Gimme gimme gimme :) got to try the new COWarmod quick :)

Missing the goodies of the Warmod for CO

And then i can change my Signature :) C'mon Gunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Gone check the New COWarmod V1.0 :) Good hunting....

Hey there,

Amazing work for what concerns the units' behavior, the sounds and those fixed details that this compilation goes through.

I got an anoying problem though: everytime I destroy a vehicle, building or aircraft, there is no smoke, nor fire. Something seems to be wrong with JTD's mod because I tried to install it seperately (after having deleted the JTD files in the A2Warmod folder) and it still was not working. I also placed the Key and the config files correctly.

Would you know how to fiw that ?

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Thinking about it . . . it may have to do with vehicles not being able to be damaged because the texture does not change when I shoot them (does no turn black) and smokeshells work fine . . .

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

And JTD (now installed in a seperate folder) was not loaded, letting the game load it's BIS smoke effects

Gunter, I know some of the PROPER pbo's are self-explanatory but there are some PROPER pbo's that are leaving me clueless in what they do exactly.

@Fifounou

I will have to get back to you on this but just make sure everything is installed correctly.

Give me a list on which ones and Ill do my best to explain as to what they do, and some proper files are confusing.

Give me a list on which ones and Ill do my best to explain as to what they do, and some proper files are confusing.

These are the ones:

-DisablePeripheralVisionCueTexture_Visuals_C_PROPER

-EasyFly_Planes_by_Celery_Gameplay_C_PROPER

-EnableTurnOutForM1A2Driver_Gameplay_C_PROPER

-JavelinTweak_by_McHide_Gameplay_C_PROPER

-LongMissionSelectionListInEditorLoadMission_Visuals_C_PROPER

-TweakedBMP3AndT90Rocket_Gameplay_C_PROPER

When it says "tweak", tweak what exactly?

-DisablePeripheralVisionCueTexture_Visuals_C_PROPER

Removes the spheres at the edge of the screen. These are the colored dots that indicate an enemy being a red dot,

or phere is there, a green dot or sphere represents allied or blufor, white dot (i forget if there is a white dot) represents civillian.

-EasyFly_Planes_by_Celery_Gameplay_C_PROPER

It makes plane controls more responsive and generally easier to handle!

It's not meant to be realistic, instead it aims to make flying easier and more fun.

In all its simplicity all it does is to remove some of the inertia by smoothly transferring the plane's movement

vector closer to where the nose is pointing.

Effects

Rudder has much more authority

Precision movement such as aiming is easier

The plane is generally more maneuverable

The plane is less prone to stalling

Stalls are easier to recover

UAVs are much easier to fly manually

This script makes especially the A-10 nicer to fly as their infamous stalling problems are dampened and generally less inertia

makes everything more simple. New aerobatic tricks are made possible because the rudder is more powerful than before.

-EnableTurnOutForM1A2Driver_Gameplay_C_PROPER

Allows the Ma12 Driver to pop out of his hatch as it says

-JavelinTweak_by_McHide_Gameplay_C_PROPER

makes the Javelin fly more smoothly with realistic values.

-LongMissionSelectionListInEditorLoadMission_Visual s_C_PROPER

Moves the mission selection dialog in the editor to the top center and displays a lot more mission entries at the same time.

Basically allows more missions in the editor to be listed, see for yourself, when you want to load a certain mission the list

will showup at the top center of the editor window, and a longer list will showup, versus a shortlist where you need to scroll.

-TweakedBMP3AndT90Rocket_Gameplay_C_PROPER

Makes the BMP3 and T90 rocket manually guided, less fast and therefore visible and steerable.

When it says "tweak", tweak what exactly?

Its a small change in the config of the addon, basically it changes the function on how the addon be whatever it

does to something more or less of what it normally does, hence a tweak, its an adjustment, and sometimes a fix, that allows or stops something.

