Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

RFA Sir Tristian

Ok bit of an update, although its all words at this point.

The ship it self has not changed yet but will

Loading system for vehicles has been re-written by UNN and is now even more flexible than the first attempts, although has yet to have MP testing.

The forward cranes are about 75% through a model rebuild and now allow the user to get in the crane cab and operate the jib, and line through a rather easy control method.

Rear crane has yet to be rebuilt, but will not need much more since it can use the same scripts as the other cranes.

Once the cranes are rebuilt to satisfactory condition I will head back to the main model and get the rebuild on the way.

For those wondering why I am speaking of the cranes as seperate entitiies, they actually are. This has meant that some crane testing has been done by attaching them to trucks (which has led to other developments).

I cannot say when I will release, quite simply because there is a large number of external factors that I do not have full control off, and also the fact that I do work for a living elsewhere.

Edited by CBFASI

What about players? Are there some places where player can sit down, so when ship moves he wont slide off? :p

I so wish ArmA2 handled physics differently...

I am sure that before release I will have found a suitable solution

The only solution would be to attachto them, or give them cargo seats. If you manage to find another solution, you would be the hero of all those "i-want-to-shoot-out-of-vehicles" guys.

The only solution would be to attachto them, or give them cargo seats. If you manage to find another solution, you would be the hero of all those "i-want-to-shoot-out-of-vehicles" guys.

I am one of "those" guys :(

There shouldn't be any reason why you can't move round a vehicle to get from A to B to perform a useful function.

But as appealing as it is to be the transient hero of ADS sufferers. Five minutes after you realize you can't hit anything, you will be crowing after a another AC130 or something as equally impractical as this

Well a Type 42/1 would need me to build the underwater portion of the hull, the rest is done, but its nowhere near the level of detail that the new LSL is at.

Great stuff! Great work! :)

However I think a smaller variant would be much easier to deploy in mission like assaulting a beach under heavy fire.

Have a look at this VBS2 video:

!

Looks like a LCU 2000, US Army watercraft.

I think if I had a choice, an open deck like the LCU-2000 or a covered up deck of the LSL, I would go for the covered up deck...

Both are designed to beach, athought niether are designed to be beached under fire, although that does not stop it happening as was found in the Falklands where the UK lost one and had another heavily damaged.

Other smaller craft are likely to be worked on in future.

I do have plans of the LCU-1600 but not the LCU-2000

CBFASI any chance I can get the ok to port some of the aircraft from the FLK mod? There are some cool aircraft that would fit very well in Arma2. If not it's cool. Thanks in advance.

Please ask directly via a pm, this topic is not the place.

Sorry about that. Was just reading your sig.

On topic: Will all the crane stuff be modular so it can be used in other addons?

The cranes are indeed modular, in fact its one of the core principals of my method of construction. Same will be for the various weapons systems.

(In fact some of the crane testing has been done off the back of Urals)

This method is rather simliar to that used in the OFP Falklands Warships that I built a few years ago. This will allow for variations without having to build completely new models.

Just out of interest.. Is this project still alive? Been excited to see it ever since i heard about it... which was quite a while ago now

Just out of interest.. Is this project still alive? Been excited to see it ever since i heard about it... which was quite a while ago now

CBFASI is currently offline. I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago. He's moving house and rather busy in real life so its best to give him some time.

CBFASI is currently offline. I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago. He's moving house and rather busy in real life so its best to give him some time.

Appreciate the reply, thanks man. Hope we get this eventually it'll make a great addon.

Appreciate the reply, thanks man. Hope we get this eventually it'll make a great addon.

Going off that CBFASI was one of the main contributors to the OFP Falklands Mod, we can expect a great addon

Its very active, and work is progressing, I rebuilt most of the model in the end to allow for interior movement, its in very very basic texture form at the moment, and the cranes need rebuilding, particulary the control rooms.

It IS useable in its current form but it is not at a state I would consider even for beta release.

I will try and get some pictures up.

It's good to hear your still active CBFASI! I remember coming to the Falklands mod page and drooling at the screenshots week in, week out...

There are currently 6 WIP vessels so far, with at least another 27 planned to be built from new or converted/updated from the old OFP ships.

There is already a core system built which gives some similar functionallity, this is primarily to do with the deck loading system, cranes and vessel builds.

Each ships is of course sections, which although does not seem like a good idea, actually gives a degree of flexibility that is not possible with the single item ships.

If the vessels are placed as whole units then they are floating AND moveable ships with all the kit, BUT the users can also place these as the subsections which will lie according to the contours, this can be used to show sunk vessels, which do not always have to be fully submersed, so thus can actually be used as bases..

The ships under WIP.

LSL Sir Tristram

HMS Plymouth

16m Armed Patrol boat

LCT Mk 5

'Cleave Express' (based on http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1011498 )

MV Atlantic Causeway/Conveyor

That's great news! Ships are something that are missing at the moment. Sahrani allowed for a good degree of flexibility and ships were fairly popular in ARMA1. Hopefully, this will reignite the interest!