Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah City

I'm uploading Fallujah 0.9 beta right now on my server, then i will ask Armaholic for publishing.

Fallujah is an ArmA2 base island that requires ArmA2 vanilla verion or ArmA2 Combined Operations.

Support on forum, bugs here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/fallujah

Main features:

- 10x10 Km terrain, 4x4 km city terrain

- Based on satellite pictures from real Fallujah area

- Big city (more than 3.000 buildings and growing)

- Houses and palms from ArmA1 to keep high performances and framerate.

- 2 Bridges and 2 dams

- Real based road grid

- Object placement AI-Friendly

- Urban, desert and oasis area

- 330.000 objects placed

- One military airport to the south, one FOB on the northern area (by -[TdC]-Ultimo.it) and another helicopter base in the northern city area.

World Tools has been highly used in building the city to create environment randomness and bio-diversity.

Next improvements:

Mosques and other landmarks

Railway

Improvements in industrial area and city surroundings

Release will be split into 2 files, one for resources and one for the island (to make upgrade easy)

f01.jpg

f02.jpg

f03.jpg

f04.jpg

can't wait for it. You should really use OPX buildings though, the A1 buildings have a somewhat middle eastern look but it's really not enough imho

can't wait for it. You should really use OPX buildings though' date=' the A1 buildings have a somewhat middle eastern look but it's really not enough imho[/quote']

We're moving in this way too, for some objects from opx buildings. If we achieve permissions about extracting some objects from opx we could plan to include something on further releases.

i've plan to have some further releases on the island part, so this can happens :)

Hell yeah! Been wanting a new urban dense map for a while, this one looks more detailed and better than Baghdad so thank you very much!

Yeah like fox said, OPX Buildings would give a MUCH better Iraq feeling. ArmA 1 buildings kinda have a Mediterranean look to them. Not really fitting. :(

Yeah like fox said, OPX Buildings would give a MUCH better Iraq feeling. ArmA 1 buildings kinda have a Mediterranean look to them. Not really fitting. :(

Enad always has to put his 2 cents in..

Enad always has to put his 2 cents in..

Just shut up.

No one asked you to chime in.

Just shut up.

No one asked you to chime in.

No one asked you to chime in either, but as always you followed your buddy Fox into a thread to copy him. Is that all you do all day? Do you keep a tab open with Fox's profile , checking to see what he's doing?

No one asked you to chime in either, but as always you followed your buddy Fox into a thread to copy him. Is that all you do all day? Do you keep a tab open with Fox's profile , checking to see what he's doing?

I was posting my thoughts on the map, you just have to comment about my post, which is none of your business. Just stop, no one thinks you're cool.

Edited by Enad

please leave us alone , acoustic. Stop posting in my threads, and really just don't reply to us , we dont like you and we really dont care what you have to say, tbh.

please leave us alone ' date=' acoustic. Stop posting in my threads, and really just don't reply to us , we dont like you and we really dont care what you have to say, tbh.[/quote']

:(.....

Very good map indeed, hope you add on to more of it later!

Here's your first bug I found.

Floor spazzes out when you're inside this building.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/Raserisk/arma2oa2010-10-1018-08-12-24.jpg

The Location

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/Raserisk/arma2oa2010-10-1018-08-29-49.jpg

Closer up

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/Raserisk/arma2oa2010-10-1018-08-31-08.jpg

Edited by Raserisk

Excellent work so far shezan, very solid and the performance is good too so I'll be looking forward to future improvements. :)

played it. It's great , but needs more details, and really needs opx buildings badly. I dont understand the permission thing.. dont include OPX objects in your addon , there are plenty of maps with it , and nobody is going to download an extra 100+ meg of files they already have.