Sign in to follow this  
Militant1006

ACM safe zone

Sorry for bugging you guys so much lately but this is important to my mission, how do you make a safe zone for an ACM?

For example if I have a base that you walk around in, I don't want insurgents showing up every 5 seconds.

One option is to set the maximum spawn distance beyond the area you don't want them spawning in.

[bIS_ACM1, 400, 700] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc; // This is the radius on where the units will spawn around the unit the module is sync'd to, 400m being the minimal distance and 700m being the maximum. Minimum is 1 I believe.

Or... use a marker, or markers if you have more than one area you do not want ACM spawning. Name/s starts with BIS_ACM_1, then BIS_ACM_2, BIS_ACM_3, etc, depending on how many you need. Around a static base, this is prob the best way.

Also, you can set the area as rectangle, round, square or ellipse, and the distance.

NOTE: If you ever edit a mission that has, say, three 'anti-ACM' markers, and you delete BIS_ACM_2, make sure you change the name of BIS_ACM_3, to BIS_ACM_2.

CyOp, can you please clarify a bit more on that, are you saying I just name markers BIS_ACM1, BIS_ACM2 etc.?

One problem is that my ACM is called BIS_ACM1.

callihn, I know what you are talking about, but the mission requires a close spawn (Its on 200-400) and it won't stop the spawned groups from wandering into the base.

To be honest CyOp I thought I would need a trigger set to repeatedly.

CyOp, can you please clarify a bit more on that, are you saying I just name markers BIS_ACM1, BIS_ACM2 etc.?

One problem is that my ACM is called BIS_ACM1.

callihn, I know what you are talking about, but the mission requires a close spawn (Its on 200-400) and it won't stop the spawned groups from wandering into the base.

To be honest CyOp I thought I would need a trigger set to repeatedly.

Yes, but note name... BIS_ACM_1, etc, not BIS_ACM1.

What I described will prevent ALL units from spawning in the area marked. It will not prevent, say, enemy units from attacking your base, or "wandering" into your base that spawn around it. - For instance, if the ACM is synched to you, and you are in the base, and the enemy spawns 200 meters from you, it is more than likely they will spot you and attack.

If you need a completely 'off-limits' area in and around the base, you can set, yes, a trigger that will kill any enemy entering the triggered area.

Can you clarify, please? You have a base that you want absolutely no AI to be able to go into?

Before 'we' get that clarification from you, you can consider using the 'anti-ACM' markers (heh, 'anti-ACM'), and putting one or more (short range) defenses with ' setDamage false '.

Or, surround it with bags or barriers. The AI (not in your squad) will prob not go through those. How big is the base?

EDIT: Are you using the SOM? I ask because, when using the SOM and 'anti-ACM' markers, the SOM will spawn missions inside the marked areas. - BTW, you can do both the 'anti-ACM' markers and the kill trigger.

Edited by CyOp

Sorry, I will have to clarify then, the mission is a single player mission, the base is the southwest airfield in Chernarus (runway is about 800-1000m long, and base is about 200m wide), and by the way I'm not using SOM. What I need is something that when the player enters the base area, (I thinking trigger) then the ACM will temporarily diasble spawning until the player has left the base. (and I do need Friendly AI in the base)

Could it work like ALICE, where you can disable civilians apwning in certain towns.

I have never needed to, or tried to temporarily disable the ACM (with a trigger, I guess), but I am assuming it can be done.

I have setup a base as you described, and never had any trouble 'maintaining' it using a small amount of defensive units, and the 'anti-ACM' markers.

Say, as you mentioned, an ACM spawn of 200 to 400. Simply set an 'anti-ACM' with a radius of, I don't know, 1000 meters (or more). Then when in the base, the chance of enemy encounters would be small. The defenses can take care of enemy that wind up near your base. HINT: At least 1 AA will help a lot.

EDIT: I am guessing the base is a 'depot', sort of, to rearm, repair, etc?

Edited by CyOp

The base is just guys standing around with vehicles, amoo and a UAV terminal, and also I have changed the spawn list so only NAPA infantry spawns.

What i'm looking for is fairly specific, you start in the base, gather men, ammo and may use the UAV, then go on patrol, and when you get back the mission is done.