Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Downloaded this one from armaholic:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20182823/UNSUNG_MOD_ARMAII_R2_1_OF_5.rar

Only got the objects and maps. No units.

Check this link out... Lists parts 1 through 5... You have 20% of the MOD.

http://www.armanam.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=160

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

is there a issue with LOD switching issue on plant? I am seeing very fast switching from non-textured white bushes to normal textured bushes when right click zoom while playing village sweep SP mission only using latest beta and Unsung.

There is a single veg model that does not... We are in the process of tracking the little BTARD down and correcting it.

Good idea... We've been toying with the idea of such a thing... Would help promote new ideas and more missions. Among considerations would be templates for night flares, bases setup with units/vehicles already in position so that it allows mission makers to focus on their mission instead of populating a base... creating groups of troops via triggers...

It would be great! im looking forward :-) some napalm airstrike and mortar scripts and other typical situations for vietnam war what we are able to make in your MOD. Help us! :D

rip it from our evolution if you like

You need to replace "custom_throw" with the actual name of Unsung's custom throw weapon. It is "UNS_throw" I believe.

Cheers,

D.

I can't seem to get it to work... Here is what I have:

grenadefix.sqf

p1 = _this select 0;

p1 removeWeapon "Throw";
p1 removeWeapon "UNS_throw";

p2 = _this select 0;

p2 removeWeapon "Throw";
p2 removeWeapon "UNS_throw";

p4 = _this select 0;

p4 removeWeapon "Throw";
p4 removeWeapon "UNS_throw";

p5 = _this select 0;

p5 removeWeapon "Throw";
p5 removeWeapon "UNS_throw";

p7 = _this select 0;

p7 removeWeapon "Throw";
p7 removeWeapon "UNS_throw";

p9 = _this select 0;

p9 removeWeapon "Throw";
p9 removeWeapon "UNS_throw";

p10 = _this select 0;

p10 removeWeapon "Throw";
p10 removeWeapon "UNS_throw";

sleep 0.1;

p1 = _this select 0;

p1 addweapon "Throw";
p1 addweapon "UNS_throw";

p2 = _this select 0;

p2 addweapon "Throw";
p2 addweapon "UNS_throw";

p3 = _this select 0;

p3 addweapon "Throw";
p3 addweapon "UNS_throw";

p4 = _this select 0;

p4 addweapon "Throw";
p4 addweapon "UNS_throw";

p5 = _this select 0;

p5 addweapon "Throw";
p5 addweapon "UNS_throw";

p6 = _this select 0;

p6 addweapon "Throw";
p6 addweapon "UNS_throw";

p7 = _this select 0;

p7 addweapon "Throw";
p7 addweapon "UNS_throw";

p8 = _this select 0;

p8 addweapon "Throw";
p8 addweapon "UNS_throw";

p9 = _this select 0;

p9 addweapon "Throw";
p9 addweapon "UNS_throw";

p10 = _this select 0;

p10 addweapon "Throw";
p10 addweapon "UNS_throw";

nul = [] execVM "grenadefix.sqf"; in trigger act. Grenades still don't work in multiplayer.:confused:

Ok, here's what I do in my missions:

I call this piece of code on the server on mission start (requires functions manager module):

{

[nil,_x,"loc" + "per",rEXECVM,"DIH_grenade_fix.sqf",_x] call RE;

} forEach allUnits;

DIH_grenade_fix.sqf contains the following code:

private ["_unit"];

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit removeWeapon "Throw";

_unit removeWeapon "uns_throw";

sleep 0.1;

_unit addweapon "Throw";

_unit addweapon "uns_throw";

Cheers,

D.

Thanks man I'll try that later:)

You'll save a lot of unneeded network messages + lag if you put this in your mission init.sqf instead:

[] spawn {
  sleep 1; // wait at least until after Briefing.
  {
     if (local _x) then {
        _x removeWeapon "Throw";
        _x removeWeapon "uns_throw";
        _x addweapon "Throw";
        _x addweapon "uns_throw";
     };
  } forEach allUnits;
};

If the UNS_Throw weapon is added through configs or scripts before the briefing is done, then probably the reason why the code is needed in Multiplayer is because the custom Throw weapon is automatically removed when going from Briefing into the mission,

that should only occur for Player units and AI units under their control, so doing it on allUnits shouldn't be needed either.

Edited by Sickboy

Models are great, but island isnt. I have lot of lags and nothing help. Only with this mod. So Im doing vietnam war on lingor island.

@bis2.

Try running your tex settings on normal or low and get back to me.Dont adjust anything just the tex detail.

I have a hunch about sumthing.I presume u are talking about S.E.A?

missing weapons/ammo

uns_357mag

uns_mine

uns_mineE

uns_pipebomb

uns_m576gren

trying to put MG's in firebase whisky, your M2 static is too short

so I used the M2 on high stand from EP1

RPT spammed with 1 million copies of

class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in M2StaticMG_US_EP1

@Bazz44331 check your email linked to your profile i sent ya a message a few days ago

Sav

I downloaded all the latest separate fixes from here, but i'm wondering, when official patch #2 will be available and will these be included in it?

all the latest separate fixes is very good.

developer`s Correct aiming LAW, the sight and a shooting trajectory does not coincide, whether there will be a correction of a kind from the hatch, a sight in outside from uns_tracked, and whether you will create addon dynamic shouts for USA vs. NVA/VC?

we've just made some dynamic shouts for VC but it's just a fun release for Evolution - try the mission and mod together

SEA Evolution version3

requires: CBA, Unsung, OA (possibly combined ops although I tried to edit out all the arma 2 stuff)

http://109.70.148.244/gits/Arma/GITSEvolutionSEAv3.CSJ_SEA.pbo

useful additions to make the mission work very well

GITS fixpack

http://109.70.148.244/gits/Arma/@BlazesWeapons.zip

Dynamic Sound AI adapted for vietcong

http://109.70.148.244/gits/Arma/@RUG_DSAI_VC.rar

Please use privately as you see fit

thanks for sharing EggBeast.

