Is this compatible with Arma2 without Operation Arrowhead?

Absolutely :)

As Günter says right through the thread, this was developed for Arma2.

It's an excellent compilation, it works great, and gameplay improves dramatically.

Please be sure to download the patch as well as the main file & follow the instructions therein about replacing a couple of mods.

Have fun!

BR

Carl

Hey Mac

What you said:

just load vanilla Arma2, with the BWmod only.

Because if you edit the mission with A2WarMod and decide to lets say only play with Bwmod for like testing reaons or whatever,

then you will get this error:

you cannot edit/play this mission because it is missing downloadable content that is missing.

if you get that error, well lets just say your F@$ked, unless you load A2WarMod, but yes always edit with stock.

Until you save the mission nothing is made dependant.

When I edit, I have a shortcut with mods or whatever I need, or am going to add to the mission, nothing else.

If I want a stock game to be universal, then I only edit with just stock.

Hey Chammy

Is this compatible with Arma2 without Operation Arrowhead?

to answer your question,

A2WarMod was built on Arma2 version 1.07 and it does work with 1.08 patch. A2 in the A2WarMod stands for Arma2,

so it was built specifically for Arma2. All the downloads for the compilation are from Armaholic, and Armed Assault Info

website Arma2 section, and alot of the addons and mods in those sections (arma2) were built preOA, there are a few that

are built compatible for OA as well.

So A2WarMod was only built for Arma2, not tested on OA or BAF, as I dont own those games,

only Arma2.

Any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Dont forget WarMod for Armed Assault;)

Carl you beat me to it, lol Sucks getting home late from work.

I put in another hour of overtime again today, oh well money in the pocket;)

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Carl you beat me to it, lol Sucks getting home late from work.

I put in another hour of overtime again today, oh well money in the pocket;)

Heh, just dropped in here while I was posting a request for checksums for installed files, having had a series of problems after patching to 1.08 & doing a complete reinstall to 1.07. Couldn't resist singing A2WM's praises :)

Have to go to an early meeting in London today hence the 5 am wake-up, yukk!

Me an early morning person...not!

Ciao

Carl

Absolutely :)

As Günter says right through the thread, this was developed for Arma2.

It's an excellent compilation, it works great, and gameplay improves dramatically.

Please be sure to download the patch as well as the main file & follow the instructions therein about replacing a couple of mods.

Have fun!

BR

Carl

1-4552411-9245-t.jpg

Heh, just dropped in here while I was posting a request for checksums for installed files, having had a series of problems after patching to 1.08 & doing a complete reinstall to 1.07. Couldn't resist singing A2WM's praises :)

Have to go to an early meeting in London today hence the 5 am wake-up, yukk!

Me an early morning person...not!

Ciao

Carl

Same here , had to patch back to 1.07; now working beautifully.

What issues were you guys getting with 1.08?

I am patched to 1.08 and haven't run across anything, even have the A2WarMod server patched to 1.08, playing an edited version of Evo blue.

I wish The CBA team would find a way to not have the loading screen come up, I'm rather tired of it.

What issues were you guys getting with 1.08?

I am patched to 1.08 and haven't run across anything, even have the A2WarMod server patched to 1.08, playing an edited version of Evo blue.

Unplayable for me. Crashed every time I loaded Sbrodj (loads fine in 1.07); it didn't recognise SchnapsdroSel's bb-mercs (loaded fine in 1.05 & 1.07) & kept giving the 'deleted content' warning; both of Bardosy's A2 campaigns lost their titles in the "Campaign" list & clicking on either empty line got this type of warning:

No entry 'Campaigns\pullercamp\description.ext.Campaign'

Neither would load.

Sometimes when clicking on a mission in the SP mission list, A2 would immediately CTD; no crashdump, no warnings/errors in the rpt file.

Sometimes the game would just lock up (even on BIS' own content), had to ALT TAB & kill it with program manager. Couldn't always ALT TAB out, either. Sometimes on exiting Arma" I'ld get a grey screen and usually have to hit the reset button. That also happened several times when exiting the Editor, even if it was just Utes. Again nothing in the rpt.

