Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Im pretty excited myself I can say the same thing

I too am waiting with baited breath.
:D

Although i regularly play with the mod in and out of testing, I almost have to wear diapers just to play cuz i'm shitting myself so much. lol

As for the sitrep it gets updated almost daily, I just updated it today in fact.

http://warmod.webs.com/

As for the addon/mod count thats just a rough estimate atm from when i last counted which was last week. But with testing you can lose

a few addons and mods just to get things to work, so far I had to remove several as some simply did not work,

and others were conflicting with other stuff.

I did get SLX integrated and working and have put the testing on hold for now as I want to finish up testing with some new stuff I need to get situated.

SLX alone for testing was about 2 weeks, and thats using the time I have between work, but its not done yet, from where I have

it I'd say it is about 90% finished where I feel I'm satisfied with it working with the rest of the mod.

As for the mod in general, theres no crashes, freezes, or anything of the sort, everything runs fairly smooth, but I still have alot to do yet,

I'm taking my time on this one as it would be easy to make a mistake with this number of mods, I still have a bunch of new mods to

test and integrate so its going to be a while.

Lemme know if you need any help with writing documentation.

Thanks for the offer domokun, I actually have all the readmes, and materials setup already, just have to update them with the new material,

and I wont be doing that til the physical part of the mod is done for testing.

I will post here and let you guys know where I'm at, but I plan on making a progress list soon on my site to list all the things

I'm working on so you can get a better Idea of what is being worked on and how far til completion.

Weekdays I can only get so much done as I work a 3rd shift, and night to night it varies from workload, if I get a heavy night

I end up sleeping longer and wake up late which leave me so much time to do anything, weekends are the best times for me as

I pretty much am on BIS forums all day or working on the mod.

This past weekened I got a TON of stuff done, I got all the permission requests sent out, completed testing 50+ tweaks,

still have a handful to go.

I still am going to create a steam group, but I'm trying to do a few things first before I do so.

You might ask, why steam?

Well since 2006 I have been on steam, I had a clan, and a ww2 realism unit in RO (Red Orchestra) back in the day and

I got alot of friends on there that I still chat with.

But when I get the group up you all are welcome to join it if you wish.

I got another project that i'll be doing outside of the mod which I want to do soon, I got some great missions I built,

that I'd like to get feedback on but I will post a topic in the usermissions thread for it when I'm ready with it,

I got to get over this big hump with WarMod.

All for now, Any questions, comments, let me know.

Its my Birthday today! :party:

Another great year in this community has passed for me, and the new year will bring more great things,

like COWarMod :cool: and ausome community stuff!

Happy B-Day, Gunter! I hope your success with the upcoming release will be true to your wishes.

BTW: what is your steam id? Ill add you if thats cool?

Happy belated birthday Günter Severloh :wine:

Edited by luap

Happy Birthday man! I hear great things (am waiting for CO version to be released).

I also have some questions...

Since I want the most realistic experiance possible there are some mods that I would like to know if they are/will be included into CO warmod. Mando Missles is one, and another is a very promising sound mod (is still in beta i think) called "Real Warfare Sound Mod", also do ACE compatible versions include ACE or must it be downloaded first thing? Thank you for your hard work which I soon will be enjoying!

Thanks guys.

To answer your questions BobcatBob I'll quote them to answer them:

Mando Missles is one

Mando Missiles I had request permissions from Mandoble for my last version and I didn't get permission as he was still working on it,

and updating it, I didn't ask this time around as i know I'd get the same answer, I mean A2WarMod was released not to long ago,

so the answer is no Mando Missile will not be in the mod. But you can add it to the mod if you wish when COWarMod is released.

another is a very promising sound mod (is still in beta i think) called "Real Warfare Sound Mod"

I dont do total conversion sound mods anymore, and heres the following reasons:

• Sound mods take up alot of room in the mod, considering COWarMod will have 200+ mods when released, this wont be realistic
    to make the mod a 2 gig download.

