Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Wierd, this didn't work either. Players and AI in the players group still can't throw grenades in MP.
I didn't check the contents for validity, just corrected a common scripting mistake of sending stuff over the network when it isn't required and/or can be done much more optimized :)

@Bazz44331 check your email linked to your profile i sent ya a message a few days ago

Sav

yep i just seen it now. sent you one back.

I didn't check the contents for validity, just corrected a common scripting mistake of sending stuff over the network when it isn't required and/or can be done much more optimized :)

Ah right:)

Ok, here's what I do in my missions:

I call this piece of code on the server on mission start (requires functions manager module):

Quote:

{

[nil,_x,"loc" + "per",rEXECVM,"DIH_grenade_fix.sqf",_x] call RE;

} forEach allUnits;

DIH_grenade_fix.sqf contains the following code:

Quote:

private ["_unit"];

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit removeWeapon "Throw";

_unit removeWeapon "uns_throw";

sleep 0.1;

_unit addweapon "Throw";

_unit addweapon "uns_throw";

Cheers,

D.

This works, thanks:thumb:

unsung guys - pop into our evolution server sometime if you want to see and feel your mod working really well. it's very atmospheric and we'll look after you... even carry your pack for a bit...

Cheers eggbeast I will check it out, thanks for the invite.

@Eggbeast,Thanks for the offer m8.

I will keep an eye out for the server.I dunno about euro/aussie time differences but if i see yas in their i will join in and have a look around.I didnt mind the first few versions of evo in A1.

:)

Hey eggy, I enjoyed playing on the server some days ago, but please get it to 1.59.

More people can play that way.

-Semper Fi

ok my clan has a 24 hour server up with EVO. we have about 15 people on at most times. just type in 5th in your fliters and select server 2.

Edited by baz44331

Hello. I'm completely and totally sorry if the following questions have been asked in the prior pages but I have been unable to find them apparently after following like I have haha...

Q1- Is there any way to possibly change the faces of the Special Forces units/learn the names of the special faces? Reason I ask is I run Unsung with Combined Ops and due to the PMC patch adding more Asian faces my US Special Forces team ends up with me being the only soldier with camo paint. I've tested changing the faces of units with 'this Setface "Face11";' and nothing happens.

Reason I ask is if the faces on SF/LRRP/MFR are 'Set in stone' and can't be manually altered but the engines 'Race Randomization' still has an effect, making you the only guy with camo on his face. And if they are not then possibly learning what the special faces are named?

Q2- Soldier patches (Not Unit ones from squad URL I mean such as 'setobjecttexture') don't seem to work for me due to 'this setobjecttexture [0,â€\uns_army\data\20eng_co.paaâ€];' brings up an error. And changing it to any other number reads the same error 'Invalid Number in Expression' and wonder if it's a known problem that is being fixed or if somehow other people have figured out how to get them to work?

I can get the textures on the vehicles to work fine, it's the shoulder patches for the infantry that doesn't want to work for me. Wonder personally what could be going on?

Sorry if that seemed blocky, just some questions typed up while sick and dizzy haha

this setobjecttexture [0,spaceâ€\uns_army\data\20eng_co.paaâ€];

this setobjecttexture [0,space"\uns_army\data\196lib_co.paa"];

Just press the space bar once after [0,

Nvm lol it works XD Haha

Odd... hehe... XD Oh well. Didn't think a space would do that.

Edited by SigintArmA

just wanted to bump this

trying to put MG's in firebase whisky, your M2 static is too short to see over the sandbags

vehicle="uns_m2hb"

so I used the M2 on high stand from EP1

vehicle="M2StaticMG_US_EP1"

RPT spammed with 1 million copies of

>>>>class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in M2StaticMG_US_EP1

I've gotta put it back in otherwise we can't easily repel the enemy attackers, but what we really need is a working Tall MG - either or both M2 or M60

just wanted to bump this

trying to put MG's in firebase whisky, your M2 static is too short to see over the sandbags

so I used the M2 on high stand from EP1

RPT spammed with 1 million copies of

>>>>class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in M2StaticMG_US_EP1

I've gotta put it back in otherwise we can't easily repel the enemy attackers, but what we really need is a working Tall MG - either or both M2 or M60

Interesting... Not knowing what else you have going on, I do not get any RPT errors with the M2HB... I isolate the model to the Utes island and do not get any errors... not saying you don't... But I am unsure what else is going on there...

