A2WarMod

A2WarModSM

ACE

ACEX

ACEX_RU

ACEX_SM

ACEX_USNAVY

CBA

SLX (I removed most of the stuff from this one, when both ACE and this one were working, the enemies, when hit, would quickly switch from a stance to another, without transition).

Yet, even when SLX is de-activated, they have this weird bug when they throw smokes.

I'd rather have them not throwing smokes! Or make them throw it at their feet or something...

Played character has not got that back bend, when throwing a smoke vertically.

thank you

Edited by memento

Hello here are my mods in place :

A2WarMod

A2WarModSM

ACE

ACEX

ACEX_RU

ACEX_SM

ACEX_USNAVY

CBA

SLX (I removed most of the stuff from this one, when both ACE and this one were working, the enemies, when hit, would quickly switch from a stance to another, without transition).

Yet, even when SLX is de-activated, they have this weird bug when they throw smokes.

I'd rather have them not throwing smokes! Or make them throw it at their feet or something...

Played character has not got that back bend, when throwing a smoke vertically.

thank you

Since I don't have the ACE mods I can't tell you for certain what the problem could be. I do have SLX and that mod has cause many players with other mods have a lot of weird problems because it's heavily scripted. I personally use only 20 SLX pbo's. I think you should read this thread it has mods that are compatible with ACE like certain SLX pbo's:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96591&highlight=favorite+mods

Anyways, do you have Arma 2 Launcher? If not, you should download it cause it makes it easy to enable/disable mods which is really handy when you want to trace a mod that is causing problems.

I do have the Launcher.

I have a question.

When I tried to create a new modfolder @Misc in my root folder, the Launcher didn't detect it.

I'd like to create a modfolder with all the clutter I want to test..

What should I do to have it detected?

Thank you! :-)

The answer to your problem with AI popping smoke already has been answered earlier in the thread,

also located on my website under faq, but to answer your question:

Another poster had asked me this question and below is my answer.

Also is there any chance to reduce the amount of smoke grenades getting popped in a firefight?

Not really, the only thing that runs for the AI to pop smoke is the VFAI mod, they rearm themselves,

as well as pop smoke, but the userconfig for it dont have anything for the smoke, if you want to remove it

and keep only the rearming part then I suggest removing

VFAI_Smokeshell

VFAI_Smokeshell.pbo.VICFA.bisign

What version of A2WarMod do you have?

If you patched your A2WarMod to 1.2 then you should have removed the following addons

from the main A2WarMod addons folder:

Find these addons in your existing A2WarMod addons folder and remove them:

VFAI_Equipment

VFAI_Equipment.pbo.VICFA.bisign

VFAI_Smokeshell

If you removed these addons, you would get any AI popping smoke, plus the 1.2 patch replaces VFAI

with ASR rearming, which is a better more optimized version for the same mod minus the AI popping smoke.

This I posted back in October about VFAI:

VFAI_Equipment

VFAI_Smokeshell

Why remove them?

because the patch contains a new version of that mod not made by Victor who made the VFAI.

As for the twisted Ai animations, I have not seen any AI doing this on my end.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

I'd like to create a modfolder with all the clutter I want to test..

What should I do to have it detected?

Just make sure your mod folder is in the main Arma2 directory, but what your asking is dependant on the launcher I cannot tell you how otherthen it should be the same process used to detect the other mods you are using.

but personally I find it easier to just make a new shortcut but your mod folder in the target line and run the game from there.

Hi Günter,

I just read afew pages back that your GAU was farting, this was partially my fault and that of someone at Armaholic.

I did the GAU 8F (F is for FARTS) for april 1st (a joke), uploaded it to Armaholic, but sadly they overwrote my Original GAU8 and replaced it with the 'F' version...

If you require the orginal just shout me mate, I'll upload it for you no probs.

Sorry for the confusion mate ;)

Hey Mark,

Np buddy, i got it sorta out, I have all the files was kinda of weird funny for the moment but its all good. :)

can't save game, whatever it is in single missions, mission editor, some text appear like something is missing, but I downloaded all it need. link ARMA iNFO website.

Hello,

Go into your A2WarMod Addons folder and look for this pbo:

DisableSavingAltogether_Dev_C_PROPER.pbo

and delete it.

there might be a bisign with it.

Which version of A2WarMod do you have?