• if I add any sound type mod in WarMod it would be something very small
    that is specific to maybe AI, or a vehicle, like there already are in the mod

• With Arma2CO i wouldn't reccomend adding a sound mod to a compilation like mine, although i have done it with WarMod for Arma,
    its best to run such mods as a seperate mod

• The Real Warfare Sound Mod is still work in progress, I have mod myself but not alone.

also do ACE compatible versions include ACE or must it be downloaded first thing?

Ace Compatible version which its referred to as and really for those that have Ace already or about to download ace.

AceMod is to big to be in the compilation, and ACE is a total conversion mod which really has nothing to do with the concept behind what WarMod in general is about.

I dont have an Ace compatible version for COWarMod as I'm not 100% I will have one. I've yet to look at ACE's features to determine

what ACE already uses that tells me what I need to remove and or keep in COWarMod.

In my A2WarMod (WarMod for Arma2) I had an Ace compatible version which was just WarMod made compatible, meaning there

were addons and mods in A2WarMod that were removed as they did things that ACE already does, as well as some things removed

so conflicts between mods wouldn't happen.

If I were to do an ACE compatible version of COWarMod then it would be for those folks that already play with ACE or are planning to.

Ace is not required but if your not going to play with ACE then there is no point on downloading the ACE compatible version.

Ace wouldn't be required because there are no mods and addons that depend on ACE.

You have to kind of understand what COWarMod is like the other versions I had built its basically a compilation mod,

all i did was spend alot of time researching several websites and downloading every addon, and mod that had features

these types of features:

addons and mods that would:

• fix aspects of the game not covered by an official patch

• add features, abilities, tweaks, gameplay, visual, and or performance that is not already in the game or
    covered by an official patch

• add AI enhancements and or changes, effects, sound tweaks, and many other things

So once I had done the research and continually do the research even through testing, I would create a mod folder system,

and multiple folders for testing, to test each addon and mod I download individually, and together with other mods.

The Once I am satisfied with the results, and theres no crashes, freezes, and or conflicts with other mods (which you can never guarentee)

then I would gather permissions needed to be allowed to use the addons and mods in my mods.

Since my Arma2 version and my upcoming version I have a total of 50-60+ modders whom I have been granted permissions from.

and considering theres several addons and mods most of them have created the current mod count for COWarMod is reaching into the 200's! :eek:

The after i get permissions, I build readmes:

• Installtion readme so you understand how to install the mod (installs like all mods)

• Features readme listing all the features in the mod with details

• mod links readme to list links to all the mods in the compilation mod

• permissions readme to prove that I did indeed get permissions from all the modders,
    as well as whom the modders are.

• credits readme to list and give thanks and credit to all the modders in the mod

• mod readme folder that provides the readmes from all the mods that have one

After I do the readmes then I usually add some extra stuff like wallpapers, avatars, stuff like that, then the mod gets zipped up,

uploaded, and sent to Armaholic, but then before i do that I need to build a info page for download, kinda of like a sales ad if

you will that basically gives info on what your downloading.

at the same time building the release thread page which i will have a new one for COWarMod.

And if possible a trailer or some type of video/s that demonstrates the mod.

ALOT of work! :j:

So its one mod with many, many mods integrated, tested, adjusted, and made into one mod, which makes

the mod very much customizable.

so COWarMod is a customizable compilation mod.

After COWarMod is released, it will probably have patches that add updated versions of existing stuff or adds to the mod,

later on, like all of the versions had.

Hope that answers your questions.

You can follow the progress of the mod on the front page of my website which

i update and change almost daily-->http://warmod.webs.com/

Any other questions, dont hesitate to ask.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Check the WarMod News on my website-->http://warmod.webs.com/

I had just added and updated alot of things.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Some news for you guys.

I had added 2 shoutboxes to the front page of my website as well as a ton of other things, but one I'm using to post my regular status of the mod,

which is in the box COWarMod WIP, and the other box is at the bottem of the front page, thats mostly for

questions, comments, and general feedback for the mod and or website.

The shoutboxes are basically a comment type chat box, so if you guys having any questions, feedback,

or even ideas, then give me a shout, or you can ask here too if you want.

Website is in my sig.

I'll be closing the ACE Poll soon that I have on there as it seems the majority of folks want an ace compatible version,

that will be a project in itself.

All for now.

Locking this thread.