We discussed the idea of a taller M2HB but it did not really serve a point. By making a taller M2HB, you would in essence be making yourself a larger target to get hit.

hiya

just to clarify

there are no RPT errors with the M2HB, just with the taller stock weapon - M2StaticMG_US_EP1

the M2HB is placed on the map so you sit on the deck and shoot from maybe 50cm from the ground. However all of the bunkers and sandbag walls at firebase whisky are at least 1m tall. This means we need to use a stock static MG, either:

from arma2

M2StaticMG

KORD_high

DSHKM_INS

from OA

M2StaticMG_US_EP1

KORD_high_UN_EP1

DSHKM_TK_INS_EP1

these look like this:

M2StaticMG.jpg

rather than this:

M2HD_mini_TriPod_US_EP1.jpg

if you made an M60 (door gunner model) as a static or a taller M2 we could more easily use one of these for base defence.

at the moment, you have to choose between

no MG behind sandbags

arma2 MG

OA MG

without a tall UNS_M2_tall_static or uns_M60_static

this means that our mission can only work in one of the games and not the other (but ok in CO)

How do the CJS animals work? I can find them under empty but they are just dead objects.

Whats the way to implement them into a mission?

This has been brought up before but I'm saying it again as I spend alot of time in my huey ;)

1 - the "pop smoke" gets annoying.

2 - I wouldnt mind some incoming fire from small arms while flying. Right now I the VC doesnt shoot at me until I touch ground.

Once again; thank you for giving us this!

Hi, is this right name of F-100 super sabre? "uns_f100"? when im trying this with createvehicle in editor it dont work. other planes are working....some help?

Hi, is this right name of F-100 super sabre? "uns_f100"? when im trying this with createvehicle in editor it dont work. other planes are working....some help?

I believe it is uns_f100b try that

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

hiya

just to clarify

there are no RPT errors with the M2HB, just with the taller stock weapon - M2StaticMG_US_EP1

the M2HB is placed on the map so you sit on the deck and shoot from maybe 50cm from the ground. However all of the bunkers and sandbag walls at firebase whisky are at least 1m tall. This means we need to use a stock static MG, either:

from arma2

M2StaticMG

KORD_high

DSHKM_INS

from OA

M2StaticMG_US_EP1

KORD_high_UN_EP1

DSHKM_TK_INS_EP1

these look like this:

M2StaticMG.jpg

rather than this:

M2HD_mini_TriPod_US_EP1.jpg

if you made an M60 (door gunner model) as a static or a taller M2 we could more easily use one of these for base defence.

at the moment, you have to choose between

no MG behind sandbags

arma2 MG

OA MG

without a tall UNS_M2_tall_static or uns_M60_static

this means that our mission can only work in one of the games and not the other (but ok in CO)

Fair enough... we can look into a taller MG.

unsung guys - pop into our evolution server sometime if you want to see and feel your mod working really well. it's very atmospheric and we'll look after you... even carry your pack for a bit...

Thanks EB we all kinda busy fixing issues bugs etc ATM ... will try soon..

Desperately want those Hannio Hannah announcements for sounds :D

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1898828&postcount=53

new version made - with added

RH/ FFAA/ vilas weapons (M14, M60, AR10, M16a1 scope, mossberg, silenced makarov and uzi, etc etc)

a ring of kord's defending firebase whisky which comes under repeated attack from VC blowing whistles

A US tannoy at base which plays 60's rock music

a VC propaganda tannoy playing in the villages

new and improved rank up/ joining/ area clear/ support sounds

it's a humdinger

Is anyone else not able to take off in the F100/Skyraider? Only the O1 is flyable.

this setobjecttexture [0,spaceâ€\uns_army\data\20eng_co.paaâ€];

this setobjecttexture [0,space"\uns_army\data\196lib_co.paa"];

Just press the space bar once after [0,

Mine still won't work even after trying the space, it won't close the unit box.

Edited by DPG-Wall

Mine still won't work even after trying the space, it won't close the unit box.

you can't just copy and paste from the handbook because of formatting or something.

So just copy and paste from the handbook, whatever shoulder patch you want, into a blank note pad. Then copy and paste from the notepad into the unit's initialization.