There is a features readme included with the download as well as other readmes, the features readme also fairly

self explanatory lists all the files (pbos) for each feature, so if you wish to customize your game with certain features then you can

take out what you want, as A2WarMod, like the Arma version is a customizable compilation mod.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Günter, I notice that there's a file inside the A2WarMod Addons folder named: addon.h. Is that suppose to be there or in the userconfig folder?

Hello Lorca,

Good question.

Addon.h is a file that belongs to the mod:

Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI)

what the mod does is the following:

Description:

It gives your and the enemies AI a voice beyond the stale radio messages

Features:

* Ready made scripts for Dynamic Sound AI that is easily modifiable by the end-user.

* Your AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading, throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt,

fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! And much more.

* Works in both SP, client-side MP and server-side MP

* Features English, Arab, Russian and Spanish voices by default

* Can assign voices to all sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, SideEnemy)

* Easily activated/deactived by mission makers, addon makers or server admins as required, using global variables and config

entries (see below for more information)

* Auto-initialization using CBA (fully CBA compatible)

To answer your question though, the addon.h file and the folder RUG_DSAI you see in the addons folder of A2WarMod is included

with the other addons Pbos) for those that wish to create their own custom voices pack using the Mod Rug Dsai.

The addon.h is just a file that is included in the main config.cpp. You need to change the defines for RUG_ADDON and RUG_ADDON_STR

to comply with yours.

There is no userconfig file for RUG Dsai, as when you download the rug Dsai you will find that addon.h in the main addons folder apon

extraction of the mod, its purpose, I believe is for the creation of a custom sound pack.

On its own I dont believe it has any function as the pbo files that that main mod Rg Dsai uses are

RUG_DSAIENG (English) : BLUFOR/Independent

RUG_DSAIArab (Arab) : Independent/OPFOR

RUG_DSAIRUS (Russian) : OPFOR/OPFOR

RUG_DSAISPA (Spanish) : OPFOR/Independent

It would be considered an pbo that would utilize the cfg's in the pbos above for your own custom pack.

when you create an addon (pbo) you would include the folder RUG_DSAI, and the file addon.h, and assuming this would be the setup.

If you have further questions about Rug Dsai and its files the man to ask is Wolfrug or Sickboy.

I hope that helps.

Hello Lorca,

Good question.

Addon.h is a file that belongs to the mod:

Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI)

what the mod does is the following:

Description:

It gives your and the enemies AI a voice beyond the stale radio messages

Features:

* Ready made scripts for Dynamic Sound AI that is easily modifiable by the end-user.

* Your AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading, throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt,

fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! And much more.

* Works in both SP, client-side MP and server-side MP

* Features English, Arab, Russian and Spanish voices by default

* Can assign voices to all sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, SideEnemy)

* Easily activated/deactived by mission makers, addon makers or server admins as required, using global variables and config

entries (see below for more information)

* Auto-initialization using CBA (fully CBA compatible)

To answer your question though, the addon.h file and the folder RUG_DSAI you see in the addons folder of A2WarMod is included

with the other addons Pbos) for those that wish to create their own custom voices pack using the Mod Rug Dsai.

The addon.h is just a file that is included in the main config.cpp. You need to change the defines for RUG_ADDON and RUG_ADDON_STR

to comply with yours.

There is no userconfig file for RUG Dsai, as when you download the rug Dsai you will find that addon.h in the main addons folder apon

extraction of the mod, its purpose, I believe is for the creation of a custom sound pack.

On its own I dont believe it has any function as the pbo files that that main mod Rg Dsai uses are

RUG_DSAIENG (English) : BLUFOR/Independent

RUG_DSAIArab (Arab) : Independent/OPFOR

RUG_DSAIRUS (Russian) : OPFOR/OPFOR

RUG_DSAISPA (Spanish) : OPFOR/Independent

It would be considered an pbo that would utilize the cfg's in the pbos above for your own custom pack.

when you create an addon (pbo) you would include the folder RUG_DSAI, and the file addon.h, and assuming this would be the setup.

If you have further questions about Rug Dsai and its files the man to ask is Wolfrug or Sickboy.

I hope that helps.

Ok thanks. I will write myself a note in Notepad so I don't forget because seeing that file there kind of confuses me.

Your welcome.

confuses you how? Are you trying to customize the mod for your gameplay style?

Keep in mind that there is a features readme that comes with the mod that provides description and , as well as lists the pbos (files) for that feature,

also listed on my website too.

