Sign in to follow this  
Viking_NFS

NorFor Project - Norwegian Military Forces Project V1.0

sitelogo2w.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's finally done.:)

I present to you two years of work in the form of Norwegian Military Forces for ArmA2: OA and CO.

This pack is V1.0, and contains the units listed below.

There will be future updates with more vehicles and variations of existing vehicles. Hopefully also some more Norwegian-looking soldiers, but the stock ArmA2 soldiers will do for the moment.

Also I have left out missions for this release, as I don't currently have the time to make them.

Any Feedback or Questions welcome, but please check the Readme.txt first!

Til Valhall, And Enjoy!;)

UPDATE: VERSION 1.1 NOW OUT

------------------------------

Changes in version 1.1:

- Changed sound of Leopard 2 and CV90 to that of the T72

- Added server key and signed each .pbo

- Added Close Protection Officer (MP-7) under "Police"

DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW, NOTE REQUIRED ADDONS (WHICH IN TURN REQUIRE OA or CO)

Unit list:

(Some screenshots in this thread: Norwegian Forces Pack)

+ Norwegian Army Infantry in Woodland and Desert uniforms

- Telemark Batallion

- 2nd Batallion

- Armoured Batallion

- His Majesty The King's Guard, Engineer Batallion, Intelligence Batallion, Ranger Company, Border Company

+ Norwegian Naval Infantry in Woodland and Desert uniforms

- Coastal Ranger Command

+ Norwegian Special Operations Forces (NORSOF) operators in Woodland, Desert and Urban uniforms

- Recon elements

- Assault elements

- Sniper Team

- Special Boat Operators (with RHIB and Zodiac CRRC)

+ Norwegian Army Vehicles in woodland and desert variations

- Mercedes 290 light jeep

- Mercedes 290 armed "Multi"

- Iveco LMV armoured vehicle

- Hägglunds CV9030N

- KMW/MaK Leopard 2A4

- NM113 variants

- Crew (desert and woodland)

+ Royal Norwegian Air Force

- Bell 412SP (720 Sq, Special Forces Wing)

- C-130J-30 Hercules

- F-35B

- Pilots (tan and OD jumpsuits)

+ Norwegian Police (BETA work)

- Security Service Close Protection Officer

- Special Weapons and Tactics Unit Delta (Beredskapstroppen)

+ Norwegian Weaponry

- AG-3F2 Battle Rifle

- MG-3 GPMG

+ Objects

- Bell 412 SP Wreck

This pack requires:

(Operation Arrowhead/Combined Operations needed for some of these)

RobertHammer SMG Pack

RobertHammer HK 416/417 Pack

RobertHammer Pistol Pack

M4A3 with Acog & IR Laser AND M4A3 with ironsights by

Max255[PL], Jelliz and McNools V2

Special Thanks to

+ Freddern for soldier uniform textures

+ DK for Wolf, CV90 and M113 textures

+ RavenDK for MB290 Armed model

+ Pedagne MOD for Iveco LMV variants, models and textures

+ Swedish Forces Pack for Leopard 2 model

+ DDAM for CV90 model (originally by Swedish Forces Pack)

+ Vilas for AG-3F2 and MG-3 models and textures

+ RobertHammer for amazing weapons packs

+ [APS]Gnat and mankyle of the BIS forums for outstanding assistance

+ Dan for hosting

+ Tom at Patch.no for his huge armpatch collection

+ BIS for an amazing game

+ The past and present serving members of the Norwegian Armed Forces for inspiration

DOWNLOAD LINK: VERSION 1.1 FULL: NORFOR_ARMA2_V1.1.rar

DOWNLOAD LINK: PATCH VERSION 1.0 to 1.1: NORFOR_ARMA2_PATCH_V1.1.rar

DOWNLOAD LINK: WOODLAND UNIFORM TEXTURE PATCH (OPTIONAL): NORFOR_WOODLAND_PATCH_1.rar

OR

4926325.gif

Unrar into "Your game directory\@Norfor\AddOns\" and replace any files when prompted.