Just so I understand...does this Dynamic sound for VietCong AI replace the Russian voices, so that when VietCong are nearby you hear their voices?:bounce3:

And the GITS fixepack is in relation to the thrown weapon error and other various issues?

nah the fix pack just has some stuff we use a lot - not signed, but useful - like improved nightvision, silenced MP5, grenadelaunchers, etc etc - you dont have to use it, but its coded into evo with an option to enable it

the rug_dsai extension is based on the arabic, so you just use the 4 pbos in the pack along with initalising the mission for arabic (see evo init.sqf for the command line)

it's not meant as a release as such, it's just a bit offun we're using - if the RUG guys want to adop it they're welcome!

oh-6 with M60 has no pilot seat btw

Does anyone else have any problems flying the planes in UNSUNG?

When I pilot them they seem to lag around and teleport to different areas on the map D:

I downloaded all the latest separate fixes from here, but i'm wondering, when official patch #2 will be available and will these be included in it?

We felt guilty about putting things in another large download... 1.5GB is bad enough...

With that said, and due to the some of the issues, we are diligently working on correcting the errors ASAP and making them available after they are tested. People waited long enough for the 2.0 release, so we dont want to make everyone download another large file.

Once the RPT errors have been corrected, we will slow things down a bit... We've been tossing around ideas and trying to push ourselves to make a better MOD that we now want to take time to enjoy the thing... Make a few SP missions... there is a campaign in the works... Focus energies on the MP world and actually get the group together to shoot at or with one another and simply enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Hopefully that makes sense... That is the immediate plan anyway...

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

all the latest separate fixes is very good.

developer`s Correct aiming LAW, the sight and a shooting trajectory does not coincide, whether there will be a correction of a kind from the hatch, a sight in outside from uns_tracked, and whether you will create addon dynamic shouts for USA vs. NVA/VC?

We are working on the Vietnamese language crossover... but to do it right, it is a considerable amount of work from what it sounds like...

broken arrow on firebase whisky - we got out as the vc overran our position and then called in B52 Arc Light

brokenarrow.jpg

Hey guys great mod, I actually just got downloading it in the wee hours of this morning and was playing with it in the editor.

Just a couple of suggestions for you. For the zip files could you possibly create a mod folder to contain all the files so

that when the zips are extracted you dont have a lot of files extracted all over creation. I normally use a folder to extract

them in but for the noobs not having a clue on what to do with the files it would help them at least.

lastly the m60 sound seems very weak and light you can barely hear it is there a possibility on making it louder and

more brutish like, especially when your the gunner on a slick.

Thank you for your wonderful work!

thanks for sharing EggBeast.

Just so I understand...does this Dynamic sound for VietCong AI replace the Russian voices, so that when VietCong are nearby you hear their voices?:bounce3:

And the GITS fixepack is in relation to the thrown weapon error and other various issues?

Yeah, basically it looks like the arab file is in use but it has VC voices instead, dont use it with regular RUG_DSAI as it will overwrite the VC one.

We felt guilty about putting things in another large download... 1.5GB is bad enough...

With that said, and due to the some of the issues, we are diligently working on correcting the errors ASAP and making them available after they are tested. People waited long enough for the 2.0 release, so we dont want to make everyone download another large file.

Once the RPT errors have been corrected, we will slow things down a bit... We've been tossing around ideas and trying to push ourselves to make a better MOD that we now want to take time to enjoy the thing... Make a few SP missions... there is a campaign in the works... Focus energies on the MP world and actually get the group together to shoot at or with one another and simply enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Hopefully that makes sense... That is the immediate plan anyway...

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

We are working on the Vietnamese language crossover... but to do it right, it is a considerable amount of work from what it sounds like...

It would be nice though if you made all fixes into one patch and put the link on the first post. Then its easier for people to DL all 5 parts (or the full) and then one file including all fixes so far [maybe even in a modfolder structur?]).

I fully understand that you like to play yourself, you deserv it! Easy to end up in always fixing the game and never enjoying it in a game.

Edited by andersson

You'll save a lot of unneeded network messages + lag if you put this in your mission init.sqf instead:

[] spawn {
  sleep 1; // wait at least until after Briefing.
  {
     if (local _x) then {
        _x removeWeapon "Throw";
        _x removeWeapon "uns_throw";
        _x addweapon "Throw";
        _x addweapon "uns_throw";
     };
  } forEach allUnits;
};

If the UNS_Throw weapon is added through configs or scripts before the briefing is done, then probably the reason why the code is needed in Multiplayer is because the custom Throw weapon is automatically removed when going from Briefing into the mission,

that should only occur for Player units and AI units under their control, so doing it on allUnits shouldn't be needed either.

Wierd, this didn't work either. Players and AI in the players group still can't throw grenades in MP.