All the information for A2WarMod is on my website, if you have problems, or questions there is a questions and answers

FAQ on my website or refer to the thread here for already asked questions, and answers, if you cannot find your answer then send me a pm.

When COWarMod is ready I will create a COWarMod thread.

Thanks for your interest and feedback for A2WarMod for Arma2.

A2WarMod thread is reopened sorry for locking it, I been still getting questions from quite a few folks, so any questions,

problems, whatever post them here.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Thanks for re-opening. BTW I like the website. It looks very well done. Not sure where the shout boxes are, but I think you might be referring to where the "news" links are?

Anyway, as always, looking forward to the next release.

Thank you.

No I took the shout boxes down, i had them up on the front page.

But as I always ask if you guys have ideas that could allow my website to be more user friendly or to get info faster,

as there is alot of information on the Arma, arma2, and soon CO version of WarMod.

Anything I can add, change, adjust, or even new ideas then please let me know for the website.

Hello Günter,

the translation of the post to the Arma2Base community.

I promised to you and here it is! :)

Hello fellows,

there are a lot of Mod and add-ons, but a few Mod are better than the others.

The better one is in discussion! The A2WarMod puts the gameplay in a new experience.

Big words, I know, but in my opinion, the only way to discripe this @A2WarMod!

The A2WarMod is especially for ArmA2 and it is developed for this.

Every player who tries to play it with OA or tie together with CO, risks under circumstances, a crash, or do not come to the pleasure, of all the inserted add-on!

In this case contains the Mod everything what the players „heart desires“ and needed.

I save myself of all Feature to enumerate, but some, there are topically in the forum discussion:

The behavior of the mechanized infantry is improved (MechInfTac)

Rocket behavior of "Myke" reworks (GLT-Missle)

AI/KI Behavior reworks (ZeusAi Spotting)

HUD Systems assumed (Mandoble/MMA)

A lot of Addon of " Hein Blöd “ (Non Blinding, clutter)

JTD " Fire and Smoke " is just found, like HARP, DynamicSounds and ASR!

And so on...

The chosen AddOns are all „State of the Art“ and they are working fine!

I pointed to a new experience in gameplay, because this Mod intervenes so deeply in the "normally" behavior of the gameplay, so it is a pleasure to play all missions and campaigns once again.

I was impressed in any case and was inspired, complemented around ArmA2, only around @A2WarMod, CBA and ACE 2 to play it again completely. So many things are changed and the author Günter Severloh, put it in the right direction! It puts the game on a new level; more realistic gameplay, creating a new atmosphäre, so you are inbedded and involved.

The Addon CBA is necessary, but ACE2 is an optionale variation which the author of the @A2WarMod made compatible and this is still another highlight and a pleasure for all players.

Scarcely on version 1.3 revalued and hopefully not the last time!?

If the author is furthermore so powerful and creative, we can refresh the good, old ArmA2 for a new season, with low expenditure.

The next topic will be a preview to the authors creation for ArmA CO!

Yours

McLupo

@Günter: Sorry for the translation, but im not an english man! Ihope ur understand what ist written?! Thx a lot for your work!! :)

Edited by McLupo

Hey Guenter,

I just saw your mod and are impressed with what it does. I'm downloading the ACE2 comp. version atm. I was just wondering, since there are two mods I would like to keep with this one, but not sure if they will work properly together.

They are the particle effect mod Blastcore 1.2 and Blastcore_SoundFX, which is a sound mod.

I read that you are using some other effects and sounds already so i'm not sure if it will end in a conflict.

Anyway, can't wait until the dl is finished, Great work you did there (from what i read :D)

Kind Regards

LandsHeer

In preparation for your CO release I have a couple quick questions about compatible mods.

It seems a lot of the features are similar to that of WarFX, improved tracers, fixing the blinding sunlight, explosions, etc. I use WarFX along with JTD fire and smoke. Is WarMod basically borrowing from those mods or should I keep those mods in place?

Also any conflicts with Zeus AI?

Nevermind, I just saw the post above me, sorry about that..

Thank you.

I was just wondering, since there are two mods I would like to keep with this one,

but not sure if they will work properly together.

They are the particle effect mod Blastcore 1.2 and Blastcore_SoundFX, which is a sound mod.

