Ya same here,

although it shows up with the Ace version but that is the Acex included in the target line that is adding it.

I am currently doing a process of elimination, i created a "hold" folder for A2WarMod just a folder to put all the addon/mods

into and then readd them and going into the editor when I do to see if it stops showing up.

this is just WarMod loaded only no ace.

so far I have went through about 1/3 of the addons/mods in warmod adding them back into the A2WarMod

addons folder and the UH1 is still showing up in the editor.

It rather perplexes me as to what makes it not show up but I will find out,

and post my reply when I do, or give you a status on where I am at.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

UPDATE

Found the culprit!

Heres what happened:

I removed all the addons/mods from the A2WarMod/adons folder and made a folder inside the addons folder named it hold,

in this folder is where all the addon/mods were placed.

Inside this same folder i created a new folder. All this done with process of elimination.

I added a bunch of addons just one sides worth, meaning if you scroll you get another page.

tested, chopper shows

Added some more ect., choppers still there, after doing this many times, I narrowed it down to a handful of proper mods addons,

kept removing and placeing them in the new folder, and findly found the addon that removed the chopper, all by removing,

and then readding the addon I found it, so I take that out and add all the other addons/mods that were still out.

Problem chopper is missing again! dammit!

So I removed all those that i added, all except the propermods addons,

tested, chopper still there,

so i narrowed it down again, the culprit was hiding in the proper mod addons (addons with proper at the end of the pbo).

added a section, chopper still there, added another chopper not there, aha!

ok so I removed a few addons at a time choppers till not showing up, and then some more , chopper still not showing,

and then some more , chopper finally shows!

Again It was narrowed down to 2 addons, well 4 if you count the bisigns. removed 1 addon chopper still not showing,

removed the last 1 chopper shows, aha! :j::D

Ok last test, I add the remaining testing 1 section at a time chopper still there, and finally all sections added, chopper is still there.

The culprit has been narrowed down and here are the ones to remove from your A2WarMod/addons folder:

DisableOnDamageSoundForHelicopters_Sound_C_Gameplay

DisableOnDamageSoundForHelicopters_Sound_C_Gameplay.pbo.PROPER.bisign

UnlimitedTransportOfWeaponsAndMagazinesInVehiclesToAvoidAmmoSpillingBug_Fix_C_PROPER

UnlimitedTransportOfWeaponsAndMagazinesInVehiclesToAvoidAmmoSpillingBug_Fix_C_PROPER.pbo.PROPER.bisign

remove those two addons and the UH1 will show up again, problem solved!

Suppose now I will have to come out with a version 1.2 so that everone is not downloading

the mod and still have the UH1 missing.

Thanks for your response to this Miller, or I would have never known the chopper is missing.

Anything else any issues, errors, whatever then dont hesistate to ask.

Edit

I reported these two addons to Kju who is the modder of the Proper mods

Edited by Gnter Severloh

UPDATE: News

Update

I am currently in the process of doing an update.

The update will replace all links to a fixed version of A2WarMod which removes the 2 addons I posted earlier,

this update is mainly for those that are going to download it A2WarMod for the 1st time.

Patch

I am also working on a Patch which will update A2WarMod to version 1.2

In this version will be updates to existing mods in the mod, as well as fixes,

and additions to the mod.

DevHeaven

Last but not least I finally had time to get setup on DevHeaven for the A2WarMod Project page,

still more to do, but the link:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2-war-mod

it is also in my sig.

Any questions, concerns, thoughts, and or ideas,

then dont hesitate to ask.

UPDATE:

The original links to download have been updated:

this version will remain 1.1

Removed:

DisableOnDamageSoundForHelicopters_Sound_C_Gameplay

UnlimitedTransportOfWeaponsAndMagazinesInVehiclesToAvoidAmmoSpillingBug_Fix_C_PROPER

addons as they prevented the UH1 Venom in the editor from showing up in the list under air units

Theses new links are for those who have not downloaded A2WarMod when it was 1st released.
Download:

A2WarMod w/HARCP

ZIP FILE:

https://www.4shared.com/file/HJqUUWJf/A2WarMod.html

INSTALLER

https://www.4shared.com/file/Sw0vVQ9L/A2WarMod.html

ARMAHOLIC DOWNLOAD:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12254

A2WarMod ACE Compatible Version

ZIP FILE:

https://www.4shared.com/file/aFCZu8e_/A2WarMod_ACE_Compatible.html

INSTALLER FILE:

https://www.4shared.com/file/EJ1tNT8t/A2WarMod_ACE_Compatible.html

ARMAHOLIC DOWNLOAD:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12344

In the A2WarMod ACE compatible version there is a sound mod I put together that requires ACE.

