Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

they would be great to have a boat like the PBR,PACV.... ??

Hey guys, is there a complete list of classnames for the weapons & units available in the mod?

Cheers Andy much appreciated.

Just to check are there any plans to included seperate radios for the RTO guys? I'd like to run Arty/Extraction for the RTO i can do this easily by defining the class but obviously this means if they get killed your screwed. Id like the option of being able to define such scripts to a radio object, thereby anyone who picks up the radio can use the scripts.

Anyway just a thought....

@Eight,

CSJ had some excellent riverine addons for nam era in ofp,amongst a tonne of other stuff.CSJ wont have a great deal of time this year so it will be a matter of grabbing some stuff and bringing it upto arma specs model/tex/cfg.If you are interested to see what CSJ has built and what MIGHT be able to be ported to arma2, have a look on the ofp.info website and search CSJ as author.

I think youll be interested in what work he has done in the past.

Shadow.D.^BOB^,

There is a radio system being developed.We are hoping to have that feature in soon aswell.

Thanks All.

:)

Sounds good.... Really getting back into the Nam again :p played so much of the old SEB Nam packs for OFP, good times.

Just a quick question, has anyone managed to get DAC3 working on the nam islands? I cant get it generate waypoints, im guessing because of the sheer amount of objects. Anyway if anyone has got it working let me know, im gonna keep tweaking settings.

Go into DAC\Configs\DAC_Configs_waypoint.sqf and play around with the numbers.

Just one for the suggestion pile, if it isn't already planned.

Could we get some of the foliage in the editor? At least some of the bushes and the like? Very handy for setposing on the top & sides of bunkers etc to help break them up and prevent the player from seeing any "familiar" lines or shapes when they're walking into an ambush in a mission. ;)

Also bunker related, I noticed that on the 3 UnsungEastObject bunker types, the logs on them are showing up as white. They have texture on them (grainy woody look) but no color. I would swear that in the prior Unsung release they were brown. Is this WIP and they've been changed, or did I do something to muck up my install?

Sounds good.... Really getting back into the Nam again :p played so much of the old SEB Nam packs for OFP, good times.

Just a quick question, has anyone managed to get DAC3 working on the nam islands? I cant get it generate waypoints, im guessing because of the sheer amount of objects. Anyway if anyone has got it working let me know, im gonna keep tweaking settings.

Here's a mission by Nomad using DAC3 on SEA, works great :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113515&highlight=sweep

ANZACSAS Steve

I have found HED_Flashlight for ARMA1

http://files.tom4897.info/Bohemia_Interactive/arma/addons/misc/HED_Flashlight.7z, in README is written Description: This is a basic flashlight addon that gives all units a flashlight. It is basic because i cannot edit the soldier models yet and add a proper light source so you cant look up or down with it only move left and right and see straight in front of you. Then activate it as you would a vehicle with lights.

And in archive is Flashlight for ArmA2-OA. Mod works, but at me the error jumps out why that at game loading error size: ` requiredAddons/` not array and in the editor error size: ` list/` not an array . not start,I can understand in what a problem, I start on ARMA2CO.

For people who have trouble finding the Single player mission that can be played as sort of a campaign...

It's called Operation Lowlands, it's in your single player folder. So the folder in your root dir is called 'Missions'. That's where it is. The actual name of the file is 'UNS_SP_Operation_Lowlands.csj_lowlands'.

I do not have ArmA2-OA, don't know if it works in that. I have ArmA2 and have made and played it in that.

The way it's played is that you start on your own, you can get troops from the Co in the hut situated central of the base. Walk up to him. Ammo and weapons are west in the base, couple of crates there. Through the radio menu (0-0 something), you can use either arty or huey transport. Figure it out. The huey is south-east of the base. Get your troops in, use menu, look for a nice open piece on the map and get yourself into trouble.

There is no actual mission goal. You can do whatever you want. There's even vehicles in the base for your use. No new vehicles will be added during play, nor will there be a new huey once the old one get's shot down or crashes.

A way to make sure a clearing on teh map is actually large enough for the huey to land, is use the action "fly to and hold" instead of "fly to and land". Check the spot out, if satisfied use "fly to and land" and hey presto you in a world of sh$$. I sometimes use the arty to flatten a piece of land before i go and land. Makeshift LZ's ;)

Couple of ways to make it to the end of the mission:

- Move out of the immediate base area and back in for approx 20-25 times.

(so basically you can do 20-25 self imagined/thought up missions)

After that there will be a message your tour is over and the map will end.

- Destroy a part of the enemy's logistical objects. There's fuel depo's, weapon depo's, medical camp's, truck depo's controlled either by VC or NVA. ome of them are well camo'd up, so you would have to actually look at them to see them. Picture how a bunker would look then picture one of the depo's. Also think logically when searching for these things. If enough logistical stuff is destroyed, the map will end saying you overwon the enemy.

