Sign in to follow this  
Viking_NFS

NorFor Project - Norwegian Military Forces Project V1.0

NEW OPTIONAL WOODLAND UNIFORM PATCH RELEASED

I was looking through the addons in the editor today, and found that I was unhappy with the color of the woodland uniforms. They seemed too new-looking, and almost cartoonish when compared to other addons and original game units.

Moreover, I felt they did not blend in with the overall "gray" theme of the game.

Therefore, I desaturated all woodland uniform textures to make them more subdued.

I think they came out rather nicely.

woodlandpatch.th.jpg

I unfortunately have no before and after photos with the soldiers side by side, so you will have to compare the above photo with the ones from this thread.

If you want to see the difference before and after in-game, just install ONE of the .pbo files from the patch (for example nom_norsof.pbo - the special forces soldiers) and compare it to the other soldiers from the original release (in this case the regular soldiers). There is quite a difference.

(SEE BOTTOM OF FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD FOR THE DOWNLOAD LINK)

Edited by Viking_NFS

Thx for the patch! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

4926325.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - Norwegian Military Forces Project 1.1

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1601][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/4926325.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1559]DOWNLOAD - Norwegian Military Forces Project [/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1601]DOWNLOAD - NorFor Project - Woodland (v.Patch1) - [73.5 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1559]DOWNLOAD - Norwegian Military Forces Project [/url]

WOODLAND SOLDIERS UPDATED TO INCLUDE HOME GUARD SOLDIERS

Included are

- Soldier (Home Guard) - helmet

- Soldier (Home Guard, AG-3F2) - helmet

- Soldier (Home Guard, MP-5) - boonie

All unit models have Home Guard (HV) arm patch.

NB! This update uses ONLY the recently added, desaturated uniforms. There will be no update using the old uniform colours.

SEE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD FOR DOWNLOAD LINK

Edited by Viking_NFS

@Viking one thing that REALLY annoys me is the specops. some of the models still has black arms and the most annoying thing is that I use a head of a white male. I think its only the woodland soldiers that got this issue.

This not meant to be racist just to tell about a thing that looks pretty wierd ;)

@Viking one thing that REALLY annoys me is the specops. some of the models still has black arms and the most annoying thing is that I use a head of a white male. I think its only the woodland soldiers that got this issue.

This not meant to be racist just to tell about a thing that looks pretty wierd ;)

Yes I have noticed this myself, but I am not sure how to solve it.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

pretend that they are gloves :P

On the other hand, I can help out with both translating and voice acting, it would be rather nice actually. But only if given the scripts of things to say, and not being required to do any technical stuff :P Just translating a document and then record it. Sounds like fun!

pretend that they are gloves :P

On the other hand, I can help out with both translating and voice acting, it would be rather nice actually. But only if given the scripts of things to say, and not being required to do any technical stuff :P Just translating a document and then record it. Sounds like fun!

I appreciate the offer!

At the moment, I do not have the time (or indeed the willpower) to start a project like that.

What would be involved:

- record all the different radio and speech commands in ArmA2 into Norwegian (including editing and converting every single sound file)

- translating ever single bit of english radio and speech text into Norwegian

- we would need more than two different voices, meaning more people would have to record it all

Without a properly organised Norfor group of people who are each then given a set of commands to read into Norwegian, and someone who would be willing to translate ever text command, I don't think it is feasible.

I would be more than willing to help out with my own set of recordings and the translation if someone would like to take the lead and organise this one...

I have a problem with NORFOR mod: it corrupts crew animations in BMP-2, T-72, M1A1/A2, Shilka and Tunguska. Crew members in safe behavior mode look like shown in Oxygen. Version of mod - 1.1, tested at 1.57 stable CO patch and 1.58.0.78413 beta, with some other mods and on clean CO.

Edited by Spooky Lynx

Is this mod dead? if not, is it posible to make the weapons ace?

Buggs I notices:

Mercedis shadow is completly f***t

IVECO, when it get destroyed, then it looks the same as if it wassent (but its not entreble)

All tracked is undestructeble.

I like what you guys have done! trying to get this into my clan modpack. but Im not allowed with these buggs that makes half the mod unplayble...

Have you thought of adding this to the Withsix Launcher? I see all the other scandinavian armies are there, except for the Norwegian :) Keep up the awesome work! Til Valhall! :D

Is this project dead?

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

What do you think, was your post useless?

Please make this for Arma 3 somebody (is it possible to port it over?). I want this so bad I'm willing to pay for it.

I just talked to quakecry (his project is in the last post), and he has discontinued his own recent project.

Does anyone else get the problem where guns don't have any ammo? The G17 has no ammo and no mags on all units and the HK417 has the wrong mags and so does the G36's

Please make this for Arma 3 somebody (is it possible to port it over?). I want this so bad I'm willing to pay for it.

I just talked to quakecry (his project is in the last post), and he has discontinued his own recent project.

Perhaps we could find someone to continue what Quakecry was doing? I am severely frustrated that there are already a finished Swedish A3 mod, and not a Norwegian one. :mad:

Perhaps we could find someone to continue what Quakecry was doing? I am severely frustrated that there are already a finished Swedish A3 mod, and not a Norwegian one. :mad:

Norwegian Armed Forces Mod [NORAF]