This Ace Compatible version will not have HARCP in it.

NOTE: A2WarMod was built and tested on Arma2 v.107

For all others that already have A2WarMod reg, or ACE compatible version, then refer to below:

remove these two addons and the UH1 will show up again!

DisableOnDamageSoundForHelicopters_Sound_C_Gamepla y

DisableOnDamageSoundForHelicopters_Sound_C_Gamepla y.pbo.PROPER.bisign

UnlimitedTransportOfWeaponsAndMagazinesInVehiclesT oAvoidAmmoSpillingBug_Fix_C_PROPER

UnlimitedTransportOfWeaponsAndMagazinesInVehiclesT oAvoidAmmoSpillingBug_Fix_C_PROPER.pbo.PROPER.bisi gn

these 2 pbos will be loacted in A2WarMod\ addons folder

Be sure to delete the bisigns that are with them.

I will be updating the WarMod website with these new links, as well as Armhaolic, and Armed Assault Info sites.

After this is completed which will be today, then my next small project for A2WarMod is the upcomign patch

I mentioned in my previous post, which I'm hoping to have completed and release before November.

Again, any questions, concerns, thoughts, or even ideas, then dont hesistate to reply.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Günter Severloh:

i really enjoy your mod, I do have a simple question, How do I setup my target line. I use the following.

@cba;@ace;@acex;@warmod;@warmodsounds;@gl4;@slx_wounds

Gunter: been looking at your mod in much greater detail so I was wondering what's the performance overhead of the HARP mod?

Hey guys,

to answer your questions

i really enjoy your mod, I do have a simple question, How do I setup my target line. I use the following.

@cba;@ace;@acex;@warmod;@warmodsounds;@gl4;@slx_wo unds

There is a readme included with A2WarMod download, as well as many other things with A2WarMod, A2WarMod being

a large compilation mod you should seek a readme, thats why its included.

with alot of mods not installing something correctly will make things not work, and Im not talking about 1 mod your

installing, your installing 117+ mods in 1 mod format.

These are all the folders in the Ace compatible download for A2WarMod:

@A2WarMod---this needs to be in the main Arma2 directory

@A2WarModSM---this needs to be in the main Arma2 directory

A2WARMOD READMES---readmes for A2WarMod that tell you howe to install,

as well other inportant info

EXTRAS---just avatars, desctop icons, and wallpapers

Keys---this needs to be in the main Arma2 directory

Mod Readmes---readmes of the mods in A2WarMod

Userconfig---this needs to be in the main Arma2 directory

but the way you have it named it wouldn't work because you have it as @warmod;@warmodsounds.

With mods you cannot rename the mod in the target line to something else, unless you changed the

name of the mod folder in the Arma2 directory to the same name.

@Warmod is what what was used for Armed Assault, for Arma2 WarMod is A2WarMod.

A2 stands for Arma2.

But you will need to have it look like this or the mod wont load, and again unless you renamed

the folder in the main directory.

-nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@A2WarMod;@A2WarModSM

you can use these -nosplash -world=empty

command startup perameters if you wish but you still need to have:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@A2WarMod;@A2WarModSM

so for the other stuff you have, your target line should look like this:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@ACE;@ACEX;@A2WarMod;@A2WarModSM;@gl4;@slx_wo unds

what's the performance overhead of the HARP mod?

All depends on whats going on in your mission, the mod when you start your mission has to initlize, and if

your mission is big with lots of action, AI ect,. then it can take up to 5 min to initilize, once it initializes,

then it runs fairly smooth, I haven't noticed any differences in performance other then just the initilization startup.