- number 3 to end the map is a easy one. Die. Easy one ey?

An example of a self made up mission i played many times:

I start at base, get me troops, get me weapons i want. Look at map. Pic some nice waypoints i want to move through and mark them on the map. Most of the times the waypoints i choose include a village or two. Look for a nice LZ nearby first waypoint.

Get in chopper and order it to land at the LZ. Get troops out of it, order huey back to base through radio. Now me and my team are all alone and ready to go patrol. Move out through my waypoints and basically if i spot something, i go check it, if i spot enemy i can decide to or decide not to attack, if i come across a village i can check it out thoroughly (there can be intel in villages! vc papers or something.). Then if i get to my last waypoint and all is swell and dandy still by then, i get to a nice clearing where th ehuey can land and secure teh area with my troops. I order in the huey to come and land at that clearing (radio menu). Then get my troops in, order huey back to base. Once i made it back to base, pay attention now, the actual script for the mission will tell itself you have been out of base area and back in 1 time. Now, this means you can do smae stuff for about 20 more times before map will actually end. Before i go out again, i save the mission, get all my troops if wounded healed up again at the medical hut in the base, get everybody loaded up with ammo and weaponry again, replace any KIA team members of mine by going to the base CO again. If all is well and everybody in the team happy, i once again plan a new mission. This mission may be based on intell i gathered in a previous one or a complete new one. It's really up to the player to what he wants to do.

That's how i planned this mission i made, freedom for the player in what he wants to do. And due to the fact it's up to the player in what he does during the 20-25 times he get's out and back in of the base area, it can be sorta called a campaign. But a campaign entirelly filled with missions thought up by the player himself.

Now go, go get yourself killed. As i am sure you will run into some ambush, step on some mine or wire or go rambo in some firefight. Bodybag gentlemen is my answer. :)

Walk slow, look around and when the shit hit's the fan and bullets start screaming to you from somewhere, let everybody hug the friggin ground and spray the area. hug tree's, ditches, rocks, mama san's, rice paddy's, make yourself smaller then the odd rat or snake crawling about-in fact use them for cover as well. Good luck!

Holy smokes X! Nice novel! Time to update the game to OA!!! ;)

Ok, I've been working on the view LODs for our ksobjects file. It contains various grass patches and the elephant grass found in Plei Trap and Ia Drang. I believe they have better View blocking abilities to combat the AI. Need some feedback on whether or not people think they are better themselves...

Avg encounter for me was about 150-175 meters... now it is down to 75-120 meters. Obviously depending on location... But I find this to be an improvement when testing.

Let us know...

http://www.armanam.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=437&n=last#bottom

ANZACSAS Steve

I have found HED_Flashlight for ARMA1

http://files.tom4897.info/Bohemia_Interactive/arma/addons/misc/HED_Flashlight.7z, in README is written Description: This is a basic flashlight addon that gives all units a flashlight. It is basic because i cannot edit the soldier models yet and add a proper light source so you cant look up or down with it only move left and right and see straight in front of you. Then activate it as you would a vehicle with lights.

And in archive is Flashlight for ArmA2-OA. Mod works, but at me the error jumps out why that at game loading error size: ` requiredAddons/` not array and in the editor error size: ` list/` not an array . not start,I can understand in what a problem, I start on ARMA2CO.

HED_Flashlight for ARMA1

And in archive is Flashlight for ArmA2-OA. Mod works fine ,it is possible to use it in The Unsung MOD.

hi guys,

i unpacked operation lowlands and started taking a look at iut in the editor but when i hit preview i get the following error" 'effects/' not a class " when i copy small pieces of the map over to a other map (to use small pieces as a template) i also get that error any idea as what could be causing that ?

Andy Mcnab,

Thanks for digging that up.

Supergrunt78,

Have you any other mods running?

Andy Mcnab,

Thanks for digging that up.

Supergrunt78,

Have you any other mods running?

yes hundreds, the problem only arises when i unpacked the lowlands mission and try to use parts of it will go and test if it is a addon who is creating it (just hoped that somebody already find ther problem so i didn't have to look :P )

Ok, a few new models have been updated. The CH-34, 46 and 47. 53 is almost ready to go, final stages.

Changes, not severe... but the rotors were yanked off the main model and we now use proxies for the rotors. Cleaner look and now the rotor shadows show up in game.

53 is close... OH58s are next...

http://www.armanam.com/forums.php?m=topics&s=31

I have problem with loading times. It takes an eternity to load the maps and sometimes it freezes. I use OA patch 1.56 right now.

I have problem with loading times. It takes an eternity to load the maps and sometimes it freezes. I use OA patch 1.56 right now.

add command line parameters : -exThreads=0

some news for get better the control of the aircrafts (f-100 + skyraider) in this mod?

thanks.