Sign in to follow this  
Ziggy

Being kicked and timeouts (Battleye?)

I guess it isn't my month for ArmA...

For some reason, the following stuff happens when I'm playing on a server (haven't tested on others, I only play on one):

• After the mission changes I get "Ziggy is losing connection" then a few seconds I get kicked and have the battleye message "Client not responding"
  • Timing out (the red text "no message from server" thing) randomly. The server doesn't go down when this happens so it's on 'my side'.
  • Randomly being kicked and getting a battleye message "Client not responding"

I've tried downloading the battleye dll's from the site and putting them in a folder I had to create (OA/Battleye/battleye.dll or whatever the dll is called) and running the installer that came with the steam version in the battleye installer folder... which doesn't run at all (compatability with windows7 64bit I'm assuming. No 64bit dll on the battleye site) even in compatability mode for XP. Battleye DID install when I first started OA though, though I uninstalled it a while ago and tried using only the .dll from the site, only making the problem seemingly worse.

This all happens in combined ops with the steam version of OA and retail of ArmA2; retail running 1.07. I put the battleye .dll only into the OA directory.

I am also running the Zeus AI mod and TGW vehicle fix, which the server yells at me for because they are not signed on the server.

EDIT: The server I'm playing on to does not require battleye, so I'm not sure if it's still a battleye issue or not.

Edited by Ziggy

EDIT: The server I'm playing on to does not require battleye, so I'm not sure if it's still a battleye issue or not.

I've wondered this also. Either a connection issue or the game itself (maybe pc related), yet we see "Client not Responding".

It has the name Battleye, so let's blame it.

It would be nice if we got messages like...

Your pc is caught in a loop, you are now being disconnected from the server.

Your internet connection is failing to traffic overload, you will now be disconnected from the server.

You pressed the wrong combination of keys, you will now be disconnected from the server.

oh well, the combinations are endless.

Nope, not an admin. I only bought it yesterday :p

Before all this started happening I was playing fine for about 4 hours straight, then my side won the map and bam all this starts happening