I dont use the mod anymore as I use

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@ACE;@ACEX;@A2WarMod;@A2WarModSM

with @A2WarModSM you dont need Harcp as the sounds from HIFI, and ACESM together make sounds

that seem more relaistic and also have a similer efect without initilizing, but of course you need ace to use it.

But theres really no performace hit that I can see. If you like it with A2WarMod then great keep it in,

if not then remove all the HArcp pbos and bisigns in the A2WarMod addons folder and thats basically it.

Any more questions then let me know, I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Do you need to use @CBA_A2 if you have Arma Combined Ops? I been having a hard time trying to get AI to search buildings.

From the CBA readme:

For Combined Operations (ArmA II and Arrowhead installed together):

-mod=@CBA

For a standalone Operation Arrowhead:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

For ArmA II only (people without Arrowhead):

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

A2WarMod Patch V 1.2

Description:

An Update which includes fixes, updates, and additions to the A2WarMod Arma2 Compilation Mod

Features:

- texture replacement addon that replaces the sky textures to give you a consistent horizon and removes the painted-on mountains.

- Fireteam HUD that Provide situational awareness on where your fireteam members are and what their orientation is.

- HDR reducing effects by adjusting the aperture

- user able to set the AI dispersion for all mounted MG's in the game, both static and on vehicles.

- tracers and tracer pattern modification for all weapons that use 556x45, 545x39, 762x51,

and 762x54 rounds.

- AI able to use grenade launchers like the M203 and GP-25. (Fix & updated)

- AI units able to equip themselves with weapons and ammo (new version)

- 100+ faces in Arma2 available to choose in your player profile, each with 6 camo variants,

giving a total of over 700 faces to choose from

- AI_Range increased the AI effectiveness to its maximum capability,

with its only decreases in the AI's super accuracy in game, to give a more instinctive and enjoyable firefight.

- clutter on Chernarus for a better view and a very small performance boost.

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.4shared.com/file/S7G69Tsz/A2WarMod_Patch_v_12.html

ARMAHOLIC

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12479

ARMED ASSAULT INFO

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=4702&game=1

============================================

============================================

CREDITS

A2WarMod Patch v 1.2 2010

DMarkwick

Dslyecxi

HeinBloed

Mysteryman5150

Pistolfied

Robalo_AS

Rommel

Sgt.Ace

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hi Günter

Downloaded the prior version a couple of days ago - an amazing compilation, a couple of SP missions I'd played more-or-less vanilla (except for GIB_Copy_Stance, JTD Fire & Smoke & VopSound 2.1) were strikingly different in gameplay with A2Warmod - harder but much more fun :yay:

Downloading the new version as I type this.

Excellent work, especially for scripting-clueless new players like me. Should definitely be included in any Noobie thread compilation as a must-try.

Kudos to all involved.

Am I correct in thinking that if I wanted to add another mod - e.g., GDT's NVG mod - all I would have to do is drop the .pbo & .bisign files into the A2Warmod folder for it to run with all the others (especially as there's no config file to worry about for that mod)?

Tschuss

Carl

Hey Carl thanks very much,

All the work for the mod was done by me, I do have a good friend of mine that posts occasionally on these forums that did my sig,

the banner and graphics for the website, as well as all the stuff in the EXTRAS folder that came with the download of A2WarMod.

Am I correct in thinking that if I wanted to add another mod - e.g., GDT's NVG mod - all I would have to do is drop the

.pbo & .bisign files into the A2Warmod folder for it to run with all the others (especially as there's no config file to worry about for that mod)?

Yes that will work if a mod or addon has just a pbo or bisign then put them into the A2WarMod addons folder, and all should be good.

If any mod has a config, like a userconfig then put the userconfig with the userconfig.

As for the GDT's NVG mod, if you are going to use that, you may want to see if will have conflicts with

a mod already in A2WarMod which is the:

* Fixed Range Nightvision

by sholio

Description:

The default high dynamic range while using nightvision in the game is somewhat faulty.

Most of the time you can use it fine, but in some cases it becomes almost unusable.

A light source in view makes the entire screen black or draws a contrast that makes gameplay impossible.

This addon allows disabling the stock hdr engine in nightvision and allows manual adjustment of NVG exposure.

