Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

RFA Sir Tristian

wow looking great and good to see you around again! this is very intersting and i see a million ways this can be used! and i personal am happy to hear about these! just out of curiousity will your dry dock be ported to arma2? along with a few other things you had sent me awhile back in arma1(i believe sum sorta british cruzer\ship?) i hope so as i enjoyed them back then very much and you are quite talanted and i hope to see this along with many other addons come from you!

Dave,

The Dry Dock cannot be ported over, I will need to do a completed rebuild if its to be publicly release (came from SH3), same reason I cannot port the Ise BB/CV conversion.

yeah like Darkhorse said this is amazing that once again the arma limitations have been beaten...so mad props to you bud! btw this is a "British Army Ship" right? the one that was decomissioned in 05'?

Its a British Naval ship ran by the RFA (Royal Fleet Auxillary). 6 Built in 1960's. Served in a few conflicts, most noteably the Falklands war of 1982 (yes there was an EARLIER Battle of the Falklands in WW1 !).

One of the class was sunk in 1982 (RFA Sir Galahad), the others served on. Some have been modifed, some have been sold, one even went into civilian use and then got brought by the Singapore Navy...

This is the 1982 version as built for the old FLK mod.

yeah like Darkhorse said this is amazing that

Also just figured i'd ask but any possible chance to get an american version of an LST..im sure with a simple edit it can be made as most LST's look very simular? but then again i was never in the navy and i never saw any LST's up close before other then in one joint training op, and in movies lol which is the reason im interested in this specific ship..IIRC i saw this ship(or was suppost to be this ship) on some good move about the falklands War, and it got blown up or sumthiung? maby someone can enlighten me better lol!

When you say LST, do you mean the Newport class ?

OR the older REAL Large Slow Targets ??

(I have plans for the second and pictures of first)

ALSO I am making vessels for the RKSL Project Island!

Ok this topic is become a bit about plans and here is a few of the intentions, now if it wasnt for the OFP textures I could release them much quicker.

I personally don't care as I am more for the use and not looking close up for details that just are not worth the effort on.

• MV Baltic Ferry (Vehicle ferry of about 200m length!)
  • MV Nordic Ferry (Vehicle ferry of about 200m length!)
  • MV Elk (Vehicle ferry of about 200m length!)
  • MV Atlantic Converyor (Likely a Civvy Load and the 1982 Carrier!) (HUGE at over 250m)
  • LCT Mk 5 (have built many in 1/72 form)
  • Type 42 / 1 (No longer in service with RN anymore)
  • Others.... cant list as they still unconfirmed, I like things on water it seems!

Oh yes someone asked about interiors...

You can walk ALL the way upto the bridge and walk around on that deck and its interior at that level, its basic but you can shoot the crap out of hijackers etc..

In time I actually need to rebuild most of this ship due to a new referance (Navy News cutaway) that shows the ship in much more detail, and hence can allow for even more interior build (and some corrections).

If anyone has patiance....

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/plans/index.htm

Plans INCLUDING INTERNALS for a number of US and Canadian Vessels, including a Forrestal supercarrier

The Dry Dock cannot be ported over, I will need to do a completed rebuild if its to be publicly release (came from SH3), same reason I cannot port the Ise BB/CV conversion.

Its a British Naval ship ran by the RFA (Royal Fleet Auxillary). 6 Built in 1960's. Served in a few conflicts, most noteably the Falklands war of 1982 (yes there was an EARLIER Battle of the Falklands in WW1 !).

One of the class was sunk in 1982 (RFA Sir Galahad), the others served on. Some have been modifed, some have been sold, one even went into civilian use and then got brought by the Singapore Navy...

This is the 1982 version as built for the old FLK mod.

When you say LST, do you mean the Newport class ?

OR the older REAL Large Slow Targets ??

(I have plans for the second and pictures of first)

ALSO I am making vessels for the RKSL Project Island!

Ok this topic is become a bit about plans and here is a few of the intentions, now if it wasnt for the OFP textures I could release them much quicker.

I personally don't care as I am more for the use and not looking close up for details that just are not worth the effort on.

• MV Baltic Ferry (Vehicle ferry of about 200m length!)
  • MV Nordic Ferry (Vehicle ferry of about 200m length!)
  • MV Elk (Vehicle ferry of about 200m length!)
  • MV Atlantic Converyor (Likely a Civvy Load and the 1982 Carrier!) (HUGE at over 250m)
  • LCT Mk 5 (have built many in 1/72 form)
  • Type 42 / 1 (No longer in service with RN anymore)
  • Others.... cant list as they still unconfirmed, I like things on water it seems!

Oh yes someone asked about interiors...

You can walk ALL the way upto the bridge and walk around on that deck and its interior at that level, its basic but you can shoot the crap out of hijackers etc..

In time I actually need to rebuild most of this ship due to a new referance (Navy News cutaway) that shows the ship in much more detail, and hence can allow for even more interior build (and some corrections).

If anyone has patiance....