The sound mod wont effect anything in A2WarMod, but Blastcore will, as blastcore is for OA and not Arma2.

A2WarMod already has the warfx in it for Arma2 only, if you use the new version which is now called blastcore

that is if your playing with arma2CO, then blastcore has not been tested with A2WarMod.

If you are going to use blastcore with A2WarMod then you will need to go into the addons folder of A2WarMod

and remove all the warfx files, and put the blascore files in replace.

Your best bet would be to wait til I get my latest version of WarMod released which is for Arma2CO Arma2 and OA together.

COWarMod as my latest version will be titled will have all the latest, and updated mods for Arma2, and OA from

the community about 215 mods with optional tweaks vs A2WarMod with only 126 mod total roughly.,

COWarMod is really a better optimized version that I had spent more time on then A2WarMod.

I personally think COWarMod is the better mod. Up to you if you wish to play with A2WarMod, it is still a good mod,

but I gurarentee there will be some mods that will not work in OA, As I had to remove some when building COWarMod.

Please keep in mind that A2WarMod ACE Compatible version built for Arma2 was made compatible

based on the arma2 version of ACE, not the OA version, if you use the OA version with A2WarMod

you will have quite a few things not working in the mod.

As for COWarMod you can keep up with the progress of COWarMod on my website. Once you get

to the website go to the menu link warmod WIP

Any other questions let me know.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I use WarFX along with JTD fire and smoke. Is WarMod basically borrowing from those mods or should I keep those mods in place?

Borrowing? No, the mod is either in warmod or it isn't WarMod for Arma2 does not have the latest JTD fire and smoke, nor does it have Blastcore.

A2WarMod has the versions for arma2 only.

Like I said earlier, WarFx for Arma2 (not warfx Blastcore for OA) is in A2WarMod.

If you are using Blastcore for OA with A2WarMod then you will need to go into the addons folder of A2WarMod and remove

the warfx files, and replace them with the blatscore files.

Your best bet would be to delete A2WarMod and wait til COWarMod is released, as it has all the latest mods, and such for effects,

gameplay and AI, and pretty much all the AI mods except for a couple which I cannot recall atm.

COWarMod as i said I s more optimized, better compatible version then A2WarMod, COWarMod as listed is for Arma2CO only that is Arma2 plus OA together.

No their will not be an ACE compatible version of COWarMod when its released, and yes I had tested COWarMod with the latest ACE (OA version)

and there are quite a few things that dont work, thats why i would have to build a compatible version, maybe after COWarMod is released,

and the mod has been out for a month already ill consider working on it again.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Good job. :yay:

yep good compile of addons.

[Not easy to make compatible addons. I've created one (similar to yours) can be found herehttp://www.multiupload.com/0PVAGWAZAB for a mission I have created this afternoon. Well not a perfect mission (didn't find how to stop the counter script except that I think it could be a good small mission).

If someone have a server to test it (10 players max) it will be nice.]

Thanks. wonderful!

A2WarMod was about 3 months of research, downloading, testing, tweaking, and building, of 126 addons and modsCOWarMod

my latest version will be 4 months, with 216 addons /mods, and tweaks. which gives the game (Arma2CO) a total of 294 features.

You can see what addons and mods I have in A2WarMod by reviewing the list here on my website:

http://warmod.webs.com/arma2featuresdetail.htm

Thx a lot Guenter,

I will just try it out for now without adding the new blastcore version to it an wait until you are done. I will defenetly download you CO version, but waiting is not of my strenghs haha. So I will install teh Arma 2 version and just try around with it :).

Again thx a lot for your very hard work :)

First of thanks for all the hard work put into this mod.

My question is should i play a fresh install of arma 2 with just this mod or should i install ace along with this mod? Im afraid of mixing these 2 big mods as it might increase the risk of crashes and errors. Any thought would be appreciated.

Hello, and thank you.

To answer your question, if your going to play with Ace that is ACE for arma2 not OA then get the A2WarMod ACE Compatible version.

Remember this that A2WarMod was not built for OA it was built for Arma2 hence A2 before WarMod.

Im afraid of mixing these 2 big mods as it might increase the risk of crashes and errors.

