Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

@ Wurschtie

My bad I thought I got all the texture errors out of Dong Ha. I'll have to do a more thorough chk. Cheers.

Thanks for your answer. We found that there is nothing missing in the addon, but the missions were packed wrong. After unPBOing and repacking them with the ArmA Export, they worked.

Great mod! Thanks!

well thats cool i think people are adding new MP mods on your maps im a texture artits not a MP mod maker so ill leave it to them lol. very nce mod love it and great work. O one more thing love the handbook guide well done there too very nice little book. thank you and the team for your time and effort.

ok we're about 85% complete on Evolution for SEA map

- using the NW base for spawn (and it's randomly attacked by waves of VC) - fitted out with mortars, perimter MG's and artillery support

- the SW airbase is almost ready - full range of air assets

- the NE SF base is the main boat base plus 3 FARP's at LZ's in the boonies

- 11 district rotation is set

- 45 places of interest and 3 search zones set for random side missions like combat search and rescue or destroy convoy, defend LZ, rescue agent, riverboat patrol etc)

- added in support options: napalm strikes, ability to plant traps and spy as undercover VC

- just gotta make a full unit list (about 10 pages of text) and triple check the arrays - this is a big hold up - gotta extract every pbo (the pdf supplied is ok but not really accurate or complete enough for scripting from)

then

- need to check ammo crates have ALL weapons

- add in USMC units for AI recruitment

- put in the intro music and custom radio chatter

- finalise testing of side missions

should be ready in a day or two

we have it on our server now, but it's not working very well - not really a release, more of a first foray into the map - the jungle sounds and the feel as you advance together through the jungle are truly awesome. we've really reined back the vehicles so you are fighting on foot from your mountain outpost and reliant on helicopter resupply and air support from the distant airbase...

we've put in illumination ammo to the mortars and MG's around the wire, so once we perfect the base raider script, it's gonna get mental!

once we've made the first one, will be easy to port to the other maps

then, we'll add in the mods for a modded version with:

RH weapon packs, RobertHammer's M14, CAR15, uzi, M16A1, AK's, M60, SKS, M79 and other weapons are just too good not to have.

Mig15, Mig21 and F4 (with a noise reduction patch)

vilas' armour (T65, BMP1 etc)

Edited by eggbeast

Any chance someone that knows how can fix the MP maps and put a download up so not everyone has to repack them? And then an update to the OP pointing out the download would be extra nice.

I used to mod a bit for ArmA 2 way back but my skills are rusty as I've only just reinstalled everything on my new PC specifically to play this mod. I unPBO'd the MP missions, yet I can't seem to open them in the editor to re-package them...

Ultimately I'd like to see a Benny's Warfare MP mission done with this mod. That would be phenomenal.

Been waiting a lifetime for a good Vietnam mod (in any game, ArmA 2 just makes it that much better). This one takes the cake, gents! Great work!

Edited by USMCLuke

Just want to thank you guys for your hard work. This is really a great mod, even with it's minor problems. :) It will only get better.

nice release guys realy loving it little bug some of the MFR guys have camofaces standard on them while others don't , i would love to see that i am able to set the faces i want on all units (SF / LRRP / MFR)

Any chance someone will post the fixed MP missions? I would like to play this MP with my group, but I can't seem to get the unpacked missions to load in ArmA 2's editor to repack them properly as was mentioned.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

- using the NW base for spawn (and it's randomly attacked by waves of VC) - fitted out with mortars, perimter MG's and artillery support

- 45 places of interest and 3 search zones set for random side missions like combat search and rescue or destroy convoy, defend LZ, rescue agent, riverboat patrol etc)

- added in support options: napalm strikes, ability to plant traps and spy as undercover VC

- just gotta make a full unit list (about 10 pages of text) and triple check the arrays - this is a big hold up - gotta extract every pbo (the pdf supplied is ok but not really accurate or complete enough for scripting from)

then

we have it on our server now, but it's not working very well - not really a release, more of a first foray into the map - the jungle sounds and the feel as you advance together through the jungle are truly awesome. we've really reined back the vehicles so you are fighting on foot from your mountain outpost and reliant on helicopter resupply and air support from the distant airbase...

we've put in illumination ammo to the mortars and MG's around the wire, so once we perfect the base raider script, it's gonna get mental!