99% of the Proper tweaks are the same of the pvpscene tweaks seen here:

http://pvpscene.net/wiki/doku.php?id=english:list_of_pvp_addons_and_mods:pvpscene_tweaks

but you cannot use the PVPscene tweaks in Arma2 as they are meant for OA or Arma2CO.

The proper tweaks are made for Arma2 and are in A2WarMod because A2WarMod is for Arma2, if you wanted to use

the pvpscene tweak then I suggest you make sure you have Arma2Co and get my COWarMod instead as those tweaks (pvpScene tweaks) are in COWarMod.

Any other questions let me know.

Thanks Gunter. I will certainly write myself a note of all this so i don't forget. I have been away from the BI forums for awhile but I remember that one of my first "big" mods I installed back then was your A2WarMod(v1.2)

Your welcome.

Be sure to update your version of A2WarMod as the latest version is 1.4.

Btw Gunter, the A2WarMod loading screen is bigger than my screen size. Is there a way to lower the rez?

No, Loading screen is crap, it does the same on my end i had alot of problems trying to get the thing to

work and it wont work as intended, if you wish remove it.

Look for WarMod_loadingin the addons folder as that is the loading screen.

The loading screen Works best in Arma2CO.

Also the Navy Seals in the water picture I no longer use as my logo, or rather is

not a represenative of WarMod, anymore.

In the near future here I will replace the loading screen with my new updated one,

and Im yet to find out if it works or not.

Right now im concentrating on getting the graphic aspects of COWarMod updated and the a patch and full version,

and then i will be coming back to do the same for A2WarMod.

My suggestion is dump Arma2, and A2WarMod get yourself Arma2CO or OA if you have arma2 alone and get my CoWarMod

which has all the latest stuff from A2WarMod that works in CO, as well as OA.

CoWarMod is simply the better version In the WarMod series in my opinion.

OK. By the sound of your voice I get the feeling I'm the only one left playing Arma 2 standalone, lol. Anyways, thanks for your swift reply.

Nah its just preference, A2WarMod is fine, just dont have features like COWarMod, and CoWarMod I found to be easier to

work with in terms of building it, although it took me longer but thats only because theres more stuff in it about 97 addon and mods difference!

But hey what matters is if you like it then by all means its cool, just the loading screen was a pain to get to work. I suggest

that if and when you get the chance get OA, your missing alot.

I suggest

that if and when you get the chance get OA, your missing alot.

Yes, a friend of mine told me that OA is much better than Arma 2 standalone. I thought he was just saying that because he's really into "desert-like" landscapes in any game. Is it true that in the so call Combined Operation vanilla Utes & Chernarus gets the new improved engine from OA? If that is true I will certainly go this week and buy myself OA!

Yes its true.

So get Combined Operations.

In fact, if you're happy with digital distribution I recommend you get it from Sprocket as their DRM is less overbearing than Steam, you'll receive patches quicker than Steam and more money goes to the developers (cuts out the middle-man that is Steam).

Indeed, if you don't already own the previous releases from Bohemia Interactive, I recommend grabbing the newly-released Arma X 10th Anniversary Edition.

It's a little bit more expensive than Combined Ops but you'll get both DLCs (BAF & PMC) as well as Arma with its DLC and Operation Flashpoint.

Edited by domokun

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know that vanilla Utes and Chernarus receives the OA engine upgrade. No wonder I mostly see CO/AO videos in YouTube.

Once you get OA that is if you are, then install OA into the arma2 directory, and then run the game

of of the Arma2OA.exe, and then you will have Arma2CO or Arma Combined Ops, then you can delete A2WarMod and download COWarMod.

Definatley go for Sprocket and help BIS out.

Thanks. I will write myself a note on what you said. I heard people having problems combining both. There's like a thread in this matter with over 70 replies.O.o

Edited by Lorca

Hi Gunter. Good job with the A2/OA version of WarMod!