Dont worry the testing has already been done, I had no crashes, or errors, or freezing ect with A2WarMod, and

ACE you are going to use the Ace for OA you might get crashes and errors, I already Know there are some addons and mods

in A2WarMod that dont work when the OA version of Ace is running.

Your best bet overall would be to get OA install it into Arma2's directory so you get combined Ops. The when released

download my latest version of WarMod aka COWarMod which has all the latest addons and mods for arma2 and OA that deal

with gameplay, fixes, effects, and AI, pretty much every mod out there for the exception of a few are in COWarMod.

A2WarMod is good but its not great, COWarMod is better optimized mod with more features x2 then A2WarMod.

When COWarMod is released (In June) then I will possible build an ACE Compatible version.

Hope that answer your questions.

Hello, and thank you.

To answer your question, if your going to play with Ace that is ACE for arma2 not OA then get the A2WarMod ACE Compatible version.

Remember this that A2WarMod was not built for OA it was built for Arma2 hence A2 before WarMod.

Dont worry the testing has already been done, I had no crashes, or errors, or freezing ect with A2WarMod, and

ACE you are going to use the Ace for OA you might get crashes and errors, I already Know there are some addons and mods

in A2WarMod that dont work when the OA version of Ace is running.

Your best bet overall would be to get OA install it into Arma2's directory so you get combined Ops. The when released

download my latest version of WarMod aka COWarMod which has all the latest addons and mods for arma2 and OA that deal

with gameplay, fixes, effects, and AI, pretty much every mod out there for the exception of a few are in COWarMod.

A2WarMod is good but its not great, COWarMod is better optimized mod with more features x2 then A2WarMod.

When COWarMod is released (In June) then I will possible build an ACE Compatible version.

Hope that answer your questions.

Im not worried about OA i only have the regular arma 2 game. I guess what im trying to ask is that if you had to play the game all over again would you play it with both a2warmod+ ACE or only with a2warmod?

If i was to install both ace and a2warmod for the first time which one should i install first?. My other question is if i have this mod and i want to play co-op over the net would the other party members need the same mod , or is co-op not possible with the mods?

Also i have copied the 3 files over to my main arma 2 directory but is there anyway to tell if the mod is up and running? Because i don't see any different splash screens or anything.

Thnx for the fast reply's

Edited by -==XR==-

Hello again, to answer your questions:

if you had to play the game all over again would you play it with both a2warmod+ ACE or only with a2warmod?

Hmm there both good, but its really a preference I suggest try with and without Ace and see what you like, as I had done that myself.

If i was to install both ace and a2warmod for the first time which one should i install first?

Dont matter, both mods go into the main Arma2 directory. Your target line though will dictate what mod starts up first,

which should be warmod.

My other question is if i have this mod and i want to play co-op over the net would the other party members

need the same mod , or is co-op not possible with the mods?

Good question, Coop is mission related not mod related, it dont matter what mod you have running my mod, ace, or any other

mod for that matter you can still do coop, question is are you hosting a mission or is the mission on a server that you run?

If you are hosting the mission as long as the mission was built with the stock vanilla game then the other person wont need the mod.

However the other person will not see the effects, or gameplay change that A2WarMod has.

If the mission is on a server (gameserver) then its really up to the admin of the server to have setup in the server.cfg

whether or not the server requires a joining player to have the same files as the server, you can set this up where there is no requirement.

If however you build a mission with A2WarMod then yes the other people joining the mission will require the same mod that the mission was built,

this goes for server, and nonserver alike.

For general coops that you had downloaded, then both of you should be able to play with no issues.

is there anyway to tell if the mod is up and running? Because i don't see any different splash screens or anything.

No I had trouble with setting up a splash screen, it was actually a small project scrapped, but when ingame what

you can look for is your m16gun, rpg, static mgs they will zoom in automatically whereas in the vanilla game you

had to manually zoom in, thats one way to tell.

Question for you guys, and i will add a poll to my website for this:

and this is for those people that play Arma2 alone and have A2Warmod.

Should I update A2WarMod with a splash screen (loading screen) and integrate SLX into the mod?

hope that helps.

Edited by Gnter Severloh