Sign in to follow this  
1in1class

AH-1 missing hud instruments

Just now seen that my AH-1 cobra has no cross hair nor any instruments like it did befor. My AH-64 is just fine, im missing all instruments for the hud like cross hair and all the other instruments that are in the chopper for flight view.

Its the AH-1 cobra that the issue is, with no hud on the instruments. Iv got BAF DLC. AH-64 works just fine with its hud instruments just like your pic, but its AH-1 cobra that does not show the hud view for the instruments like your pic does.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Sorry, the tiny little word cobra slipped past my eye^^.

Yep! I can confirm this. No HUD in the AH-1Z Cobra

arma2oa2010-10-1422-28iutn.png

Yha i dont know whats up, guess its an bug. You think that you could post this up on the bug tracking site? Iv tryed but cant log into the site.

Another little quark in this same vein. All aircraft and choppers I have used have misaligned cross hairs the ordinance doesn't go where it's supposed to. Is this a specific or general bug?

I'd go to armaholic and download the "Mando mission" and "Aircraft Hud" addon. They add proper HUD and advanced missile targeting systems. Although for some reason I can't select Hellfire or the other AGM for planes using those addons

Another little quark in this same vein. All aircraft and choppers I have used have misaligned cross hairs the ordinance doesn't go where it's supposed to. Is this a specific or general bug?

I dont know about the misaligned cross hairs, but the AH-1 Cobra has no hud instruments thats an big bug. Be nice to have the option to tune off the big + cross hairs for all aircraft and choppers. There was an mod for ArmA 2 that did that but does not work in ArmA OA.

Hi, the AH-1Z didn't already had HUD on the ArmA1 so wasn't a big surprise that it didn't had it on the ArmA2 and neither on the OA/CO; i don't think that they gonna ever add it.

- AH-1Z Viper guide.

They could give us the AH-64 HUD... but i doubt it, "they're too bussy...". Let's C ya

Any progress on this? I don't even have the crosshairs for lining up FFAR's. Sorry if this is covered somewhere else...tried searching.

Any progress on this? I don't even have the crosshairs for lining up FFAR's. Sorry if this is covered somewhere else...tried searching.
Looks like BI does not care for ArmA II content since OA anymore.

Funny thing is it's fine in A2, just in OA the crosshairs are missing. Some people are arguing about whether or not the Cobra has a full HUD but that's not the issue...the crosshairs are the only thing that's missing from A2 for the Cobra.

Funny thing is it's fine in A2, just in OA the crosshairs are missing. Some people are arguing about whether or not the Cobra has a full HUD but that's not the issue...the crosshairs are the only thing that's missing from A2 for the Cobra.
The cobra used no HUD but it should show the same IHADS as the Apache...exactly the same.

Its just a line in the config but BI does not touch old ArmA Stuff anymore.

How about looking into it yourself for one?

How about looking into it yourself for one?

Don't you think I've tried that? I've tried searching this forum and google for this problem but all I've found are threads where people like you tell everyone else to search or fix it themselves. Honestly, what's the point of a troubleshooting forum if we can't ask questions? Get lost.

Beagle,

You mentioned there's a line in the config that might be relevant. Which config should I look through? And I should be a little clearer, in A2, I have the crosshairs for the AH-1 but in OA, I don't.

Thanks,

Bus

"Nice" attitude mate

Is has been done for other choppers, like AH6 Little Bird HUD

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13132

Beagle has explained you the situation. Either you accept or get your hands dirty yourself.

Dude, Beagle hasn't explained anything. He kindly mentioned something about a config file and i politely asked him to elaborate.

To be clear, I'm not asking for a full blown HUD like in the link you posted, I'm wondering what happened to the simple green crosshairs that were in the AH-1 in Armed Assault 2 (no mods, just vanilla AA2) for the pilot and why aren't they in Operation Arrowhead. Have they pulled that crosshair as a feature update so that the pilot needs a gunner or is it a bug. If it's a bug, is there a way to fix it? if it's a bug, will BIS release a fix for OA? If it's a bug, will BIS not release a fix for it and I'll be stuck with an, although superior, not 1st party mod like the one you linked to.

Your attitude was the one that's not "nice" and I'm simply not taking your crap.

Thanks,

Bus