Little offtopic but

a point I wanted to make in terms of general forum posting, is you dont necessarily need to quote anyone unless its something in

their post you are specifically quoting and responding to. In general considering my post is immediately above yours quoting my

entire post isn't necessary as your response alone is sufficient, as I can see for myself what i posted and had said.

If however you were quoting something i said a page back then quoting the whole post if not specific parts would be more appropriate.

Unless someone posted after me then you posted then a quote would possibly be needed. I dont want to sound anal about this but

I see alot of people quoting whole posts that are above the one above them,

thats like double posting what the previous poster posted.

anyways any other questions let me know. :)

Your welcome.

confuses you how? Are you trying to customize the mod for your gameplay style?

anyways any other questions let me know. :)

Not really, is just that in my experience of using mods in other games I sometimes take long breaks from the modding scene and when I come back months later I'm disoriented of to what belongs to what. Specially, if you are modding and playing another game and after six months you comeback to another game, for me, it really gets disorientating. Your mod folders are well structure is just that my memory is not very structure. Anyways, good point about the long quotes. I sometimes forget to eliminate the fat from the quotes.

Btw, i posted earlier about an error warning I always get, like this:

File x\asr\addons\vfai\fnc_Equipment_AI.sqf, line 62

Error in expression <se "CARGO": {

if ([_x,(getMagazineCargo _co) select 0] call asr_vfai_fnc_found) >

Error position: <_co) select 0] call asr_vfai_fnc_found) >

Error Missing )

The mod asr_airearming is what causing the error. I wonder if this is a harmless error. I don't have OA, btw.

Ok.

You had already asked that here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1832587&postcount=146

and my answer to that was here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1833801&postcount=154

Also more insight on this error posted earlier in the A2WarMod thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1779972&postcount=77

Again from other posts I had made,

If you patched your A2WarMod to 1.2 then you should have removed the following addons

from the main A2WarMod addons folder:

VFAI_Equipment

VFAI_Smokeshell

If you removed these addons, you would get any AI popping smoke, plus the 1.2 patch replaces VFAI

with ASR rearming, which is a better more optimized version for the same mod minus the AI popping smoke.

From Rob's release thread of ars rearming:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Günter Severloh

question for you, being a remake of Vf's version, you have added and updated the features

of the existing mod he made, like basically taking his and then upgrading it?

Rob's answer

So if I add the ASR AI Rearming to my game, even while I have Vfs original I prob should remove his version correct?

You are correct, you should remove VFAI.Equipment is using this.

Although there isn't much left of Victor's code, being a total rewrite, his version was the starting point and I kept all the original features.

hope that clears things up for you Lorca.

Any other questions or concerns, dont hesitate to ask.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Ok.

hope that clears things up for you Lorca.

Any other questions or concerns, dont hesitate to ask.

yeah, I did my homework in eliminating those VFAI files and i have the patch 1.2. And I guess the asr_airearming mod does requires OA like that member said. Did you said that in your readme?

Edited by Lorca

Did you said that in your readme?

No its not in the readme,

The 1.2 patch was released before I got any notice of anyone haveing the error, but then again I had no errors myself

with Arma2 alone when i was testing with the new patch implemented.

UPDATE

Currently I'm doing a few things:

- slowly working on an latest patch for A2WarMod it will be my last one for it, which will be version 1.3

If any of you guys want me to add something to A2WarMod that is specifically Arma2 then please post

here and let me know ASAP.

No I cannot ad GL4, mando missiles, as I did not get permissions for those. SLX is out of the question, and has

ALOT of conflicts and issues, Im finding this out the hard way with COWarMod-(see below)

It would still work but quite a few things have to be removed just to get it to run smoothly without crashes or freezes.

So far i cannot get SLX to work like all the other mods in A2WarMod as it wont allow me to compile it, it has to be run as a seperate mod,

which then theres not point as it is seperate from WarMod and then to it would be no point on redownloading it agian if you already have it,

unless i had a tweaked version, even then i would need permission to do so.

- I am working on an CO (combined Ops) version of WarMod which will be called COWarMod,

its actually already built but, there is alot of misc testing I am doing with it, currently i found a couple of bugs in it already and fixed them.

I yet have to setup the mod format for it and get permissions for all the addons and mods for it. Build the readmes ect.,

so theres a few things to do.

