Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

What are your gfx settings? I dont have the setup you have and Im getting 22-40 anywhere on the map...

Settings are crucial when you go into the jungle. Finding the right setup is everything.

ATM im runing it all on high, with view distances 3000.

i bet this has something to do with latest arma2 or OA:CO patches.

try running with 1.57/1.58 patches (reinstal required if you are running with latest = 1.59 version)

im not runing CO im runing just Arma 2 with UNS, and i have steam lol they auto update. but i tryed to run it with CO but no luck, I was thinking about if two games where runing at the same time you get the best from shaders and so on.

AS1 when you fire the 20mm cannon there's an error reported (showscripterrors) - something to do with

particle effect ca/data something

error drop: type string, expected array

we think this might be an effect on shooting the ground

lags the plane out real bad so you crash

also to take off on SEA map, the AS1 has to be taxied through the barbed wire so it can get up to 170km/h and then you have to climb real slow and not bank for a longtime - you get speed up to 500 then bank and even a tiny bit of nose-up and you lose 250km/h back to 250, and almost stall speed. push nose up again and you fall out ofthe air

ok i tryed it with CO and it works a little better. FPS 10-30 but i get a crash every 10 to 15 minits playing but only wile flying.

ATM im runing it all on high, with view distances 3000.

That is probably where it lies... Kick everything back to normal (middle of the road) and the view distance to 1500-1800 and see what happens...

OA and CO seem to run things better...

I just saw Sickboy's ace_enable_a10-unsung file - do we put this in an ACE folder or Unsung folder?

Question, anyone else have the top right corner of 'Ia Drang Valley' void of plantlife from tree to even tiniest of plants? Just wondering because I've been looking around and seems like I might have corrupted map files lol Because as well in SEA the edges are flat green from 20 to 100 meters inland.

And just outside the Airbase (SEA) there seems to be a portion of land that is a perfect square and it looks inverted, a complete 180 XD I can tell because the patterns don't match in terrain lol

Sorry for that being blocky. Kinda out of it for some reason. Thanks for anyone else's possible help XD

-Edit- For Ia Drang Valley, it seems to be void of plant life in the left and bottom edges for 100 to greater distances in meters. I'm assuming the map wasn't cut there like a prior post said about the other Valley map. So I'm just saying this as possible help ^^

Edited by SigintArmA

I just saw Sickboy's ace_enable_a10-unsung file - do we put this in an ACE folder or Unsung folder?
Anywhere you like. I'd personally put it in a seperate mod-folder.

Can confirm the A1 Skyraider Flight Model is very off.

It needs some tweaking to be quite a nimble aircraft as it was in real life. At the moment it is quite un-useable. Also confirmed the lag from 20mm is present and the firing of napalm canisters like rockets.

I get a script error on mission start:

Error in expression <// Correction for custom throw weapons i>

Error position: <// Correction for custom throw weapons i>

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <sleep 0.1;>

Error position: <sleep 0.1;>

Seems you put a sleep command into an init field or something like that.

Other than that and the sad fact that I can't run S.E.A. on my computer (2 fps or something like that on the lowest acceptable settings... seems I have to stick to MBG_Nam!) - great job. I love it.

Thanks for sharing & keep it up!

Cheers,

D.

Anywhere you like. I'd personally put it in a seperate mod-folder.

Thanks. It works. Also, when I got in the air, I was constantly blacking out during ever slight turn - will that be addressed? (It was only happening with the fix you provided in my Unsung folder; I'm assuming its with the PBO)

Thanks. It works. Also, when I got in the air, I was constantly blacking out during ever slight turn - will that be addressed? (It was only happening with the fix you provided in my Unsung folder; I'm assuming its with the PBO)
http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/G_Forces

Need to fly as a Pilot class - you can tag a unit as pilot in the editor too, see the Notes, ACE_fnc_setCrewProtection

The workaround for A10-based aircraft not showing in the editor, should have no bearing on it.

Both mods are not designed to be compatible with eachother - if you're looking to add ACE feature compatibility for Unsung assets please check http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Unsung

Edited by Sickboy

Question, anyone else have the top right corner of 'Ia Drang Valley' void of plantlife from tree to even tiniest of plants? Just wondering because I've been looking around and seems like I might have corrupted map files lol Because as well in SEA the edges are flat green from 20 to 100 meters inland.

And just outside the Airbase (SEA) there seems to be a portion of land that is a perfect square and it looks inverted, a complete 180 XD I can tell because the patterns don't match in terrain lol

Sorry for that being blocky. Kinda out of it for some reason. Thanks for anyone else's possible help XD

-Edit- For Ia Drang Valley, it seems to be void of plant life in the left and bottom edges for 100 to greater distances in meters. I'm assuming the map wasn't cut there like a prior post said about the other Valley map. So I'm just saying this as possible help ^^

We have the intention of trimming the map in future versions. As far as areas being void of vegetation, there is a reason for that.... The map HAD over 5.3 million objects on it before Vis3 said 'enough is enough'... Then we had to drop the object count down to ~4.7m objects JUST to bin the island so it was playable... So given that we are limited, we decided to populate certain areas while other areas are left open. This island was an experiment and it appears we are limited by the game... So chances are great, we will not be making another map of this size in the future until something changes by BIS. Our maps will be a little smaller in order to populate the entire map.

