Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah City

lol i was talking about just changing the overall ground texture of the map to different more desertish ground texture now that the buildings are in place and the satellite image isnt needed that much. just trying to help out with what i experienced in vigilant resolve and phantom fury :)

Great map with superb performance.

Exactly, HUGE city with great performance.... don't ever replace current buildings with OA buildings, it works great as is :cool:

Exactly, HUGE city with great performance.... don't ever replace current buildings with OA buildings, it works great as is :cool:

Any missions done for it yet :p

after 1.56 i have error in fallujah

Cannot open object ca\plants2\bush\b_betulahumilis.p3d

Any missions done for it yet :p

LOL sorry but real life is taking it's time :D

Eventually i will make some missions for this city as it's very nice to play in :cool:

I am trying to do a PMC mission for this, would be playable in COOP and uses some of the RH weapons.

If all works correctly, Fallujah 1.0 will be released late this week. Airport has been moved from original position, so take it into account for your missions :)

Best

Wooo, can't wait. Our 3PARA-GU clan is already enjoying the previous version very much. We gratefully use your material (and others) to build our own public & personal missions (ALL WITHOUT ACE). Fe we got BlackHawk Down, Domination, Takistan Force. It will be nice to rework those for your 1.0 version asap. Thanks you for your efforts, we are not worthy :)

Your fallujah map is incredible.

Heres a video of some footage shot on our server a while ago, enjoy:

HnpykZcmc9o

If all works correctly, Fallujah 1.0 will be released late this week. Airport has been moved from original position, so take it into account for your missions :)

Best

Besides the airport, just out of curiosity for our mission makers @ UO. Was there any elevation changes throughout the map? (#1 breaking thing when updating maps usually)

Besides the airport, just out of curiosity for our mission makers @ UO. Was there any elevation changes throughout the map? (#1 breaking thing when updating maps usually)

Yes, something has been flattened to match real area and allow railway passage.

Also some small variations (1 meter max) has been made on some city areas to provide more variation in open spaces in the middle of the city.

If your mapmakers needs more infos or a map RC version feel free to write me a PM.

You really need to add ambient civilian functionality, until then the entire city fails to deliver a true urban environment and RPG missions are rendered useless.

I care more about the detail and enterable buildings (OA ones f.e.)

When a city is too clean and sterile and doesn't feel like... well, the city - it's bad.

I care more about the detail and enterable buildings (OA ones f.e.)

When a city is too clean and sterile and doesn't feel like... well, the city - it's bad.

I'm afraid using OA buildings will have as a consequence a drop in FPS the map will start getting heavy. i wish that someone proves me wrong here.

kind regards

I'm afraid using OA buildings will have as a consequence a drop in FPS the map will start getting heavy. i wish that someone proves me wrong here.

kind regards

I agree completely, though it depends on the number of buildings I guess. That is why Zargabad is a FPS killer...

It is very smooth like it is now. Even smoother than Porto !

Great job again :yay:

Yeah but what's the point in having a bunch of, literally, boxes for a city? So you can run it at 3+ km viewdistance which you don't even see?

Zargabad also works fine at my GTX260

Maybe we could have two different versions of Fallujah. One with ARMA 2 houses and one with OA buildings. Everyone will be happy :)

Maybe we could have two different versions of Fallujah. One with ARMA 2 houses and one with OA buildings. Everyone will be happy :)

I already have made an experiment about this. Replacing 20% of houses still keep a decent framerate, but the overall quality drops in the house mix.

Anyway if i will manage to have a working version i will release "as is", but i will not accept any form of compliant about performances :)

You can never do it right to anybody, just out of my experience. There will always be people moaning about things.

in any case the current version is already first of it's kind. No other urban map that huge was ever released in ArmA II before.

Good job Shezan.

kind regards

I don't understand how I can run this map so beautifully when postage stamp-sized Zargabad brings my computer to its knees.

And really, there are almost enough enterable buildings. Something tells me our troops in Fallujah spent more time blowing up occupied structures than making house calls. Any building not locked up tight would have had to be cleared and checked for booby traps.

I don't understand how I can run this map so beautifully when postage stamp-sized Zargabad brings my computer to its knees.

And really, there are almost enough enterable buildings. Something tells me our troops in Fallujah spent more time blowing up occupied structures than making house calls. Any building not locked up tight would have had to be cleared and checked for booby traps.

Why don't you check out the books

No True Glory by Bing West

We Were One by Patrick O'Donnell

You can find out all the info you want instead of using a hunch.

Also Zargabad lags because of using all the OA buildings while Fallujah uses mainly Arma1 buildings

Please don't start adding OA buildings, it's running nice and smoothly as it is. Also it would look weird mixing up the building styles.