You can configure the addon to your preferences at

arma2 installation folder>\dta\S_NVG\S_NVG.hpp

So essentially this is a port of my [page=http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2989]addon for arma1[/page].

Differences to A1 version:

* It is now disabled by default - A2 HDR is greatly improved from A1, but still has some issues,

so this addon needed to be made.

* Much cleaner code.

* Uses A2's new displayEventHandlers, so key conflicts should be gone.

* Put key assignments and default setting in the file \dta\S_NVG\S_NVG.hpp, so those who don't

like the defaults can change it

Included files:

S_NVG.pbo

If you get no issues with that mod then it should work.

Every mod i add to A2WarMod when I was doing the first compilation I tested individually, and then together

with the ohter mods looking for any conflcits or errors, even checking the RPT on occasion.

The testing and waiting for the acceptacne of permissions is what take the longest.

Thanks again.

Hello) I use your A2WarMod ACE Compatible Version! I need this patch? or it only for A2WarMod normal.

(sorry for bad english)

Hi Keshman

You can apply the patch to the Ace compatible version too, there should be no conflicts.

The patch has a couple of fixes and updates for existing mods, as well as additions in A2WarMod so it would be a good thing to patch it.

I did forget to mention now that I think of it when I made the post for the patch is:

Find these addons in your existing A2WarMod addons folder and remove them:

VFAI_Equipment

VFAI_Equipment.pbo.VICFA.bisign

VFAI_Smokeshell

VFAI_Smokeshell.pbo.VICFA.bisign

Why remove them?

because the patch contains a new version of that mod not made by Victor who made the VFAI.

==edit==

Links for patches from:

ARMAHOLIC

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12479

ARMED ASSAULT INFO

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=4702&game=1

first page updated and patch post updated.

===========================

Also A2WarMod is now on :

Arma2Base.De

A2WarMod http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2766

A2WarMod Ace Compatible http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2783

Thanks to Miller

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hey Carl thanks very much,

All the work for the mod was done by me, I do have a good friend of mine that posts occasionally on these forums that did my sig,

the banner and graphics for the website, as well as all the stuff in the EXTRAS folder that came with the download of A2WarMod.

Hi Günter

All excellent. Phew, that must have been a lot of work for one person.

I found one oddity with the prior version:

Playing the SP mission 'Battlefields' - (in which, with Warmod, BLUFOR gets rapidly wiped out even on 'regular' :eek: ) I picked up an RPG18 from a fallen comrade. Then I came across a fallen officer so I grabbed his AK107 PSO. The launcher & missile vanished, I got 12x AK mags instead. By vanished I mean precisely that - the launcher & missile were neither on the ground nor in the 'Gear' menu for the corpse which I was looting. Somewhat annoying as a few minutes later I was blown away by a CDF BMP I had seen approaching. I'll see if that repeats with version 1.2. Almost as bad as the way your ammo disappears into the ether when one picks up a dropped launcher in GL4 unless you've got adequate slots free...

With v1.2

I get a consistent script error with both of thomsonb's A2 Flashpoint missions. On starting a game & at intervals during play, I see a script error (line breaks as per display)

'...se "CARGO": [

if ([x,(getMagazineCargo 1#1_co) select 0)

call asr_vfai_fnc_found error missing

File x\asr\addons\vfai\fncequipment_AI.sqf line 62

(sorry, but this may not be exact - the message only appears briefly in a less-than-perfectly-readable format).

On suspending either game there is an in-game error box

"Resource start not found"

On these & a couple of other missions I launched just to see what happened, there is occasionally another script error that shows very briefly aas the game starts - seems to be the same File

x\asr\addons\vfai\fncequipment_AI.sqf referring to line 35.

Doesn't stay on screen long enough to read properly. Is there a way of dumping script error messages to a file other than say Print Screen with Gadwin or similar app?

Running XP Pro 5.01.2600 multiprocessor free, SP3, A2 v1.07 or beta 1.7.72.588. The A2Warmod v1.2 error (line 62) above occurs in both. Downloading latest patch now while the curries cook.

Thanks for the response on the GDT mod - actually I tried it, doesn't seem to run.

