Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Main page: http://www.arma2.com/pmc

Announcement: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108830

Interview: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/10/14/bis-on-private-military-company-for-arma-2/

Teaser Trailer :

ME99BuDmY8I

AA-12 teaser:

yKHlBF75Vgs

Highlights:

• New playable faction - Private Military Company
  • Original singleplayer campaign with strong storyline unfolding across more than ten missions
  • Fully implemented 2 player co-op mode
  • New map featuring abandoned wasteland style military weapons test range environment, built upon brand new models and textures
  • Unique new character models
  • Exotic new weapons (AA-12, fully modelled XM8 variants)
  • Detailed new vehicles (Ka-60 'Kasatka', Armed Helicopter UAV, Armoured SUV)
  • Numerous new engine updgrades, including full Shotgun Ballistics Modelling and in-game Video Playback

Edited by Dwarden

I like it. A lot. Especially the engine improvements we've learned about so far from it. Given the fact that ION's website is full of references to Gaia's creations, is he involved in the making of the campaign? Because those scenes seem to have a Gaia-epicness about them. I'd love another campaign of Eagle Wing quality! :D

For further, exacting details you should check out our chat with the authors of the DLC, Karel Moricky, senior designer, and Jay Crow, who is the creative lead, below.

Campaign will be epic, can't wait.

'Nuff said. :D

A little disappointed that it won't include more content. I hope the map is bigger and more interesting than Shapur to make up for this. Abandoned area like Chernobyl sounds interesting.

I like the new engine upgrades too, but we're going to get them anyway.

The teaser is weird too, they are arguing like babies and we don't even know WHY. Also two sound like they have the same voice (Jennik?).

...wow. I was hoping BIS would be bringing more of this DLC malarky out. Didn't expect it so quick. Cheers guys.

And there's this. ION-Inc website. Wonder what the client username/password is...

Well, listen to this too, from the RPS interview:

RPS: So it’s more like Cold War Crisis has influenced the design of this second DLC?

KM: In some ways, yes. Another aspect reminiscent of CWC is fact that in majority of these missions you’ll be just squad member, not leader. When you don’t need to babysit AI subordinates, you have more time to absorb what your in-game character thinks and feels.

JC: Yea, like CWC, it’s a character-centric linear narrative; however, there are splits – decisions to make that will change the upcoming missions. We feel this is important as, firstly, it provides replayability and, more importantly, offers a truer sense of interaction with the story.

KM: Of course, the missions themselves are largely atomic – separated from cut-scenes and fundamental story elements where it’s appropriate – so when you decide to replay them, you needn’t be hamstrung by the conversations and plot.

And this:

JC: Introducing another OPFOR to Takistan really was something that we looked closely at doing, with several interesting concepts drafted. Right now, though, PMC offered us the best way to provide interesting content and expand upon the scope and depth of the ‘Armaversum’, supporting our ongoing development of engine features, stability improvements and optimisations.

It looks like they're planning some OPFOR upgrades. ;)

A lot of groups will be stoked for the in-game replay functionality. I'm looking forward to the properly implemented xm8s (even if they are virtually fictional) and the new map.

Would be quite nice to see the PMCs classed as 'independent', rather than BLUFOR, IMO.

Edited by Richey79

I got to say I'm skeptical. Main reason would be that I have no interest in PMCs in general. It is the classical professional armies and guerillas that intrigues me.

Nevertheless, I do understand that BI might want to change gear from time to time. And perhaps the campaign might be quite the treat afterall.

Edited by colossus

well, is BIS trying to Coppy the sale style of EA?

if pmc will cost 10$ as well like the BAF DLC its the same amount of money as OA standalone was worth... and OA had way more content!

am i the only one who thinks the DLC are to expensive?

I likley would have payed 10 bucks more for OA and getting these DLC for "free" as this way BIS has taken now...

well, is BIS trying to Coppy the sale style of EA?

if pmc will cost 10$ as well like the BAF DLC its the same amount of money as OA standalone was worth... and OA had way more content!

am i the only one who thinks the DLC are to expensive?

I likley would have payed 10 bucks more for OA and getting these DLC for "free" as this way BIS has taken now...

$10 for the BAF DLC was a much greater value than the $15 for both MW2 map packs, yet those set the record for the most-sold DLC ever on both consoles. :rolleyes:

I don't see the PMC DLC being any less than the size and quality of the BAF DLC, and it may even exceed it given the new engine improvements being teased.

Sounds like a great DLC. Cant wait to play trought the campaign and see the new map.

$10 for the BAF DLC was a much greater value than the $15 for both MW2 map packs, yet those set the record for the most-sold DLC ever on both consoles. :rolleyes:

I don't see the PMC DLC being any less than the size and quality of the BAF DLC, and it may even exceed it given the new engine improvements being teased.

Don't bother. Haters gonna hate..

It looks great and I will buy it as soon as I can . And don't start the whole "This DLC costs X amount and I'm offended " discussion PLEASE .

I just hope that BIS can release its lite version like BAF Lite officially so that I can use it in my editing.

If they don't want to break MP compatibility between people with and without the DLC, they probably will.

Unless they managed to find another way to do it.

Why should ANY dlc be free? They're a company! There's people doing this for a living. They're no welfare organisation. For free content we got this great community and BIS' awesome editor.

Look good to me, will buy it!

Doesn't look good to you? Well, don't.

I just hope that BIS can release its lite version like BAF Lite officially so that I can use it in my editing.

there is no reason to not have PMC lite ...

Nice. PMC's are a great addition to the overall scenario. Congrats on further pushing realism. :)

I just hope there wont be plenty of ammo available for that AA-12, it seems pretty overpowered as an INF weapon.

Pricetag is ok when i see what other game companies sell as DLC.

Why should ANY dlc be free? They're a company! There's people doing this for a living. They're no welfare organisation. For free content we got this great community and BIS' awesome editor.

Look good to me, will buy it!

Doesn't look good to you? Well, don't.

the question is why should there be any dlc?

in the past the devs waited with a addon release till they got enough content to sell it on a cd over the normal market...

right now everybody without a credit card is sorted out... (in europe credit cards are not that common like in the states).

in the past just everything was better (except the grafics;) )*sigh*

i have nothiong againt buyable addons - im against the way its done and the price it costs these days. i propably would have bought a CD/DVD with BAF and PMC for ~10 - 15€ in a store or via amazon but if i buy something i want to hold it in my hands and stuff...

"I'm too old for this shit!" :p

right now everybody without a credit card is sorted out...

You need a normal bank account for paypal, thats enough for sprocket. Ok, and you need to be 18.

As always, BIS is on the top :) Can't wait for this one! :)

Engine improvements are really interesting.

Not really interested in PMC's, but i would pay for a good campaign, especially if i dont have to lead that much, and engine improvements are always welcome.

right now everybody without a credit card is sorted out... (in europe credit cards are not that common like in the states).

I live in Europe and credit cards are very common in my country.