Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

downloading :)

Edited by jangles

Has anyone got the grenade fix and/or other error report fixes uploaded anywhere?

I would like to begin making a Warfare mission in earnest, however, I've been holding off for confirmation as to whether or not these bugs are fixed and I haven't seen any patch updates from the Unsung team either here or at armanam.com.

@Polish GI - Is it safe to assume that if any of your files at armanam.com have newer time/date stamps than the release files that they have been updated? I'd like to be able to put together a more streamlined installer package for use by my own community (I'd be more than happy to share the download links), I just want to make sure that the files included are the most current.

Also, I've been traveling for work so the time I have to read this thread fully has been limited to skimming. Did I read that there is a fix for the Vietnamese language sounds or is that still in the works?

Edited by USMCLuke

@Polish GI - Is it safe to assume that if any of your files at armanam.com have newer time/date stamps than the release files that they have been updated? I'd like to be able to put together a more streamlined installer package for use by my own community (I'd be more than happy to share the download links), I just want to make sure that the files included are the most current.

Also, I've been traveling for work so the time I have to read this thread fully has been limited to skimming. Did I read that there is a fix for the Vietnamese language sounds or is that still in the works?

Yes, that is why I put the date stamps on the webpage so you guys are aware of how recent a file is in comparison with the last large download... As you noticed, we have been putting revised files up on the website as they become available. There are different thoughts on putting together another large download or single downloads as they become available. We want to try and avoid another 1.5GB download... that was painful for us to upload and I am sure for everyone to download. So smaller 20-30-40-50-100mb files here and there is our current approach.

We are working on the corrections and once a file has been tested as far as we can, we will upload it for public distribution.

I think we got most of them outside of the island files which are obviously the biggest. But we are going to start tackling those in the near future.

Regarding the Vietnamese voices... we ARE working on it. But we taking the approach of making sure it is a solid addon. There is a lot of work that goes into this file and we want to make sure we get it right.

Hope this helps.

PGI

yup got the same thing its the so called shadow bug (if i am correct) already introduced a long time ago (since arma 1)

are you sure it isnt a messed up _as texture level (if it is too dark on the texture when it shows up ingame it will be black as if there is something there covering the area) thats what i found whe i was experimenting on my models

are you sure it isnt a messed up _as texture level (if it is too dark on the texture when it shows up ingame it will be black as if there is something there covering the area) thats what i found whe i was experimenting on my models

Is this a reference to the dark textures around the collars on the uniforms? I thought it was maybe intentional sweat stains, but it is really dark (almost black) even for that and lacks the dark texture on the actual blouse where the sweat stain would also be. I was just guessing at that, but if it's a bug it's that way on all the models for my current settings.

Here is a youtube clip of a game we played a few months ago using UNSUNG (a bit modified to work on dedicated and added ACE rucks etc.)

Enjoy!

Is this a reference to the dark textures around the collars on the uniforms? I thought it was maybe intentional sweat stains, but it is really dark (almost black) even for that and lacks the dark texture on the actual blouse where the sweat stain would also be. I was just guessing at that, but if it's a bug it's that way on all the models for my current settings.

I have the black textures too.

hey guys trying to get the soldier arm patches to work. When i put this this setobjecttexture [0,â€\uns_army\data\20eng_co.paaâ€];

this setobjecttexture [0,â€\uns_army\data\20engs_co.paaâ€]; in the lads init field i get the following error when i hit enter "invalid number in expression"

any help please?

hey guys trying to get the soldier arm patches to work. When i put this this setobjecttexture [0,â€\uns_army\data\20eng_co.paaâ€];

this setobjecttexture [0,â€\uns_army\data\20engs_co.paaâ€]; in the lads init field i get the following error when i hit enter "invalid number in expression"

any help please?

page 103 of this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108476&page=103

hi, im wondering is there a campaign for this excellent mod?

hi steve, thnaks for your reply, is that campaign in the missions or MPmissions folder, or is that in a separate download mission pack? Thanks for this excellent mod, im seeding it on torrent

Edited by maj_woody

I can't get this mod to work on our dedi.

Warning Message:

Files

"@UNS\addons\csj_ch46.pbo",

"@UNS\addons\csj_lowlands.pbo",

"@UNS\addons\csj_uh1supply.pbo",

"@UNS\addons\uns_a1j.pbo",

"@UNS\addons\uns_air.pbo",

"@UNS\addons\uns_army.pbo",

... are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

I installed the patch and added the key. Is there a newer key or something?

Please help :(

Strange is not present what updatings after 12.04.11 on http://www.armanam.com, than it is interesting developers a mod are occupied?