RH weapon packs, RobertHammer's M14, CAR15, uzi, M16A1, AK's, M60, SKS, M79 and other weapons are just too good not to have.

Good luck and keep up the hard work! Many people are eagerly awaiting a MP mission such as this!

Edited by USMCLuke

Is anyone else getting errors saying missing hut textures ect?

I'm getting rock and rock moss aswell, I installed the full download from the french mirror and used the mod folder method, and is lowlands not meant to be there aswell?

I deleted all my previous UNSUNG addons before I placed the new version.

Use PATCH 1 on the front page of this thread that will fix your issues :)

Is it just me, or does anyone else always get a "Pop smoke" command while in helos even after scrolling and cancelling?

My team mate and I are about to have a MSO mission on the SouthEast Asia map within the next few days once we get the mission to populate some victor charlies to fight against. I'll keep you all posted also for those interested in MP games.

thanks guys for your great job. great mod. well done!!!!:bounce3:

then

as long as weapons/vehicles/aircraft/etc. will be limited to vietnam era ones, those weapon packs will be good, since on your 1st evo mission for unsung's 1st release, some of the weapons included in mission made no sense (i'm talking about Gits evo or how it was called)...

as long as weapons/vehicles/aircraft/etc. will be limited to vietnam era ones, those weapon packs will be good, since on your 1st evo mission for unsung's 1st release, some of the weapons included in mission made no sense (i'm talking about Gits evo or how it was called)...

yeah back in the day i was testing a selective ammo crate that only allowed certain classes certain weapons, like machinegunner gets M60/stoner and AT guy gets a LAW etc, but it kep failing after a few respawns... so we played that map unlocked, and i hadn't made the unlocked crate with the right weapons - working this through today (unmodded) and will post up the SEA EVO mission and a mission-scripters classlist tool as soon as i can.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108519&page=4

Been playing around now for some time with your mod (DL the missing cjs addons now) and I really like it!

Ofcourse I noticed all the things that already been told here so I will not tell you that as you are fully aware of that.

Two things that havent been mentioned yet;

1- In some helicopters theres 3 crew members. I cant see where #3 is and if I have him to disembark he just appear in the air next to the chopper. Where he was I have no clue.

2- One of the smaller trees (big bush?) must have one lod without texture as I get a complete white tree/bush sometimes.

I love the SEA map, good job.

Personally I have no problems with load times or performance! I havent checked how AI behaves yet regarding engagement ranges in the jungle but I'm not worried as you have told us its fixed.

Good job!

I also have this minor issue. Other than that this is top notch work, surely a candidate for the mod of the year.

Still getting the AI 'seeing' through grass/trees/clutter too easily. It is an unfair advantage and does spoil it a little. Only a little though.

BUG REPORT

AI can find trip wire and shoot it. FOR EXAMPLE: in the mission dinh An.

noticed the tripwire bug but its even worse then it looks , i as a US trooper place a tripwire on the hill slope (in the defence mission on S.E.A.), i barely got out alive as my team mates (AI US Soldiers) open fire on the tripwire from all sides and not one shot nooo entire clips are off loaded in the tripwire

ok guys great mod. but i have a 580GTX card i7 950 processer and 12GB ram DDR3 and i can only play this mod on normal lol. could you make maps that have less jungle please and more low lands, my FPS was 9 to 20 on high lol. i have a HDD TB and 512 in my PC so no need to worry in that department ether. i love the jungle dont get me rong but it kills the fps, sry about the neg comments. i have a server box too and will run it on all the time but atm the maps make it a little unplayable.

ok guys great mod. but i have a 580GTX card i7 950 processer and 12GB ram DDR3 and i can only play this mod on normal lol. could you make maps that have less jungle please and more low lands, my FPS was 9 to 20 on high lol. i have a HDD TB and 512 in my PC so no need to worry in that department ether. i love the jungle dont get me rong but it kills the fps, sry about the neg comments. i have a server box too and will run it on all the time but atm the maps make it a little unplayable.

What are your gfx settings? I dont have the setup you have and Im getting 22-40 anywhere on the map...

Settings are crucial when you go into the jungle. Finding the right setup is everything.

i bet this has something to do with latest arma2 or OA:CO patches.

try running with 1.57/1.58 patches (reinstal required if you are running with latest = 1.59 version)