Sign in to follow this  
abs

Russian Military Blows Up Its Own Weaponry

Probably be able to buy the real thing pretty cheap about now.

I've got room in my garden for a Challenger 2.

It's a very good idea and nothing to laugh at... they are the ones laughing in the end if you think it's a joke :)

Well, its what they did in WW2. For D-Day. And it worked brillaintly.

Another thing you may find amusing is how the Finnish military played some music to prevent some Red Army radio mines going off. So they were playing the music non-stop and the mines wouldn't function.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Säkkijärven_polkka

Military use

During the Continuation War, the Finnish Army discovered that the retreating Soviets had scattered radio-controlled mines throughout the city of Viipuri. These mines were set off when a three-note chord was played on the frequency the radio was tuned to, causing three tuning forks (of which each mine had an unique combination) to vibrate at once. Once the Army and Yleisradio experts discovered how the mines worked, a Yleisradio mobile transmitter was brought to Viipuri, and Vesterinen's polka was played on the same frequencies the mines used. This operation continued for over three months, until the batteries of the mines were drained.

The particular music, "Säkkijärven polkka", is extremely well-known and liked.

I would imagine this isn't possible any more with more modern bombs. Although I would be glad to hear of other similar examples, old or new.

Edited by Baddo

lol, Imaging US Marines in hummvee's with the music full blast out the windows to stop IED's ...... xD