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - Norwegian Military Forces Project

DOWNLOAD LINK: WOODLAND HOME GUARD SOLDIERS PATCH (NEW UNIFORM COLORS FROM PATCH 1 ONLY): NORFOR_WOODLAND_PATCH_1.1.rar

Edited by Viking_NFS

Downloaded and installed. But signature files and server key is missing. I can do it myself for our server, but obviously it's not the proper way. Looking forward to testing it, since being INKP myself, ages ago :)

Awsome. Will check upon getting home :D

-k

Downloaded and installed. But signature files and server key is missing. I can do it myself for our server, but obviously it's not the proper way. Looking forward to testing it, since being INKP myself, ages ago :)

Ah, I knew something was missing. Sorry about that guys. Old (OFP) habits die hard:)

I'll sort it out as soon as I get back to the computer I have my work on, which is in a few days.

Edited by Viking_NFS

Initial thoughts after brief testing, which I enjoyed a lot and had some serious memories with :)

1) Looks of infantry classes are top notch. I get just a few config errors (missing wepons or something, although I thought I managed to get the weapons addons in right), but nothing alarming considering the amount of units.

2) Some units have attached backpacks. For medics, that's how I want it - should be equal to that of the game. But for machine gunners (imho) I think the OA standard should be used.

3) Vehicles could use some attention. They have an "old style" look, but that doesn't matter much. Shadows are quite nuts, at least on my system. But also this is cosmetics (but may be important to some). What gets to me most is when turning out, the views are often way out there, sometimes in the middle of the vehicle and without any kind of view. It's quite problematic if 3rd person is deactivated.

4) Tank sound appears to be a bit OFP'ish :p (or I've messed up something in my own sound mod) A copy & paste from a T72 would have been better. I've been woken up in the middle of the night when sleeping 10 meters from a Leo, and it was a slightly more special experience than ingame :D

Hope these comments are considered constructive. Keep in mind I value the addon high for the infantry units alone. I didn't expect them in those numbers and variations. Pleasant surprise :) Well done.

Edit: Ahh, I see now that vehicles are donated form other packs. Disregard what I've said if they have some kind of "don't fix anything" policy.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Thanks a million Armaholic for linking!

And cheers to the rest of you guys, really appreciate it!:)

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Initial thoughts after brief testing, which I enjoyed a lot and had some serious memories with :)

1) Looks of infantry classes are top notch. I get just a few config errors (missing wepons or something, although I thought I managed to get the weapons addons in right), but nothing alarming considering the amount of units.

2) Some units have attached backpacks. For medics, that's how I want it - should be equal to that of the game. But for machine gunners (imho) I think the OA standard should be used.

3) Vehicles could use some attention. They have an "old style" look, but that doesn't matter much. Shadows are quite nuts, at least on my system. But also this is cosmetics (but may be important to some). What gets to me most is when turning out, the views are often way out there, sometimes in the middle of the vehicle and without any kind of view. It's quite problematic if 3rd person is deactivated.

4) Tank sound appears to be a bit OFP'ish :p (or I've messed up something in my own sound mod) A copy & paste from a T72 would have been better. I've been woken up in the middle of the night when sleeping 10 meters from a Leo, and it was a slightly more special experience than ingame :D

Hope these comments are considered constructive. Keep in mind I value the addon high for the infantry units alone. I didn't expect them in those numbers and variations. Pleasant surprise :) Well done.

Edit: Ahh, I see now that vehicles are donated form other packs. Disregard what I've said if they have some kind of "don't fix anything" policy.

Hey Gustaffa and thanks a ton for the feedback! It's really helpful for me, so don't worry about letting me know what the bugs are!

Now to your points

1) Could you let me know what soldiers are giving you the errors and I could find out what might be causing it?

2) I can change that around no problem, I really just added backpacks to random soldiers for the sake of making them look a little more varied. I'll look into it and see what I think. Added to my to-do list.

3) I'll run through the "Turn out" options on the vehicles. The vehicles can be freely edited by me so this should be solved soon. Shadows will be looked into too. Could you please specify what vehicles have what problems? Added to list.

4) I'll check out the T72 sound and see what I think. I didn't really give the sound much thought in the heat of things, but sure that's just as important as anything! (EDIT: FIXED, THE T72 SOUNDS ARE INDEED MUCH BETTER!)