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/plans/index.htm

Plans INCLUDING INTERNALS for a number of US and Canadian Vessels, including a Forrestal supercarrier

hey buddy thanks for the reply, and no worrys on the Dry Dock and ext. but if you need help let me know ill help anyway i can!

and about the U.S. Navy LST or whatever i really dont know what is what..i was USAF so we stayed away from the sea(well not really but ya know what i mean haha)! but i'd be thrilled to death for any modern\currently in use U.S. Navy vessel!

Btw so glad to here about your future plans...this will be a well watched and followed topic! and yes i feel what you are saying about the textures, i like you, dont care either what it looks like cause like you said im interested in the actual use of the ships and what they can bring to the game, plus its not like it would be hard to re-texture them afterwards if need be.

and thanks for the info on the ship and the falklands war..much appreciated! its a very interesting little known subject that even the u.s. military learned from as goes the same for every war fought!

Anyways as you still may know from talking to me on msn awhile ago im very "unskilled" at modeling and addon making, however as i tell everyone if your willing to work on this for this comunity then im too willing to help out anyone in anyway i can! again i have limited...very limited skills but i can do basic textures(very basic) and can atleast do the bitch work for anyone needing someone to do stuff like all the re-writing the texture paths and so on! so on that note holla if ya need me!

Dave,

Always good to see your work when it crops up mate. The more functional logistics platforms there are in this game, the better if you ask me.

RFA Sir Tristram's the one docked behind Chesil Beach/Portland right? Last time I was down there FPGRM or somebody were swarming over a LSL of some description.

I do indeed remember this from OFP days! Shows how old (or sad) I must be getting.

Fully support a release of this addon. As has been said, the texture quality is of secondary importance to the actual functionality and mission opportunities it would bring. Besides, they don't exactly look bad from what I can see in the screenies.

A nailbiting mission where a small advance force desperately protects a beachhead whilst this beast slowly delivers the heavy armour (i.e. the cavalry) would be ace!

Looks fantastic. Would love to see it and more RFA and RN ships ingame :)

Wow, looks very promising. Did anybody else see the Military Channel (or was it History Channel) about the new class of amphibious assault ships called LPD's (amphibious transport dock, also called a landing platform dock)? I think it was on like 2 days ago. Seeing a LCAC coming out was pretty interesting. Getting back aboard the LPD was very tight. Quite impressive.

Wow, looks very promising. Did anybody else see the Military Channel (or was it History Channel) about the new class of amphibious assault ships called LPD's (amphibious transport dock, also called a landing platform dock)? I think it was on like 2 days ago. Seeing a LCAC coming out was pretty interesting. Getting back aboard the LPD was very tight. Quite impressive.

You mean the US Navy's new San Antonio class? They are pretty cool, even parts are built from World Trade Center Steel.

But back on topic, this mod is pretty damn epic if you ask me.

News update.

After studying the isometric views of the Sir Galahad in the Navy News 'inside' poster I will be rebuilding a large amount of the ship.

This will provide a more acurate layout and also better access from the Tank Deck upwards.

This will also mean a total re-texture and means alpha release could end up as what I call a grey, which mean basic planar mapping.

Externally there will be little differance (other than textures) but it should mean a more usable ship internally.

Btw... just read, load can be as many as 16 MBT's

16 MBT's ? :yay: Finally some proper Carrier! The Kusnetzov CV was a good start but this thing will be KILLER!

Please, please D: Pweaty please! DX Please can we have it :o I'll gief ya a cookie! XO

' date=' drive them to the top deck and fire away![/quote']

Its actually that simple..

Even better tho is that once attached all the turrets still work so in effect, a mobile battleship!

I've been keeping an eye on this addon - excellent work. I just add that these cool units will come handy on one of the new islands I recently saw in the "woodworks" ;)

The re-texturing requires me to learn new skills.. so it would be slow at first. (Hence I am using old models of mine from OPF days, they look 'passable' as long as not too close, althought to be honest at the right range it looks good anyway.

LOL ... sounds very familar to me ;)

Great job mate, good to see another ship in the ArmAII fleet.

AMAZING! can't wait for release! definately going to implement this in my missions once released!

great stuff

Fantastic! Just what i've been looking for cant wait to be able to download this. Great work.

when we'll can download it???

When it is done I assume? I also cannot wait for the release, but I find it a bit rude to ask for release-dates. Let CBFASI see to it, and give the man all the time he needs. It's a wonderfull addon already, now why would anyone speed up release, only to make it 'feel' (scriptwise, texturewise, interiorwise, etc.) worse, then what it ultimately could have been without rushing it?

Edited by Thani '82
misspelled CBFASI's name.

Nightmare is simple description

I had obtained somehow a nasty nasty worm (Ramnit), and as a consequence I have had to re-format my Had disk and carry out re-installation of critical software. I have NOT lost my ArmA2 stuff, but I have yet to install all my tools I use all over again.

This weekend I will be trying to resolve this.

Enhanced study of the iso-metric cutaway means I will be carrying out significant re-modelling of the ship, all for the better..

Once things get back to 'normal' I will try to pass on a good update

I will not be giving up on it, its just goign to take longer than I hoped, but that does not mean that other smaller projects will not see the light of day