Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Awesome work guys:)

I just want you to know that the problem with US infantry units causing freezes is solved after V2 release. Now I can fully enjoy the mod:)

Really? This is great news! We did a lot of work on those infantry HOPING it would pay off... Glad to hear it did and that it was noticed.

Game on!

Problem with the grenades is the good olde bug with custom throw weapons.

You need to remove both the vanilla 'throw' and the custom 'throw' weapon and re-add both and the grenades will work fine again.

Something like this:

Quote:

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit removeWeapon "Throw";

_unit removeWeapon "custom_Throw";

sleep 0.1;

_unit addweapon "Throw";

_unit addweapon "custom_Throw";

and call it via execVM and the unit as parameter.

Cheers,

D.

I tried this but I got an error pop up saying bin/config/custom_throw not found or something like that and it didn't fix the problem.

Could someone give some more info on how to get grenades working? They work when testing in editor but when in multiplayer, you can't throw them (nor can your AI teamates).

Edited by Guest

The grenade problem we will be sorting out for next release.

As for a fix ,i am not sure atm.

Any can help Acelondoner?

ok guys i got the mod work with full Graphics all on ultra. FPS 15 to 30 which is fine i think. pic,s

Edit the only problem is i cant play S.E.A map due to FPS stay 9 to 15 due to its lag.

arma22011040321410455.th.jpg

arma22011040321411630.th.jpg

arma2oa2011040619341629.th.jpg

arma2oa2011040619555573.th.jpg

arma2oa2011040621031065.th.jpg

Edited by baz44331

why is it that i only get buildings and objects when i downloaded the gamefront version?

bump.

Good catch...

But it is LTC... He was a Lt Colonel...

needs to be Lt Col. in that case :)

The smoke nade sound needs to be a bit quieter. The det sound is just right but the hiss is very loud.

Edited by Bigpickle

Could we see some maps like Lingor and Chernarus coverted to Vietman style so we can better performance from graphics. The maps at the moment are very big and very lagy. You need to put graphics on normal or below to play, the models are great and love all the doors opening on the choppers, but the maps are game killers. Mabe if you guys coverted Lingor and Chernarus replaced all the threes with jungle ones and replace all the grass with high grass and so on. covert all the towns and add lots of patty fields it would work.

Where can i find a tutorial to install mods on arma2 and operation arrowhead ? (steam version, combined operations)

I play this game alot but i never installed a mod on arma2 so this will be my first mod :)

Can't stop using the VC/NVA as a generic Opfor - great units! Just wondering if the Local Guerillas might get an old LMG or GPMG for their ranks ? Like a RP46 (Chinese Type 58 LMG) ? or a DP (Chinese Type 53) LMG ? Older but still worthy of being used within the Guerilla ranks.

Cheers guys - great mod filled with great units.

Chapman

Why is it that I only get buildings and objects when I downloaded the gamefront version?

Anyone?

Anyone?

What did you download from Gamefront? How big was the file? The MOD did not upload our release to Gamefront so we are unable to guarantee that it is a complete download.

Is the MOD set up properly? If so, which files do you have included?

PolishGI

Mod is good and atmospheric.

And soon there is a following patch?

Why not to use weapon Vila`s model ` s after all model it is better AK-47(type1), SKS (70 ` weapons) M16A1 (westweapons 90 ` s) c 20-rnd?

And I have noticed an error in animation after a shot with LAW the fighter holds it not on a shoulder, and is curve under 45 degrees and aiming lath LAW not Mismatches, sweep aimings above Targets

I tried this but I got an error pop up saying bin/config/custom_throw not found or something like that and it didn't fix the problem.

Could someone give some more info on how to get grenades working? They work when testing in editor but when in multiplayer, you can't throw them (nor can your AI teamates).

You need to replace "custom_throw" with the actual name of Unsung's custom throw weapon. It is "UNS_throw" I believe.

Cheers,

D.

You need to replace "custom_throw" with the actual name of Unsung's custom throw weapon. It is "UNS_throw" I believe.

Cheers,

D.

Good catch! (no pun intended)

uns_throw

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

PolishGI

Why not to use weapon Vila`s model ` s after all model it is better AK-47(type1), SKS (70 ` weapons) M16A1 (westweapons 90 ` s) c 20-rnd?

Thanks for the kind words.

Using other's models wouldn't be as much fun as creating our own for the MOD. I think we are pretty happy with ours.

chopperh.jpg

By baz44331 at 2011-04-08

did a little pic.

just some small thing i seen ingame. parts of troops unforms are black. ide say its textures problem.

Edited by baz44331

I agree with Polish.

I hate most of Vilas guns, as they are usually retex/remodels. (SKS and Galil are good.)

Improve wood and the metal textures just alittle and fix hand positions= PERFECT!

I love the models but textures are abit......

I think the textures are fine really. im a texture artits myself and i see no problem. mabe a but of dirt or some weathering of Armor. but other then that i think its a fine job. What more do you want really. sharping of bolts on aircraft give them the metal look? or titen up weapon textures?. I think there fine.

Edited by baz44331

This topic is not about Vilas weapons :)

Unsung team, could you make some manual for mission makers, some useful scripts tricks and more of your experiences? or is it something like that already? thanks

Unsung team, could you make some manual for mission makers, some useful scripts tricks and more of your experiences? or is it something like that already? thanks

Good idea... We've been toying with the idea of such a thing... Would help promote new ideas and more missions. Among considerations would be templates for night flares, bases setup with units/vehicles already in position so that it allows mission makers to focus on their mission instead of populating a base... creating groups of troops via triggers...

What did you download from Gamefront? How big was the file? The MOD did not upload our release to Gamefront so we are unable to guarantee that it is a complete download.

Is the MOD set up properly? If so, which files do you have included?

Downloaded this one from armaholic:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20182823/UNSUNG_MOD_ARMAII_R2_1_OF_5.rar

Only got the objects and maps. No units.

is there a issue with LOD switching issue on plant? I am seeing very fast switching from non-textured white bushes to normal textured bushes when right click zoom while playing village sweep SP mission only using latest beta and Unsung.