FPS was crap. Benchmark 1 dropped to 28 from 55, Benchmark 2 from 30 to 18. Turning off vsync didn't help.

If I loaded ACE & ACEX the whole game slowed to 8-12 FPS.

When I did get a game going I kept running into the 'stuck AI' bug (supposed to have been fixed a while back) where one or more team members would stop & cease to obey orders. In one mission (one of the Seal Team 6 set, non-ACE) the team followed OK but never opened fire even if ordered to. These were with no addons, unless the mission required them.

I could go on but no point atm. I suspect that somewhere along the line as I patched to 1.05 -> 1.07 -> 1.08 something went a bit wonky but unless someone responds to my request for MD5 or SHA-1 values, there ain't no way of telling. All the patch files match spec on both MD5 & SHA-1 so the downloads were fine.

I notice that some people say it's fine, others report various bugs. One that only some people report is that they still get asked to put the disk in the drive. Happens to me too from time to time (all the way from v1.05), but inserting any old DVD or CD shuts it up. That requirement was removed some time ago but clearly there's still some code - at least in some installations - that remains. Flaky patching? Who knows...

Reinstalled from DVD, used the 1.0 -> 1.07 patch & now everything works OK. I'm not tempted to try the 1.08 patch again, I'll just have wait for the next update :(

I wish The CBA team would find a way to not have the loading screen come up, I'm rather tired of it.

I don't mind in the least seeing it come up when the game launches, after all it's been a lot of work. But every time you start a mission, and when you leave it? Not necessary IMHO.

Nicer to see the Warmod page on dev-heaven, btw :)

Cheers

Carl

The loading screen is intentional. You can't start a loading screen and then it not popping up.

It's like saying you want to be driving, but not drive at the same time.

The loading screen has 1 primary and 1 secondary function.

The *primary* and most important function is to process all postInit scripting in an extremely short time, before the mission actually starts, instead of 10's of seconds into the mission.

All initializations and script compiling are repeated for every mission-start, hence it appears every mission.

The *secondary* function is Author and Credits system, used by CBA, ACE, ACRE and any other 3rd party that wants to use it.

The only reason why the loading screen pops up at game startup, and at leaving a mission, is because of the intro mission that is played in the main menu.

If you use -skipIntro startup parameter, you will speed your game up a lot, and not have this occur either.

I have documented it at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Loading_Screen

It seems odd how this can be such a big deal, but in any case I've now tried to improve the behaviour by not displaying the loadingScreen for intro missions, included in upcoming version.

Lastly; if you have feedback/requests, please come find us in the CBA thread or rather the CBA issue tracker :)

Edited by Sickboy

@Sickboy

Thank you :)

That's a very clear explanation and a very helpful tip. I'll be including -skipIntro in my launch parameters.

BR

Carl

I'll stay with patch 1.08 for now, I havent any issues with it.

Thanks Sickboy for the explanation about CBA.

Maybe a dumb question but in my target line I use already use

-nosplash -world=empty, doesn't -skipIntro do the same thing as -nosplash,

or does that have a different process that is more specific?

-skipIntro is more like -world=empty, than it is like -noSplash.

-world=empty makes you start the game without an island loaded and thus no intro mission, however, if you start a mission and then go back to the main menu, it will load the intro mission of the last played island.

With -skipIntro - you never get intro missions. Not when you start the game, and not when you go back from a mission/editor.

btw, the mentioned dev-build of CBA 0.7.1 is now available, final testing before official 0.7.1 release.

Help a new guy out.- I'm having trouble either with this (I assume) or CBA while trying to play Red Harvest on vanilla A2 1.08.

Here's my shortcut:

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -maxmem=2048 -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@A2WarMod

The aforementioned folders are also in my ARMA 2 folder. I'm using the non-ACE compatible version with HARCP.

I'm having all kinds of script failures with the mods loaded in all missions, also a savegame corruption (even my backup folder) in Manhattan. For example, the UAV terminals don't work (it complains about it at mission start too), game plot related scripts fail to trigger leaving me stranded on many occasions (example: in Bitter Chill, when I go with NAPA and arrive at the red Hatchback, nothing happens. This is the most common type of error).