Cheers

Carl

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Hi Günter

Saw your later post, must have arrived in the forum during various trips to the kitchen while composing my last post. Removed:

VFAI_Equipment

VFAI_Smokeshell

& still got the same error.

Ciao

Carl

All excellent. Phew, that must have been a lot of work for one person.

Ya for the A2WarMod it is alot of work 2 months worth.

The Arma 1 version took longer, about 3 months, as it was the 1st time I made a compilation.

I picked up an RPG18 from a fallen comrade. Then I came across a fallen officer so I grabbed his AK107 PSO.

The launcher & missile vanished, I got 12x AK mags instead. By vanished I mean precisely that

Weird, I dont get that in my game, I'm only playing Arma2 with 1.07 you sure your not playing a mission that has a

cleanup script in it where dead bodies and weapons get removed?

Because i use one in my coops for missions I built and My buddies and I play together and I get about 60 sec to

gather weapons and ammo if needed before they all dissapeer.

'...se "CARGO": [

if ([x,(getMagazineCargo 1#1_co) select 0)

call asr_vfai_fnc_found error missing

File x\asr\addons\vfai\fncequipment_AI.sqf line 62

I think its conflicting with the thomsonb's A2 Flashpoint missions.

by itself in Arma2 edited missions I build I get no errors, so its mission related.

If anything I would contact Robalo_AS

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=39191

he is the maker of that mod maybe he could better tell you.

Are you playing on Arma2 or CO?

Thanks for the response on the GDT mod - actually I tried it, doesn't seem to run.

Welcome, For the GTD mod you may have to remove the other mod, and test it that way, and then test them together,

if they are both doing something for night vision then it is very possible that one maybe overriding the others features, or function.

But I would contact Rob about those errors as he would know what may be conflicting. As far as the patch is

concerned I tested each addon/mod indivdually, and then together, and then together with A2WarMod regular

and with the Ace compatible version, and I dont get any errors, or issues, all runs smooth.

If your runnign CO you may have issues, as there are only so many few addon/mods in A2WarMod that

work in CO or OA, but its was buitl for Arma2.

Keep in mind too that A2WarMod needs CBA to run as the majority of the mods in A2WarMod require CBA,

I'm sure most of you guys know this, but for the new folks keep this in mind.

Hope that helps.

Any more questions, thoughts, or ideas, then dont hesitate to ask.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Dunno whether it has a clean-up script. Don't think that's the issue - I had no trouble picking up the RPG-18, it was in my gear inventory when I got to the officer.

Could be right about thomsonb's missions, I'll see whether it happens on any of a random selection of other SP missions.

I'm running A2 standalone.

Heh, always run CBA 'cos I love the very first mod I downloaded, GIB_Copy_Stance.

Food calls, I'm seriously hungry & guests arrive at 8 so signing off for tonight. A Goan duck vindaloo, chicken dhansak, & a cauliflower/pea/spinach curry with a chestnut mushroom green masala pulao. First time I've had the opportunity to cook a serious meal for almost two weeks. Will feed four starvelings with enough left to freeze a couple of meals' worth.

Ciao

Carl

A Goan duck vindaloo, chicken dhansak, & a cauliflower/pea/spinach curry with a chestnut mushroom green masala pulao.

mmm send me a plate whe you get done, :p

Great, thanks Günter Severloh

ArmA2Base.de Mirror:

A2WarMod Patch v1.2

required

A2WarMod Patch v1.1

Kind regards

Miller

Thanks Miller, be sure to put a note on the page about what I posted earlier:

VFAI_Equipment

VFAI_Smokeshell

Why remove them?

because the patch contains a new version of that mod not made by Victor who made the VFAI.

Thanks Miller, be sure to put a note on the page about what I posted earlier:

VFAI_Equipment

VFAI_Smokeshell

Why remove them?

Ah OK thanks. Fixed :)

mmm send me a plate whe you get done, :p

Heh, sorry, we gobbled the lot! :satisfied:

OK so I ran a few tests this morning after finding out about .rpt files.