Hope this helps.

Hallo!

Wo gehört der @UNS Ordner hinein kopiert in das Rootverzeichnis vom Spiel oder in denn Addonordner ?. Danke

english?

EDIT: if I'm right you say where do I need to copy the @UNS folder to? if that's what your saying, in your Arma 2 (OA) folder.

@ speznas

Nur Englisch-Forenregel

it belongs to your Arma 2 directory which could be sth like this (mine is OA)

(C:)/Programme(x86)/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2 (Operation Arrowhead)

and then the @Mod inside this file an "Addons" file withe the .pbo's etc...

speznas if you have it via steam it's in /programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/arma2

Anyone else get a constant action pop up in helos? "Pop smoke" tends to be the usual. I'll scroll my mouse wheel and right click to remove it, but it will just keep coming back. Quite annoying, especially when piloting.

Also, is there any chance you guys can borrow an M101, M114A1 or other 105mm/155mm field artillery piece from another mod team to round out the period-accurate artillery? The M119 wasn't fielded until 1987.

I know 31st Normandy has an M101.

I'm doing up a Warfare MP mission for Unsung and I'd like to be able to have the bigger guns available to the US for fire support but I won't include the M119.

If you guys are planning future maps, I might suggest a Southern I Corps and Northern II Corps map to make the use of both regular US Army and USMC units a plausible reality. For now I'll be using the S.E.A. map by CSJ (even though it doesn't seem to be a real location) simply because it offers the terrain suitable for MP with a decent size. It wouldn't load until I applied the launch property -exThreads=0, why is that? That will keep some people from being able to play it unless they too know to change this.

Edited by USMCLuke

Anyone else get a constant action pop up in helos? "Pop smoke" tends to be the usual. I'll scroll my mouse wheel and right click to remove it, but it will just keep coming back. Quite annoying, especially when piloting.

Also, is there any chance you guys can borrow an M101, M114A1 or other 105mm/155mm field artillery piece from another mod team to round out the period-accurate artillery? The M119 wasn't fielded until 1987.

I know 31st Normandy has an M101.

I'm doing up a Warfare MP mission for Unsung and I'd like to be able to have the bigger guns available to the US for fire support but I won't include the M119.

If you guys are planning future maps, I might suggest a Southern I Corps and Northern II Corps map to make the use of both regular US Army and USMC units a plausible reality. For now I'll be using the S.E.A. map by CSJ (even though it doesn't seem to be a real location) simply because it offers the terrain suitable for MP with a decent size. It wouldn't load until I applied the launch property -exThreads=0, why is that? That will keep some people from being able to play it unless they too know to change this.

We can look into a new artillery piece for the future...

Up to around v1.54, BIS had the exthreads command integrated so we did NOT have to add it. After v1.54, ALL of our maps took for ever to load and we could not figure out why. So a thread was started with this issue and BIS caught it. They figured out that the exthreads command was removed at v1.54 but then provided it for us to add manually. I thought they were going to add it back in future patches so we did NOT have to manually add it... but that does not appear to be the case.

So with that said, I will update the Handbook to include this so everyone knows.

Hope that makes sense.

thank you for this mod V 2 guys, and especially good luck for the rest of the project.

We have the intention of trimming the map in future versions. As far as areas being void of vegetation, there is a reason for that.... The map HAD over 5.3 million objects on it before Vis3 said 'enough is enough'... Then we had to drop the object count down to ~4.7m objects JUST to bin the island so it was playable... So given that we are limited, we decided to populate certain areas while other areas are left open. This island was an experiment and it appears we are limited by the game... So chances are great, we will not be making another map of this size in the future until something changes by BIS. Our maps will be a little smaller in order to populate the entire map.

Hope this helps.

Thanks ^^ I got to remembering the cut-down when I hit the rack. Thanks! :D

Can confirm the A1 Skyraider Flight Model is very off.

It needs some tweaking to be quite a nimble aircraft as it was in real life. At the moment it is quite un-useable. Also confirmed the lag from 20mm is present and the firing of napalm canisters like rockets.

Plane looks great but the fly model is really strange. I can not start from airport on low_lands map. Minimal speed is also to high. It would be great to change the fly model to something more accurate.

hi guys.

I need a little help. I downloaded the unsung files and put them in Arma\@UNS\addons. I added the line -mod=@UNS after the arma executable. When I start Arma the mod seem to load but everything looks and behaves the same...

Question: how do I play the unsung single missions? I don't see them in campaign or missions?

M

this mod needs definitely the @JTD weather and climate addon(order enough frames)...but his addon is not CO or OA compatible:( or ?