What am I doing wrong? Which version of CBA and A2Warmod should I use?

Or should I just buy OA, can I play Red Harvest with it AND transfer my campaign status (not necessarily saves in the mission)?

When I don't load the mods, the game works "fine" (but is still buggy as hell, with Cpt Shaftoe being eviscerated by his desk when I finally return to debrief from Manhattan, enemies are retards who randomly run about instead of shooting etc.)

Thanks.

In all the pure awesomeness of the mods, you forgot ONE mod.

I dont wanna play without (parts) of SLX anymore!

SLX is totally needed for this compilation. Far not all from SLX, but at least things like:

Animations (much smoooother)

and very important: WOUNDS, INJURIES.

The battlefield feels much more "alive".

Lots of guys which getting hit, are still alive, and just coiling up in pain. slowly bleeding to death if they dont get help.

Some are just trying to crawl away very slowly, falling unconsious from time to time, bloodstains remain where they are.

Shouting and moaning during and after the battlefield, in friendly as in enemy lines.

-Headinjuries look really disgusting and bad :/

- dismemberment of bodies if hit with high explosion or 50CAL is possible

I am playing at the moment with your great compilation + a few parts of SLX, which are making the hole thing even more alive/realistic.

(also i deledet most parts of SLX, because they slowing down too much and some of them already fixed with your other addons)

*edit*

Also is there any chance to reduce the amount of smoke grenades getting popped in a firefight?

After 2 minutes it looks like a damn smoke festival (everywhere all colored smoke grenades)

Edited by KrAziKilla

Hey fellas,

let me answer your questions in order:

Here's my shortcut:

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -maxmem=2048 -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@A2WarMod

Your shortcut is fine you have it right.

I'm having all kinds of script failures with the mods loaded in all missions, also a savegame corruption

(even my backup folder) in Manhattan.

Can you list the actual errors you are getting, and or post your RPt after you play the mission, as the RPT will log

everything that happens. If I can see that I can tell you if whats happenign with your game is mod related, patch related,

or mission. and from reports from others that I have been hearing since 1.08 patch came out, they have said that 1.08 patch creates a lot of issues.

You got to understand that A2WarMod is about 122 mods in 1 mod form, but with this patch and depending on what

types of missions you are palying, it is very possible to have errors and such.

But please I need to see these errors your getting otherwise all I can tell you is that its very possible your

issues are related to the 1.08 patch, and the missions you are playing.

On that note, I myself have no errors, and have my game patched to 1.08 as well. 99% of the

mission I play are built by me, and 1 from another.

Post your errors for me or the RPt. better yet both.

For example, the UAV terminals don't work (it complains about it at mission start too), game plot related

scripts fail to trigger leaving me stranded on many occasions (example: in Bitter Chill, when I go with NAPA and arrive

at the red Hatchback, nothing happens. This is the most common type of error).

Sounds mission related to me.

What am I doing wrong? Which version of CBA and A2Warmod should I use?

You got it right for Arma2, you need @CBA;@CBA_A2, and thats what you got, thats why I listed that

target line in the installtion readme of A2WarMod.

Or should I just buy OA, can I play Red Harvest with it AND transfer my campaign status

(not necessarily saves in the mission)?

If you want OA go right ahead< i cant guarentee A2WarMod will work for OA because A2WarMod

was built for Arma2, with Arma2 addons and mods.

In all the pure awesomeness of the mods, you forgot ONE mod.

I dont wanna play without (parts) of SLX anymore!

I didn't forget it, I just never added it, and also theres other mods I didn't add because I couldn't get

permission to do so, like mando missiles, GL4, I couldn't get permission.

But If you want to add them to your game go right ahead. I'm not going to upgrade A2WarMod for one mod,

its alot of work to just add a mod, and do other stuff, I have to test it, complie it, upload it, and then I have

to get permissions, then submit links to 4-5 differnt websites, stuff takes time to do.

If however, there were a few things that were needed like to update existing addons/mods , and add a few

addons/mods to the A2WarMod then I would do that, but again it would take some time, and theres always

that chance that I wont get permission, so it 50/50 possibility, Im sure I could, but suggest what I could add,

and update if any, and I'll look into it, and consider it.