Firstly, GIB_Copy_Stance (v3.something, can't get the v4 key version to work) does not work with A2WArmod, whether loaded before or after in the string (using beta 1.07.71750 or release v1.07). Works fine without A2Warmod. No entry in the action menu. This is a major drawback AFAIAC, GCS is perhaps my favourite addon.

So, I ran some standard BIS A2 missions so that if anyone wants to look for themselves they'll have the requisite files immediately to hand.

Started with 01 Trial by Fire. A2W breaks this mission. The chopper never lands, it justs flies back & forth shooting at some (but by no means all) of the defenders. Defenders never fire a shot back. I expect that at least some user missions will break similarly. Not as bad as the way GL4 breaks missions, however. Jelliz' "Cannon Fodder" plays better in A2W than vanilla (team leader more cautious?) but GL4 breaks it completely. Want a chuckle? Try cannon Fodder with GL4. You start in an unusual position, in more ways than one :omg: Once you escape, the mission fails as the team leader never moves far from the start position.

I would love to play a mission written specifically for A2W (hint, hint), BTW.

Tried 03 Counterattack. Idiot commander got his team reduced to me even more quickly than in vanilla. Friendly BMP attacked enemy BMP with machine gun while enemy BMP massacred team. BLUFOR AT guys never fired a shot (hmm, I see this behaviour in a number of missions even without A2W - AT on BLUFOR side seem very slow to react to enemy armour).

Also launched (but did not play through) Flashpoint Utes.

The .rpt files range from about 200 KB to almost 900 KB. I can post them but a lot is very repetitive especially long lists of errors in sar_krik, vfai (mostly but not all re line 62) , & (in Counterattack) harcp_sys_dss.

Haven't looked in detail yet but there are in one or the other or both games errors in warfxpe (specifically

warfxpe\particleeffects\config.cpp/WeaponFireGun.size: Cannot update non array from array

warfxpe\particleeffects\config.cpp/WeaponCloudsGun.size: Cannot update non array from array )

JTD Fire & Smoke (in Counterattack only):

[7477,190.365,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

Serialization of Display variables is not implemented

Serialization of Display variables is not implemented

Addon jtd_fireandsmoke (entry birdscube) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon vops_c_guns (entry TruckHorn) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon vops_c_guns (entry TruckHorn) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon jtd_fireandsmoke (entry firemarkerinv) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon jtd_fireandsmoke (entry firemarkervis) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon jtd_fireandsmoke (entry firemarkerinv) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon jtd_fireandsmoke (entry firemarkervis) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon ricmodmi24 (entry Mi24_V) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon ricmodmi24 (entry Mi24_D) not found in the list of active addons.

& in both, long lists of missing houses, e.g.

House not found in the list

House 160eb000# 7335: lhd_2.p3d (to) not found in the operative map

Please let me know if this helps or is useless noise!

Happy to do some more or better testing (LMK how) if you like.

Ciao

Carl

Thanks for the feedback Carl,

I would love to play a mission written specifically for A2W (hint, hint), BTW.

Just come on our server.

Our put some stuff down in the editor, thats what I do, I usually never play anything other then what I build myself,

and if i do, I end up editing that mission. If you dont know your way around in the editor I can walk you through it if

your interested, I did this with another guy the other day, Mac is his name, and he came onto my vent for an evening and I showed him the basics.

BLUFOR AT guys never fired a shot (hmm, I see this behaviour in a number of missions even without A2W - AT

on BLUFOR side seem very slow to react to enemy armour).

Thats mission related, A2WarMod in reposne to whatever scripts in the mission, When i test Warmod I do mulitiple tests

on various mission settings, mostly in the editor, and the tests usally never fail.

I dont have any trouble on my end, only troubles that come up is when a mission is playing and you'll get a debug error,

something stupid like something is missing even though its there, nothing mission breaking.

long lists of errors in sar_krik, vfai (mostly but not all re line 62) , & (in Counterattack) harcp_sys_dss.

Sar_krik is the Dynamic Shouts, that could be conflict with Harcp.

VFAI should be taken out because A2WarMod Patch 1.2 updates the A2Warmod with a newer version--->

VFAI_Equipment

VFAI_Smokeshell

Harcp is also optional, keep in mind nothing is set in stone in WarMod if theres something you dont like then remove it.