So far the mod is ausome, I almost like it more then the Arma2 version, but WarMod for Armed Assault to me was the best, it

had alot of features i enjoyed, A2WarMod has alot of great features I wish i could have seen in Arma, and there some things in

A2WarMod that dont work as far as I have seen so far in COWarMod version, and theres also alot of features in A2WarMod

that do work in COWarMod version.

The COWarMod version is a recompiled version of A2WarMod has all the A2WarMod features and updated with OA stuff,

there are some things I had to take out as they did nt work with others, but again I'm still in the process of testing and

trying to get things where it performs fairly smoothly.

Any questions let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

UPDATE

Currently I'm doing a few things:

- slowly working on an latest patch for A2WarMod it will be my last one for it, which will be version 1.3

I'm looking forward for the 1.3 patch. Thanks for your time and hard work that you're putting in this compilation.

Hi Günter Severloh,

Glad to hear about 1.3.

"If any of you guys want me to add something to A2WarMod that is specifically Arma2 then please post here and let me know ASAP".

How about AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.4) :bounce3:

That is the only place I have found to have ver 0.5 for ArmA 2 stand alone his last one supporting ArmA 2.

He states that he is no longer supporting ArmA2 stand alone any longer maybe he will give permission for you to use it (here's hoping) and maybe for your next COWarMod as well.

A few problems maybe you guys can work out is in multiplayer the script breaks on respawn or needs to be scripted to respawn to player(s)? you can read up on his script in his readme on that site and here's to hoping.

Edited by luap

Thanks luap,

Downloaded and am looking into it. Considering it is an addon form it could possibly work, just have to test it out alone and with other stuff.

My usual process for testing is to test addons/mods alone to see how they respond in the game, i usually test in two places,

the sp and mp editor, as 99% of the time most things will work but then in mp things get weird, some times if im not satisfied I'll test it on my gameserver.

After I test the addon/mod by itself then I test it out with existing A2Warmod addons and mods, to see if I get any conflicts,

i also look through the mods and such to see if there is a possibility of anything being overridden by another mod.

Depending on the addon/mod certain tests I dont do.

all for now.

Hi again,

Glad you are going to take a look at this mod for the new update. As far as your testing goes we know how thorough you are :p

I forgot to add the link to ver 0.5 which I think you need for ArmA 2 all other higher versions will be for Combined Operations.

All for now.

UPDATE: Patch News/Info

A2WarMod v 1.3 Patch / Full v. 1.3

Latest and final version of A2WarMod is in the works, updating the current version of A2WarMod v 1.2, to v 1.3

The Patch will have a few fixes, and updates, as well as some additions.

Three versions will be released:

Patch v 1.3

- 1st version will be just the patch v 1.3 this will be for those that have A2WarMod patched to 1.2 already.

Full Mod v 1.3

- 2nd version will be a full mod with all patches applied making A2WarMod v 1.3.

this version will be for those that are installing A2WarMod for the first time.

Full Mod ACE v 1.3

- 3rd version will be a full mod Ace Compatible with all patches applied making A2WarMod v 1.3.

this version will be for those that are installing A2WarMod Ace compatible for the first time.

All for now.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Gunter: Any way to get a beta of 1.3 to test it out.

UPDATE: Patch News/Info

A2WarMod v 1.3 Patch / Full v. 1.3

Latest and final version of A2WarMod is in the works, updating the current version of A2WarMod v 1.2, to v 1.3

The Patch will have a few fixes, and updates, as well as some additions.

Three versions will be released:

Patch v 1.3

- 1st version will be just the patch v 1.3 this will be for those that have A2WarMod patched to 1.2 already.

Full Mod v 1.3

- 2nd version will be a full mod with all patches applied making A2WarMod v 1.3.

this version will be for those that are installing A2WarMod for the first time.

Full Mod ACE v 1.3

- 3rd version will be a full mod Ace Compatible with all patches applied making A2WarMod v 1.3.

this version will be for those that are installing A2WarMod Ace compatible for the first time.

All for now.

No sorry soldaten,

no point in beta right now as Im almost done with it, I just have to do a few things yet:

- still have to test the patch with the full mod version that was patched with 1.2

- test ace compatible

- split the mod into two parts as the download is to big

- upload it to my host so I can upload it to Armaholic

- create a release page for Armaholic

- release post for the thread here

- update the WarMod website

still a few things to do but Im planning release for this weekend, so if you can wait til the weekend it should be good to go.

On the front page of my website you can watch the progress, I have a list of things I need to do and at about

what percentage they are before they are completed.

Website address is in my sig.