Also is there any chance to reduce the amount of smoke grenades getting popped in a firefight?

Not really, the only thing that runs for the AI to pop smoke is the VFAI mod, they reamarm themselves,

as well as pop smoke, but the userconfig for it dont have anything for the smoke, if you want to remove it

and keep only the rearming part then I suggest removing

VFAI_Smokeshell

VFAI_Smokeshell.pbo.VICFA.bisign

What version of A2WarMod do you have?

If you patched your A2WarMod to 1.2 then you should have removed the following addons

from the main A2WarMod addons folder:

Find these addons in your existing A2WarMod addons folder and remove them:

VFAI_Equipment

VFAI_Equipment.pbo.VICFA.bisign

VFAI_Smokeshell

VFAI_Smokeshell.pbo.VICFA.bisign

If you removed these addons, you would get any AI popping smoke, plus the 1.2 patch replaces VFAI

with ASR rearming, which is a better more optimized version for the same mod minus the AI popping smoke.

I said this earlier in this thread, as well as discussed the fix for the missing UH1 Venom Huey.

Any other questions let me know, I will get back to you as soon as I can< i work all day so you wont get

a response from til the evening my time central time, illinois USA, unless its the weekend then I'll get back to in no time.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Thank you for your detailed answer.

Gonna try this as soon i come home :)

Very nice compilation all in all, Good job.

But please I need to see these errors your getting otherwise all I can tell you is that its very possible your

issues are related to the 1.08 patch, and the missions you are playing.

Hmmm...basically it sounds like A2Warmod is not yet compatible with 1.08 since without A2Warmod the 1.08 works (at least the parts that didn't work with it do).

For the sake of my sanity I do not feel like reproducing the errors and my old logs are probably gone, replaced by newer ones played without A2Warmod.....I assume?

But it's good to know that I could try to downgrade to 1.07 instead, of course that requires a re-install.

Very nice compilation all in all, Good job.

Your welcome and thank you.

basically it sounds like A2Warmod is not yet compatible with 1.08 since without A2Warmod the 1.08 works

(at least the parts that didn't work with it do).

A2WarMod works for me with 1.08.

my old logs are probably gone, replaced by newer ones played without A2Warmod.....I assume?

Yes the RPT would log new stuff, but new stuff is just added to the log. The Rpt will time stamp a new addition with time date,

and your target line, so all you have to do is find the rpt, and scroll down and look for when you had A2WarMod in the target

line you should be able to see which errors, and or conflicts, i would like to see them if you have time, to see what 1.08 is doing

with A2WarMod, as well as I can tell you whats going on.

But it's good to know that I could try to downgrade to 1.07 instead, of course that requires a re-install.

Yes it does, but onyl things get deleted are the addons in the main Arma2 directory, dta, and other things,

you wont lose any other stuff.

Theres a few things that cause problems for you with A2WarMod:

-the new patch 1.08

-the mission your playing

-64bit os

-possibility of other addons conflicting with addon/mods in A2WarMod

Post your rpt and I can tell you what problem your dealing with, I'm leaning towards the patch and the mission/s.

love your work but how does the choice of OS influence a mods stability?

Thanks,

Cant really say 64bit has had its issues through the game as seen through the forums in the past year.

For the mod, its really as I said a possibilty that a 64bit could conflict with something more so on the effects aspect

stuff that needs to be rendered I would think, dont take my word for it,

its just a guess really, I just threw it out there for him.

As I know the mod works np for me and I'm running win xp 32bit.

Hmm, when I launch the game, I get an error saying include file userconfig/fnc_ballistics/fnc_ballistics_config.hpp not found.

The thing is, I have the userconfig folder, in the addon, but it still somehow can't find it.

Hello,

That error your getting is because you dont have the fnc_ballisticsfolder in the userconfig.

I have the userconfig folder, in the addon,

in the addon?

I'm missing what your saying here. Theres alot of addons for Fnc_ballistics.

With A2WarMod all config files are already preinstalled for you, all you have to do is move a few folders

to your main Arma2 directory and setup your shortcut target line.

