Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

My best friend's dad was one of the first "Spooky" pilots during the Vietnam War. Back then, it was the AC-47 Gunship, or "Puff the Magic Dragon. Will there be any C-47's included so that we can still have the equivalent to the AC-130? I do however know that the Spectre was being introduced towards the end of that conflict, so by all means we could still use it in mission making. Just a question, not a request. Thanks, and can't wait.

Mmm jumped into my Nam launcher to get back into the feel of things. Hearing the choppers thunder is nice, but in a new AO will be even better! Can't wait but will be! Hehe =3

@Raptor

No, no 47s in this download... great idea though... something for the future...

@SigintArmA

Oh boy, another person from Phoenix, AZ, eh? Good to see...

Another! :o Oh dear oh dear. Indeed I am from Phoenix xo Haha... Yay that I know AZ isn't so dead in the community XD

And yus! Must have puff! I wanna recreate the movie 'Green Berets' with John Wayne xo hehe =3

Another! :o Oh dear oh dear. Indeed I am from Phoenix xo Haha... Yay that I know AZ isn't so dead in the community XD

And yus! Must have puff! I wanna recreate the movie 'Green Berets' with John Wayne xo hehe =3

Funny... I read the puff and thought you would talking about the medicinal marajuana law that just passed... 96-degrees should be fun tomorrow...

We are representing AZ...

Offtopic: >_> Tssh, 97 is childs play :P Hehe I remember zeh days... 120+ T_T Sucks when you work outside too!

Ontopic: We should all come up to where we shall start playing when the update comes out :o So we can all have a rumble in the jungle taking on VC together in the new areas xo Yeah, yeah! Must come up with what servers will have the update and how long after it be out! :O

Before my friend's dad passed away, he would talk about Spooky and how their version of a targeting reticle was just using a grease pen on their port side cockpit window and use it for aiming as they banked port side. Just a little FYI, the name "Puff the magic dragon", contrary to what the books and stuff say, was from what the NVA and VC had come up with, because at night, the almost straight red tracers made an appearance of what they thought was dragon's fire. Hence, "Puff" and of course the destruction it left behind would create fire, thus further proof of a dragon creating it.

WOW!!, that post is old. Is that a screen shot in that guys post from OFP? I can't believe we used to play in that game and loved it, lol. I said it a few days ago, and I'll say it again. Looking at the Unsung's work and dedication, no matter what the time of development is, it has changed my mind on playing the Vietnam Era. I'll be one of the first to download it and probably find a Vietnam team to play with on a regular basis. A huge thanks goes out to the entire Unsung team, and at that point, out to all of the mod makers that have continued to make the BIS Flashpoint and ArmA series the best games I'll ever play (even with it's short-comings).

Before my friend's dad passed away, he would talk about Spooky and how their version of a targeting reticle was just using a grease pen on their port side cockpit window and use it for aiming as they banked port side. Just a little FYI, the name "Puff the magic dragon", contrary to what the books and stuff say, was from what the NVA and VC had come up with, because at night, the almost straight red tracers made an appearance of what they thought was dragon's fire. Hence, "Puff" and of course the destruction it left behind would create fire, thus further proof of a dragon creating it.

Would have been interesting to have time to speak with your friend's dad for just a day... Can't imagine what he saw and felt...

People may want to consider an FTP program for downloading the big file... that way if it times out, perhaps you can resume where you left off instead of starting over again... Just a thought... Not sure if it will help...

We timed out a few times uploading it... but using an FTP program, we just hit resume and kept moving on...

Cant wait! I sincerely hope your not pulling any april 1st prank on us :D

if this is a april 1st prank i will personaly hunt down and kill all members of Unsung, even if i have to travel over the entire world to find them, even if they try to hide in the jungles of nam i will find them :p

I assure you its no prank...

Spent too much time in the jungle for anything to be funny anymore....

..Grumbels to oneself...Guzzles Whisky from the bottle whilst washing down a hand full of pills.....

Yup it sure isn't a prank...Even though it is April Fools day

F-motherf**king-5 already... I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more huey!!

This is no prank the file has finally been uploaded. It took me two days to upload this file fighting drops/ timeouts finally I had to sit in front of the computer and babysit the upload. Uploads are always throttled back my provider dropped mine to 24k/s it was painful.

We are now coordinating with the host to make sure the file isn't corrupt and the release goes smoothly.

Edited by cj525

This is no prank the file has finally been uploaded. It took me two days to upload this file fighting drops/ timeouts finally I had to sit in front of the computer and babysit the upload. Uploads are always throttled back my provider dropped mine to 24k/s it was painful.

We are now coordinating with the host to make sure the file isn't corrupt and the release goes smoothly.

What general size a new version mod and its parts?

Wow so we are probably hours away for playing then?

Yup, uploaded... They are doing their checks to make sure the file is not corrupt. Getting closer... Press release is being put together, should be done shortly...

Hopefully, not too much longer... But keep in mind, this is a doosy of a file...

We've spent entirely too much time on this MOD to crack a prank/joke this late in the game... hehe would be funny though...

But no, we are not yanking your chains... its coming... as you can see, due to the size of the file... it is taking some time to make sure all is in order...