Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/G_Forces

Need to fly as a Pilot class - you can tag a unit as pilot in the editor too, see the Notes, ACE_fnc_setCrewProtection

The workaround for A10-based aircraft not showing in the editor, should have no bearing on it.

Both mods are not designed to be compatible with eachother - if you're looking to add ACE feature compatibility for Unsung assets please check http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Unsung

Thank you Sickboy.

Edit: still getting horrible blacking out when doing any sort of manuever going above 400-500kph in the A1J.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Does this work with ACE?

I believe portions of ACE do work, while other features do not (like the radio module). You'd just have to test it out. At some point I believe I did see an Addon that makes it all work, but not sure what came of that.

I need a little help. I downloaded the unsung files and put them in Arma\@UNS\addons. I added the line -mod=@UNS after the arma executable. When I start Arma the mod seem to load but everything looks and behaves the same...

Question: how do I play the unsung single missions? I don't see them in campaign or missions?

Your first step would be to simply verify that the files you downloaded are within the @UNS/addons folder -- many times you can put them in there and they will create their own folders.

Second step, make sure you put the Single Player missions you downloaded into your MISSIONS folder. Then make sure you put the Multiplayer missions into the MPMissions folder.

Then put the UNS_.bikey into your KEYS folder.

Are you running ARMA2 or Combined Operations or Arrowhead? Using Steam?

If you are using Steam with Combined Operations, there is _runA2CO.cmd within your Arrowhead folder....

throw that into notepad and scroll down until you see the following line and that is where you should change the target line, then make a shortcut for it on your desktop:

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 -nosplash -showScriptErrors -exThreads=0 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@UNS;@DAC;@CLAY_CarRadio;"

I bolded optional commands I'm using, you'll definitely want to add the -exThreads=0 so your maps load quick.

Hi, great mod.

Any chance anyone could release a napalm script?

With a tutorial because I SUCK at config modding and the like.

I believe portions of ACE do work, while other features do not (like the radio module). You'd just have to test it out. At some point I believe I did see an Addon that makes it all work, but not sure what came of that.

Your first step would be to simply verify that the files you downloaded are within the @UNS/addons folder -- many times you can put them in there and they will create their own folders.

Second step, make sure you put the Single Player missions you downloaded into your MISSIONS folder. Then make sure you put the Multiplayer missions into the MPMissions folder.

If you are using Steam with Combined Operations, there is _runA2CO.cmd within your Arrowhead folder....

throw that into notepad and scroll down until you see the following line and that is where you should change the target line, then make a shortcut for it on your desktop:

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 -nosplash -showScriptErrors -exThreads=0 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@UNS;@DAC;@CLAY_CarRadio;"

I bolded optional commands I'm using, you'll definitely want to add the -exThreads=0 so your maps load quick.

Ive same problem, checked everything what you wrote and still nothing :-/ Im running Arma2 (1.09).

On the main page is camera in the water. And there are no uns addons, islands. Just missions i can see there. some next idea?

Ive same problem, checked everything what you wrote and still nothing :-/ Im running Arma2 (1.09).

On the main page is camera in the water. And there are no uns addons, islands. Just missions i can see there. some next idea?

If you are using vanilla arma2, then navigate to your Arma2 base folder under Program Files.

Create a folder there and name it: @UNS

Create a folder within the new folder and name it: addons

Put all files except UNS_.bikey (that goes into your Keys folder), into the new addons folder. (also, put the mission files into the correct folders as described above, but it sounds like you did that OK)

Now right click on arma2.exe, and create a shortcut. Drag the new shortcut to your desktop (or wherever) and right click it, go to Properties. Under the Shortcut tab go to 'Target'.

Add one space, then copy and paste this to the end of 'Target':

-exThreads=0 "-mod=@UNS;"

Click on the newly created shortcut and you should be playing UnSung.

If you are using vanilla arma2, then navigate to your Arma2 base folder under Program Files.

Create a folder there and name it: @UNS

Create a folder within the new folder and name it: addons

Put all files except UNS_.bikey (that goes into your Keys folder), into the new addons folder. (also, put the mission files into the correct folders as described above, but it sounds like you did that OK)

Now right click on arma2.exe, and create a shortcut. Drag the new shortcut to your desktop (or wherever) and right click it, go to Properties. Under the Shortcut tab go to 'Target'.

Add one space, then copy and paste this to the end of 'Target':

-exThreads=0 "-mod=@UNS;"

Click on the newly created shortcut and you should be playing UnSung.

thanks, i know how to do that, there will be something with arma. I tryed to install first release of UNS and now its not working too. Before it was ok. Reinstall Arma :-/ :-/ :-D

Hi again,

I'm using non-steam ArmA 2 v1.09. I downloaded the patch for Unsung mod and moved the files to their correct places. The Files in the missions folder were compressed with rar. So I just run unrar.

Now it works. Looks awesome :yay:

is there somewhere a bikey for CSJ? I just found the UNS_.bikey. but the UNS_.bikey seemed not working

Edited by $CHLUCKi

Any chance the M16A1/ Car15 sounds could be made abit more loud (Alongside with some other guns) and the textures better? Don't get me wrong, the texes are not "bad" but could be better.

Also, would it be possible to make the proper hand position for guns with old style rifle grips (Bolt actions, shotguns)?

And last but not least, animate the revolvers hammer :D.

Just asking, not demanding.

reminds me - the mk4 sound is way too quiet - i've fired a sterling and it sure was a lot louder than that!

Great mod guys. Looks like i'm going to drop a G on a new system just to play this awesome mod!!! Again great work lads.

reminds me - the mk4 sound is way too quiet - i've fired a sterling and it sure was a lot louder than that!

The sounds overall will be revisited, changed and balanced down the road.

Can we contribute sounds to this mod? :)

I really hate the metallic click in the M16 shot: BAM-ZIIUU , BAM-ZIIUU, BAM-ZIIUU - really gets on your nerves after 3 shots.

Here's the napalm strike egg's spoke of, sorry for the low quality video by the way, you tube sucks.

1yOW1830Vos

Edited by Bigpickle

hahahah, fucking sweet!

yeah it's awesome - pickle has added in vietnam era sounds to all our support options - they're really cool - just adding them today so they work globally. will update mission later

couple of points of bug feedback

grenades can be put in ammo crates etc

_vecRu AddmagazineCargo ["uns_rg42gren", 10];

_vecRu AddmagazineCargo ["uns_rgd33gren", 10];

_vecRu AddmagazineCargo ["uns_rgd5gren", 10];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["uns_m61gren", 40];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["uns_m67gren", 40];

but as magazines (like the normal M67 etc) they should woirk but they are not usable as weapons!

I think that maybe the weapon "throw" is not built into the unit or something (althoug hthey can throw the stock m67 and RGO)

the 357 magnum is bugged:

_vec AddWeaponCargo ["uns_357m", 40];

_vec addMagazineCargo ["uns_357mag",40];

yields an empty pistol, no selectable ammo

Edited by eggbeast

I have a question. Certain islands (and missions) load extremely slow. is this just me or is it a known happening? I love this mod but i do not like waiting an hour and a half to load a mission :P

Why is it that I only get buildings and objects when I downloaded the gamefront version?

(LT Kilgore - Apocalypse Now)

he was a colonel, or did you mean LT as in initials not rank?

he was a colonel, or did you mean LT as in initials not rank?

Good catch...

But it is LTC... He was a Lt Colonel...

Awesome work guys:)

I just want you to know that the problem with US infantry units causing freezes is solved after V2 release. Now I can fully enjoy the mod:)

Edited by Drapka