Again thats 122 mods preinstalled for you.;)

You should have 3 folders in your main Arma2 directory that you moved to that directory, those would be :

-@A2WarMod folder

-Keys folder

-userconfig folder

if you downloaded the A2WarMod Ace compatible version then you would have another folder on top of the

3 above which happens to be:

-@A2WarModSM (sound mod)

To answer your question, go into your main Arma2 directory, and look for a folder that says userconfig

inside that folder should be another folder that says:

fnc_ballistics

if that folder is not in the userconfig folder then you will get your error:

userconfig/fnc_ballistics/fnc_ballistics_config.hpp not found.

the beginning of the error will tell you which folder (userconfig) that the file (fnc_ballistics) which inside that folder is

the (fnc_ballistics_config.hpp) that you are missing.

Keep in mind if you installed A2WarMod before the A2WarMod version 1.2 patch, your userconfig should have these folders:

-fnc_ballistics

-fnc_muzzlevelocity

-gdtmod_flares

-harcp -(only if you installed the stock Non ace version of A2Warmod)

-Inf_Stealth_Recognition

-JTD

-S_NVG

-tbr

-VF

If you installed the A2WarMod version 1.2 Patch, then your userconfig should have these folders:

-asr

-gdtmod_hdr

-Mounted_MG_Dispersion

-Pistolfied_Tracers

these 4 on top of whats listed above.

So I can only assume if the fnc_ballistics is missing then you should be having other errors as well because fnc_ballistics

was in the same folder of all the other userconfigs in the userconfig folder, then the question is,

is there a userconfig in your main Arma2 directory?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Strangely I have the same issue and my fnc_ballistics_config.hpp file is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\userconfig\fnc_ballistics folder.

Was there any more info on this?

There really isn't any more info other then having the fnc_ballistics folder in the userconfig, the fnc_ballistics.config.hpp file

has to be in the fnc_ballistics folder in the userconfig to work anyways.

This is the exact file path of the error :

userconfig\fnc_ballistics\fnc_ballistics_config.hpp

and the same path to where it is located in the Arma2 main directory, if fnc_ballistics_config.hpp is not in the fnc_ballistics folder,

and the fnc_ballistics folder with the fnc_ballistics_config.hpp file inside is not in the userconfig folder in the main Arma2 directory then you will get this error,

there is no other explanation for this.

I had done extensive testing with A2WarMod before I released, each mod was tested to see how it was worked, then tested

with the other mods that were in the A2WarMod folder thats 122 addons, and mods tested individually, and together,

and no issues or errors have come up during that time, or after.

Again to A2WarMod was tested on vanilla Arma2 patched to 1.07 (this was before 1.08 patch was released).

Any errors or issues that have been encountered have already been reported and taken account of and fixed,

which were only a couple.

I myself still play with the same setup, this is my shortcut target line when I play:

E:\Games\Arma2\arma2.exe -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@A2WarMod;@A2WarModSM;@islands

@A2WarModSM being the sound mod I built, and the @islands are islands I downloaded and play various missions I built on.

My game is patched to 1.08 since its release, and no errors come up for me.

So there must be something you guys didn't install correctly or have misplaced, or dont have setup correctly.

Theres really nothing to figure out in terms of installing A2WarMod as all the files from the download go into your

main Arma2 directory, and your shortcut changed accordingly, if that was done then I dont see how the problem is arising.

I did a test, and what I did was remove the fnc_ballistics from the userconfig and this error came up for me:

Include file userconfig\fnc_ballistics\fnc_ballistics_config.hpp not found

I put it back and no errors, and again thats using the above shortcut.

What is your shortcut Target Line by the way?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Looks like I got it sorted, I was using ArmA II Launcher, and that had worked fine for all my mods before, but I just created a new shortcut and manually edited it, and now I have no troubles.

I figured it was just something at my end, but thanks for the reply (and the excellent addon compilation) :)

Are there any mismatches in concerns of AI and things of that nature. I have SLX running, and I also intend to update mods often for better performance and visuals. Can you give me a list of mismatches in mods??? and maybe even put it in a readme file in your next showcase of A2WarMod! :D