Also you could notify on changes of files a mod Here on the first page

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Any tricks to getting the AI to be a little less crashy in the F-100s? Seems they like to really slow down in attack runs and sometimes stalll when trying to pull up when there's hills about.

Also notice the AI landing/autopilot landing seems to be coming in short. The approach angle looks perfect, it's just they are starting it ~3-500m sooner than they should, thus landing in the jungle short of the runway. Running Combined opps if that matters/could have a hand in it.

Regardless, loving the mod. Really like the recon NVA with the foliage on them.

for me is very difficult pilot skyraider and f100 - i've reat somewhere that is possible add a script for reduce the minimum spee of flight for control better the aircraft. it's object of update or someone can help me?:confused:

@Maj woody,

Thanks for your contribution in distributing the mod.:)

The caimpaign should be in the campain's section of the game m8.

We will be updating some MP missions soon.

sxp2high,

I am unsure what that problem would be m8....Thinking...Hmm i dunno.I'll have to chat with the gang about that one.

@Andy Mcnab,

We do intend on updating this thread with the news/fixes but we have all been busy.So for the moment we will ask everyone to visit the armanam.com site for the most current of files.

@Baron Von Beer,

The F100 hadnt much, if any time at all spent on the way the ai does its attack runs,not to say there is a great deal we can do but we will hopefully get it to be a bit more efficient with its attack runs.

We'll look into the ai landing system also.

@Kilgore,

Do you mean when the ai flies the aircraft or you/player/human having trouble?

Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments.

Hearing that most people are enjoying the mod is a huge payoff for all of our hardwork.

Also,

There's more to come....

:)

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven

sorry fo my bad english.

"in primis" very thanks for your hard - hard and wonderfull work.

My pilot problems are in the editor of single player - in SEA map take-off from base its very difficult because the speed is too low or the strip is too short.

I'm the only one that have this impressions?:butbut:

thanks to all.

Edited by kilgore69

@Kilgore69,

We are all having that problem.We are looking into it m8.

@Kilgore69,

We are all having that problem.We are looking into it m8.

oh well........i'm sure that you will resolve soon.................. bye and thanks:)

Thanks for your reply ANZACSAS Steve.

I could sign them myself of course, or disable Signature check... but all Unsung server that i've found had signature check disabled. So it seems i'm not the first server admin facing that problem.

Thought you guys want to know. We just need new bisigns or the right key. :)

@Maj woody,

Thanks for your contribution in distributing the mod.:)

The caimpaign should be in the campain's section of the game m8.

We will be updating some MP missions soon.

There is an actual campaign within the mod?

Or do you mean all the different scenarios?

I haven't been able to find a campaign.

When I open up the campaign section of the game with the Mod running it only has Harvest Red, Arrowhead, Operation Black Gauntlet, and EW.

Whether probably to make that soldiers could use a small lamp(plantern)?

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Can anyone help me about the skyraider napalm?

I wrote a script wich can make you choose a napalm dropping place on the map, a minute later the skyraider comes in and dropps ONE Napalm.

Is it somehow possible to make it drop 2-3 Napalm and even tell it from which direction?

Like you place 2 makers on the map, and in this line he should drop 3 bombs between.

Woul be awesome to have a nice napalm airsupport script.

@Sweep & Major woody,

I just had a look thru the singleplayer section and couldnt see the lowlands campain/missions.

I'll have to get on to WarriorX and see what happened to his missions.Hmm,maybe the missions were added in after.I cant remember now..:)

Andy Mcnab,There was a small addon for arma1 that put a light on the human player that the player could turn off.I edited the color of the light source for myself turning it into a red light .Looked pretty cool in the jungle.We hope to get a few things like that in the mod in the future.If ya dont see it pop up in a while please mention it again as we might have forgot.We still have quite a bit to do not including bringing in updated models so it may be awhile off yet.

For now try the arma1 mod for flashlight addon.I cant remember the full pbo name atm unfortunatly.

@Krazikilla,

The napalm weapon atm defualt ripples 1 napalm canister at a time.If you jump in the skyraider you will see how defualt is mode is ripple 1 and then you have to scroll to get ripple 2.

As far as i know there is no way to make an ai change fire modes by scripting commands.

Unless you are spawning napalm canisters you will only get an ai to fire 1 at a time.

There are some cool airstrike scripts available now i think m8.You'll just have to do a bit of research as to which script/set is suited to your needs.

You could prolly use the ingame airstrike script with the skyraider if ya keen to do some research into the modules in the game.