ANY FURTHER COMMENTS ON THINGS THAT NEED TO BE CHANGED PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING THREAD AS THIS IS A RELEASE THREAD:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92375&page=8

Edited by Viking_NFS

2) I can change that around no problem, I really just added backpacks to random soldiers for the sake of making them look a little more varied. I'll look into it and see what I think. Added to my to-do list.

Cant you make them use OA backpacks?

Cant you make them use OA backpacks?

The NORSOF operators use OA backpacks.

The only other "backpacks" are the normal infantry medics, which have the backpacks physically attached to the model (original ArmA2 medic model).

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Thanks this great pack Viking_NFS :smile_o:

ArmA2Base.de Mirror:

NorFor Project - Norwegian Military Forces Project

required addons

RH SMG Pack

RH HK416 Pack OA

RH Pistol Pack

M4A3 mit Acog & IR Laser OA

Kind regards

Miller

Cheers man, appreciate it!:)

Kewl, Norwegian stuff. Now i can start make a mission with kewl Norwegian stuff. I think ill call it something super-Norwegian, like "Operation Brunost", or "Task Force Ostehøvel".

Downloading now!:shine:

Let me know if you need some help with config stuff for eventual future releases:)

UPDATE: VERSION 1.1 IS NOW UP FOR DOWNLOAD (SAME LINK AS BEFORE).

Changes in version 1.1:

- Changed sound of Leopard 2 and CV90 to that of the T72

- Added server key and signed each .pbo

- Added Close Protection Officer (MP-7) under "Police"

Kewl, Norwegian stuff. Now i can start make a mission with kewl Norwegian stuff. I think ill call it something super-Norwegian, like "Operation Brunost", or "Task Force Ostehøvel".

Downloading now!:shine:

Let me know if you need some help with config stuff for eventual future releases:)

You might be sorry you said that:) Thanks for the offer!

Edited by Viking_NFS

The NORSOF operators use OA backpacks.

The only other "backpacks" are the normal infantry medics, which have the backpacks physically attached to the model (original ArmA2 medic model).

Ahhh kjempe! Misunderstanding :) To much going on for me to DL and try right now.. This is a must for me due to a friend that wants a CV90 (he is an old "storm trooper")

Congrats on the release!

UPDATE: VERSION 1.1 IS NOW UP FOR DOWNLOAD (SAME LINK AS BEFORE).

A 314MB redownload for just these changes :( (not meaning the changes are not good, contrary! )

Can you release it as a patch as well?

Edited by Guest

A 314MB redownload for just these changes :( (not meaning the changes are not good, contrary! )

Can you release it as a patch as well?

VERSION 1.1 NOW AVAILABLE AS PATCH, SEE FIRST POST

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

[/color]

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

Norwegian Military Forces Project (v 1.1) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1559

Thanks!:)

Edited by Viking_NFS

Thank you for providing a patch as well, now people who already have the full version only need to download a smaller package, saves bandwidth for everyone :)

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Cheers guys!

While I am working to fix the issues that have been mentioned, I am also taking requests as to what people would like to see in future updates of the pack.

If you have any requests, please post them in this thread.

Thanks for all the support!

Nice effort to you and your cooperative circle of friends, Viking_NFS!

Got a question, as a fellow Norwegian: Judging from the presentation in the initial release thread, presumably written by you, can one further assume, in terms of future development, that you are the lone facilotator for the NorFor Project?

Edited by Alyosha

Nice effort to you and your cooperative circle of friends, Viking_NFS!

Got a question, as a fellow Norwegian: Judging from the presentation in the initial release thread, presumably written by you, can one further assume, in terms of future development, that you are the lone facilotator for the NorFor Project?

Thank you!:)

Yes, I am the only remaining member of Norfor at this time.

All of it would not be possible had it not been for the help I have received from other mods.

On a different note, I would love it if someone took the initiative for a Norwegian Sound Mod to have Norwegian-spoken communication for the soldiers.

This was started back with Norwegian MOD for Operation Flashpoint, but never completed.

Edited by Viking_NFS

Wow, that is even more amazing of an accomplishment that you completed NORFOR on your own Viking! Hopefully others will pitch in and help you out.

:)