I see you have done lot of research on the addons. Have you ever ran into an addon that could disable the game HUD (unit markers, waypoints) on client-side? I noticed WarMod includes some Proper Addons by Kju, which are capable of disabling some small elements of the HUD, like the glowing target spheres.

Edited by Osku

OSKU your a member of my site, have you searched through the various pages of information i have listed on my site,

that may possibly answer your question?

Consider your difficulty settings too, adjust those accordingly.

Very late post on this thread.

Recently just got my internet back for less then a week, while I was off the internet, I been working on all my mods,

even WarMod for Arma1 for that matter, but i am making an announcement here today for all those who play with A2WarMod.

I will have a:

A2WarMod Full update version 1.5

A2WarMod Patch update version 1.5

this will be soon, hopefully before i disappear again.

Hi, Günter, thanks for perfect mod!

I have installed A2WarMod, because it contains SLX too, but I haven't found some features from this mod:

1. moving of ammo creates, (yes it was a bit laggy, but it was interesting thing!

2. knifes

3. tire repairing

Also here is the list of bugs:

1. a lot of soldiers after dead doesn't lay down on the ground, they sometimes still standing, but i can walk through them

2. If you attach bomb to the vehicle and then get into this one, it becomes fully damaged, but there is no explosion...

Also there were a lot of wounded soldiers in clean SLX, I didn't see any of them in your mod.

Another issue: with 1024x768 resolution mod's logo doesn't fit screen.

Anyway, good job!

P.S. Sorry for my english

Edited by Alekseyl
some corrections

Sorry i just seen a reply on the thread here.

Just a little note it is Dec 9th, and Im assuming anytime today my internet will be cut so I will answer any questions today i can.

As for your reports Alekseyl:

1. moving of ammo creates, (yes it was a bit laggy, but it was interesting thing!

Not sure what your reporting here, are you asking how do you get it?

moving ammo boxes feature is in the SLX_Wounds file so if you remove that then you lose that feature.

2. knifes

2 files you need to use them.

SLX_Melee: OKC3S bayonet knife and AK-74 bayonet knife.

Dependencies: SLX_NetCode.

SLX_Melee_Give: Gives knives to armed people at mission start, knife type depending on side.

Dependencies: None.

3. tire repairing

No such feature in SLX, it would eb cool though, check out the tire repair script in the mission Insurgency.

Also here is the list of bugs:
1. a lot of soldiers after dead doesn't lay down on the ground, they sometimes still standing, but i can walk through them

ya this is nothing new, this happens sometimes, i believe it has to do with a combination of the AI mods, but I cannot figure this one out yet.

2. If you attach bomb to the vehicle and then get into this one, it becomes fully damaged, but there is no explosion...

remove this file:

SLX_Mod_Veh_Core:

and your fire, smoke and explosions will return.

Also there were a lot of wounded soldiers in clean SLX, I didn't see any of them in your mod.

Thats because you need the file SLX_Wounds .pbo in the mod if you removed it then return it and then you will get the wounded soldiers.

Another issue: with 1024x768 resolution mod's logo doesn't fit screen.

Ya i know, I tried many things to fix this and i cant, if someone can fix it then please do as i tried high resoultions and the

game wont accpet it, only in Arma2 this happens, in Arma1 the same warmod screen for A2WarMod works perfect,

like it should, and same for Arma2CO the Arma2 + Oa version of WarMod (COWarMod), but I cant get the res to be straight.

If you dont like it then find the file WarMod_loading.pbo and remove it and then you will get your normal Arma2 loading screen back.

==================

A2WarMod Rebuild and Update v 1.5

Wanted to inform you guys as Im sure you might have already read in my previous post that well today is my last day/night on the

internet til maybe January and only because i cannot afford to pay my bill.

Anyways in my down time I will be updating A2WarMod, I basically already have, I really just rebuilt the whole mod in my last down time,

updated the SLX that is in it with my A2SLX build, and many other things, the game in its current state is ausome!

