Sign in to follow this  
{Op4}Bsilenced

Ace Warfare

Cheers guys,

count me in ;)

Excellent! :D

First beta version for testing out soon! We'll host a test game on UTF Server #2 (filter for UTF in MP) with a password perhaps tonight or tomorrow.

If people want to keep their finger on the pulse of this project a little more, register here at urbantaskforce.net for access to our forums & Teamspeak.

If folks want to help play test, get in touch.

I'll shout here as soon as something's ready.

FATMAN chiming in here. Thanks to Tav and Schmidt for taking the initiatives and a special thanks to Benny and others who really deserve much appreciation. ArmA was designed for folks like those who code and mod the game for the players. Schmidt's passion is to take an already excellent Benny Warfare and couple with something that will surely be fun. When it is in good testing I'll look to work on some useful articles (along with others) to help people look for the useful tips and tricks to enjoy the most out of the game. I started articles a few months back, but got sidetracked:man3:

To avoid lop-sided weapons selection (US 150 assault weapons, RU/TAK 75 assault weapons), I've balanced the weapons for each side according to today's real life standards.

So, if the US has a weapon which was also built for export by the manufacturer, and other nations use it today, then the OPFOR side will have it too. This evens things up a bit.

For example, the MG36 was built by HK in Germany for export only.

Great initiative!

IMHO balancing Bluefor and Opfor has been a major weak point of all warfares up to date.

Parity in ability at the different upgrade levels will be tedious to achive, but very much worth it.

Cheers

Crusader

To avoid lop-sided weapons selection (US 150 assault weapons, RU/TAK 75 assault weapons), I've balanced the weapons for each side according to today's real life standards.

So, if the US has a weapon which was also built for export by the manufacturer, and other nations use it today, then the OPFOR side will have it too. This evens things up a bit.

For example, the MG36 was built by HK in Germany for export only.

Don't forget even if a weapon is exported, not every state will get them unlike France who sells to everyone who pays their price ;)

Normally only partners get such weapons.

MG36: (MG—Maschingewehr or "machine gun") light machine gun version of the G36 equipped with a heavy barrel for increased heat and cook-off resistance. The MG36 and MG36E are no longer offered by H&K.

I tried to look for other sources to see if it's true. You might want to look further into this matter. Imo no eastern state would equip less cost effective weapons to their armies, at least not the regular armies, special forces are of course always an exception, far from regular. Nothing beats the AK series in price and reliability ( at least for their purposes ).

Look at users. Not much OPFOR there. And not mucg MG36 either, if any. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_G36#Users

Thanks for the info Enforcer,

I'm not going to make it ultra-realistic, just balanced. Only if i have some knowledge/proof of that weapon being used anywhere other than it's originating country will i add it to OPFOR. I trying to balance within good reason, without making it stupid ;)

I surely don't have to say how a very poor selection of weapons OPFOR has. A line has to be drawn with one thing in mind - Gameplay Balance.

With the added ACE weapons there is the possibly of making the weapons for both teams almost even, without upsetting the realism or the immersion.

Come and help beta test and see what you think. (Open offer to everyone)

I surely don't have to say how a very poor selection of weapons OPFOR has.

I don't know if it's really a saying. But a friend of mine told me that he read it in connection with a russian ( proly in a book )

No matter what weapon you have, the important thing that it kills!!

Something along those lines.

Just keep it in mind, if a player wants to get BLUFOR guns he should just go to their side or kill one and take over the equipment ;)

I don't mind playing OPFOR, we often go there because they don't have 1 mio M4 clones to choose from. A simple AK47 is more than enough for my buddy and me in most cases :)

I've done the weapons, still doing the ammo though. My buddy has almost completed the loadouts and some tweaking here and there.

Once the ammo is done and i've double-checked the configs and scripts, we will have a test version.

The more testers I have, the faster a complete version can be released.

Please sign up to the UTF forums here to get involved.

(All you have to do is play the mission with us and report bugs.)

Registration won't work for some reason.

I'll try to get involved anyway.

UTF Server - when?

Registration works just fine. You do not need to register to join our Teamspeak server.

I think it would be best to organise a test session for next weekend - i'll confirm a time at sometime during the week.

I doubt this weekend will produce a beta version as we're a bit a bit behind due to real life getting in the way of mission making...

I'll post a brand new thread regarding this mission (which has nothing to do with Bsilenced's version) once the beta version is ready.

I would be happy to do some beta testing if you need me.

Cheers dude, all help welcome!

Edited by Tavish

I'm new to the Warfare mission in general, but when I'm commander and choose to build buildings, they don't appear! It takes my money away, and more building options open up, but no building appears after placing.

Are there any required addons I may not have? Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm new to the Warfare mission in general, but when I'm commander and choose to build buildings, they don't appear! It takes my money away, and more building options open up, but no building appears after placing.

Are there any required addons I may not have? Any help would be much appreciated.

Yes, there are required mods. This Warfare mission requires Advanced Combat Enironment (ACE) mod found here.

Try downloading the latest Benny's Edition Warfare from here. This is the the original mission that requires no mods. I recommend playing this first if you are new to BE Warfare.

We're definitely interested in testing...in fact I had started modding Warfare BE for ACE compatibility already myself. Don't suppose you'd be comfortable sending me a .pbo that we can test on our server? It's a private server than only people I know play. We are running ACE 1.6 final.

EDIT: Ok, sad news, the guru in the UTF behind the main bulk of the ACE Warfare mission has too much work at the moment and can't dedicate any time to Arma. Sorry to get all your hopes up for something being released soon, nobody foresaw this. It's currently about 50/60% complete.

So, if anybody is clever with scripts and bugfixing, then please get in touch and we can get this beast of a mission released asap.

The UTF website is currently moving home, however, you can still register at our forum - here - and say Hi if you want to help us out.

I'd still like to organise something for this weekend, whether it's a discussion regarding the mission (or hopefully even some testing) or even some good old gaming. I will be available from say 4pm GMT this saturday until late. Hope to see some of you then.

Edited by Tavish

We have got the ball rolling again and will have something very soon. Sorry for any confusion.

We now have a dedicated forum for ACE Warfare Discussions and for any ACE Warfare Bugs. Changelog here.

^^^^This is the place to go with ideas and bug reports^^^^

New UTF website and forums are now live as well.

Thanks to those who have dropped by to say hi, please do so again soon.

Edited by Tavish

thx a lot for working on this , cant wait the result.

Ok, since nobody bothered to participate in testing the mission, and only a single person is interested in the mission itself, I'll discontinue development and remove the links for the beta.

Looks like TheCrusader, Demolition man, Joehunk and a few others didn't care enough about the mission to sacrifice about one hour of gametime to testing a mission by playing it.

Sorry I was unable to show up for testing; last week was the Thanksgiving holiday and I was very busy with family. Sorry to hear you are discontinuing development.

I have already taken the beta version and started to modify it some, so I'll go ahead and pick it up. I enjoy playing Warfare with ACE enough that I think I'll have the juice to continue developing it for a while whether or not we have any testers show :)

I posted about the server we have running with our test version here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110655

I had not planned on releasing my version since I was just going to take what you guys had when you released it and maybe mod it a little, but now that you guys are stopping development I will probably put my version up for release.

We've played it for a few nights and it seems to at least be stable. I took a minimalistic approach to the port to just get stuff up and running. I am sure there are lingering balance issues I will have to hammer out.