpul/Vltor M4's :-/

Edited by RobertHammer

To me this looks like another queens gambit.

That's what came to my mind immediately. Not too excited about it at first sight. But I'm all for a good campaign and if it's anything like EW or BAF but longer, I'm a happy camper.

After seeing the video, an AA-12 downing a fucking Huey! Its a shotgun BIS, not a AA cannon!

Also, Would be great for people remaking Blackwater warcrimes with more realism! :D

XM8s? BORING!

To be brutally honest I am quite sceptical of BIS storytelling ability. why? Well as of yet they haven't exactly had a good track record. Lets hope the campaign comes with some interesting twists and turns. If the snippet from the video proves to be the ONLY interesting choice/consequence twist in the next pack-- I'll be very disappointed. At least the voice acting (and animations) do seem quite good.

AA-12 (lets hope from FRAG-12 shells) is gimmicky, but at least PMCs a topic of much controversy (and therefore interest). Either way I'm buying it. If only to support the continual development of the franchise.

To finalize. The Matilda youtube video makes it terrifyingly obvious that the shooting/shouldering animations of Arma2 need urgent attention. People. Its 2010.

-k

Okay after reading through the announcement and stuff I can say it looks good, I'll buy it, even though this PMC thing doesn't sound too interesting for me.

Also, from the interview:

...in majority of these missions you’ll be just squad member, not leader....
Bad idea, I hope that's optional, 'cause watching the team fail the mission for me, while I stand there not being able to do anything isn't quite my idea of fun. Edited by Malleus

i am not psyched about the whole security contractor thing

I would buy this if it means BIS can get closer to making arma2OA: resistance mini expansion in which you play from a taki army privates perspective from the beginning of the invasion, to the the turmoil of the insurgency and beyond.

y'all want a CWC like experience, this is the only way to really get that feeling back. play as the under dog

also, figure out a way to upgrade all the old stuff to meet the new standards. like have buckshot, and explosive rounds for the current shotguns

i have doubts about the authenticity of the campaign. the premise sounds good (security for a UN team), but from what they said in the interview about the missions dont bode well for this campaign being very realistic or authentic. (sinper teams, chopper pilot/gunner). wars over. troops going home. if mercs need to be doing stuff like that, some one screwed up big time.

... or they are just a bunch of ye haw cowboy assholes who end up ruining everything NATO was working towards. that would be very interesting too :D

but, if people say that the content is worth it (other than contractors) i may get it

After seeing the video, an AA-12 downing a fucking Huey! Its a shotgun BIS, not a AA cannon!

Also, Would be great for people remaking Blackwater warcrimes with more realism! :D

it can fire many types of devastating ammunition, including frag-12, HE, HEDP, HEAB ...

Can we expect a full language support on this dlc, french german spanish subitles this time ?

it can fire many types of devastating ammunition, including frag-12, HE, HEDP, HEAB ...

But it only works in close range and not too far ranges