So the next version of A2WarMod will be version 1.5, for those that have 1.4 already then I will have a patch with included

readmes and such that will tell you what files to remove, and other things.

So i will have this already like the start of January, well... I cant make any promises thing is I need to be able to pay my bill,

as there some things I need to do online before I can release, plus its not totally done atm, so theres still a little work yet.

==================

WarMod Partner

What i really need is a 2nd man that is a real fan of WarMod and all the versions, that knows the mod well that can answer

any questions I would, to fill in for me when Im out like this, normally I never am, but it would be a great help to have a

partner for WarMod in general, as I have been really doing the whole WarMod series myself.

This would help me update the mod faster, and find stuff I may have overlooked, missed, or unable to fix myself if need be.

There alot of work involved i this modding, I prob spent 100's of hours already since WarMod start in 2009.

Anyways til i get back. Cheers. :)

Gunter, I didn't remove anything from your mod! In my previous post was about difference between A2SLX and A2WarMod. So when I replaced @A2SLX with @A2WarMod in the shortcut properties, I had lost these 3 features: knifes, wounded enemies, moving of crates and tire repairing too!

remove this file:

SLX_Mod_Veh_Core:

and your fire, smoke and explosions will return.

But why I haven't these troubles with SLX?

Thats because you need the file SLX_Wounds .pbo in the mod if you removed it then return it and then you will get the wounded soldiers.

Again, I didn't remove anything from your mod, and like you said:

v1.4

- added SLX mod

As I understand, SLX is part of WarMod now, isn't it?

So I don't understand why I didn't get some features of SLX, when I use your mod?

Did you remove them?

Ok, I can try to find them in folder...

No, there are no SLX_Wound, SLX_Melee and SLX_Melee_Give in my

D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@A2WarMod\addons folder :(

What I am doing wrong?

Oh, I have found them right now :D

They are all in A2WarMod_Full1.4.zip\A2WarMod Full 1.4\SLX -Reference\SLX Files not in A2WarMod\

But why you moved them here? Are they not compatible with other mods?

I've tried to add some *.pbo's from this folder, and got some error (not found), so i didn't get SLX_Wounds to work properly. Then I've tried to add both @A2SLX and @A2WarMod to shortcut's command line. Again I've got some errors, but now I can Move crates and see wounded enemies. That's good that it works, but it's strange to use SLX with mod, that contains SLX.

And again: explosions of attached Satchel is very strange: then I touch of them, inityialy nothing happens, then the car become black, but there is no explosion (no fire, no sound, no smoke), then fire and smoke appears on trees which are located close by the car, but there is no fire on vehicle...

Edited by Alekseyl

Alekseyl, I will answer you as best I can with my very limited knowledge of warmod

So when I replaced @A2SLX with @A2WarMod in the shortcut properties, I had lost these 3 features: knifes, wounded enemies, moving of crates and tire repairing too!
These will have only been removed if they were broken in some way, as for the knifes, I know Gunter spent a lot of effort trying to fix it but he can't have managed to get it yet.
I've tried to add some *.pbo's from this folder, and got some error (not found), so i didn't get SLX_Wounds to work properly. Then I've tried to add both @A2SLX and @A2WarMod to shortcut's command line. Again I've got some errors, but now I can Move crates and see wounded enemies. That's good that it works, but it's strange to use SLX with mod, that contains SLX.
If you can give me a list of the .pbo's you tried to add i might be able to help you so you don't have to load SLX twice.
And again: explosions of attached Satchel is very strange: then I touch of them, inityialy nothing happens, then the car become black, but there is no explosion (no fire, no sound, no smoke), then fire and smoke appears on trees which are located close by the car, but there is no fire on vehicle...
I think this problem is caused by SLX_Mod_Veh_Core, did you have this problem before you tried SLX on top of A2WarMod?