You should try the A2WarMod sound mod I put together, but of course you will need Ace core files for it, and remove HArcp files.

Alot of these errors are What I believe to be are debug errors, they are mission related, unless the mission your playing dont work,

or errors are coming up that say your missing this or that, and its breaks the mission where you cant play it then the RPT will come in very useful.

I see quite a few errors on my server RPT, especially last night when I was trying to get I44 and the beta to run on the server,

I did get it to run, but theres alot of things in the RPT that is really just logging whats going on, like loading,

I'm sure someone else can explain it better but look for specifc things if your mission isn't running correctly, like not playing.

Get into the editor, build your own stuff, if you want and are interested I'll show you,

I always got time for friends.

Thanks for the feedback Carl,

Just come on our server.

Our put some stuff down in the editor, thats what I do, I usually never play anything other then what I build myself,

and if i do, I end up editing that mission. If you dont know your way around in the editor I can walk you through it if

your interested, I did this with another guy the other day, Mac is his name, and he came onto my vent for an evening and I showed him the basics.

Sar_krik is the Dynamic Shouts, that could be conflict with Harcp.

VFAI should be taken out because A2WarMod Patch 1.2 updates the A2Warmod with a newer version--->

Hmm - I already removed those files (see last night's posts). I've just checked the folder and the only "VF..." file in there is VFLadder. Also checked the launcher & all that's selcted is CBA, CBA_A2, & A2Warmod, yet (as I left "show script errors" on) a quick test, again using Spirited Machine's launcher, showed it was loading vfai. I removed the "@" from the separate modfolder for asr_vfai (I use it in other configurations, it's a very good addon) & relaunched. Although asr_vfai didn't show in the list of mods, and isn't in the "Addon_Structure" xml file, the damn thing launched again.

Launching the A2Warmod from the command line worked fine. Something odd in the launcher so forget the vfai errors - indeed I'll rerun all the tests, maybe tomorrow evening, using command line strings.

I have been using VopSound_2.1 so I'll use that as a replacement & see what happens, i.e., if the errors repeat.

Get into the editor, build your own stuff, if you want and are interested I'll show you,

I always got time for friends.

:cheers:

Thanks Günter, that's really fine. Actually, I didn't play much today because apart from non-game tasks I was downloading the BIS tools plus tutorials & guides precisely to try & design a mission. I have 2 ideas that are a bit different from those I've seen - but which are probably w-a-a-a-y too ambitious to start with! May I PM you brief outlines?

Ciao

Carl

I've just checked the folder and the only "VF..." file in there is VFLadder.

Ok you got the Vfai equip, and smoke then, the ladder addon is good, that shouldn't give you trouble.

I was downloading the BIS tools plus tutorials & guides precisely to try & design a mission.

Excellent, if you have an imagination and like to build stuff the editor is the place to be,

I'm in it so much thats all I ever launch when i get ingame, sometimes I have two editors running at the same time ;)

I have 2 ideas that are a bit different from those I've seen - but which are probably w-a-a-a-y too ambitious

to start with! May I PM you brief outlines?

Ya by all means. If your just starting out I would highly reccomend something easy and small to get

used to the controls and the functions.

Sometimes a tutorial is no substitute for actual hands on with a personal guide.

I personally enjoy showing new players how to get about in the editor, and usually have time for it.

as I mentioned before I had shown mac the very basics the other night and hes off making his own stuff.

Quite a few things we covered too, he now knows:

-controls moving around, zooming, delete, copy n paste, simple copy n paste tricks

- how to place units, edit them

- group units, ungroup

- create waypoints, triggers, and edit them

- using markers

- creating templates

- how to create objectives with markers

- how to create hints, and make them come up at certain times

- how to load a vehicle and chopper with inf squad move disembark and move to a position

- how to setup reinforcements, waypoint syncs, and or timed

still alot of other stuff to cover yet like the mp editor,respawn, descriptions scripts, cleaner script,

patrol scripts, folder setup, setting up ammo crates with custom weapons and ammo,ect.,

If your up for it and have time I wouldn't mind walking you through the editor,

we can hook up on my ventrilo, and go from there. whatever you want to do.

Edited by Gnter Severloh