Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

I get extremely long load times when loading san drang map

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Also all models seem to have pistol holsters for some reason. Would have thought only officers, M60 gunner and grenadier would have these? Also officers don't have pistols too

I've played some single player missions and I must say that the mod is awesome:eek:

299674-congrats_keep.jpg

rgr sorry gent didnt see your replys, it works with shortcuts confirmed but i dont use the shortcuts approach, i use arma 2 luncher by alpinestars, is there a way to add -exThreads=0 to that? tried adding it to the target line but it didnt work sadly.

Edited by Bigpickle

Need help! When im trying to run with files in own falder "@UNS" its not working, only when i have all files in original addOns Bi folder, its ok. Its normal that there is no other falders in unsung rar, just pbo files? ive Arma2 1.09. When i done it by instructions in uns handbook game run only to main page and there are some bugged sky and theres no UNS addons. some ideas what with that?

thats normal, you need to create a new folder called "@UNS". in @uns create a subfolder called "addons" place your pbo files in the addons folder.

thats normal, you need to create a new folder called "@UNS". in @uns create a subfolder called "addons" place your pbo files in the addons folder.

still its the same :-/

Awesome update, is there anyway I can command a skyraider to napalm a position?

Or make him only use napalm bombs, right now if i spawn one to defend a base he just uses his cannon, I want fire D:

It could be not properly defined 'requiredaddons[]' in the configs. I haven't tried it on dedicated yet but I guess unsung have? If its not that check your modfolder again.

They made a mistake packing the missions. Depack all non working missions with Eliteness 2.82, open the mission in the editor and save. Then export to mpmission. That's it.

P.S.: Danke squatter ! ;)

I've posted this on ArmAholic comments bit as well but is there any reason why you have used my base template in the SP mission "Fire Storm"? I believe I made it when Jeza (who I believe is/was part of your mission making team) and I were having a piss about.

EDIT: All you have done is delete/move the units I put down that were in trenches, and removed armour at front gate.

Edited by U|K Andy

From what I can see is similar, but then again im sure many people would have put a similar placment down as there is only so many places you can put things. I'm sure X will clear it up for you :)

It's not similar at all. It's a straight forward copy and paste.

I have installed V2.1 and put the 11 SP missions in the SPMission fold. But when I enter the game just finding 5 missions. Dinh An\ op lowlands\vill sweep\incountry\poison ivy.

Where is the rest 6 missions?

very nice mod.. i noticed some textures problem most on usmc helmets and config.. would be possible to make more strong sound for m16 and m4??:yay:

thanks

understanding how to work with modfolders(video tuttorial):

1TBVeGI7d38

BTW guys, thx a lot for keeping torrents running after you downloaded it, already 100gigs seeded out in 16hours just from me :)

also, everyone who dowloaded from torrents, must download this too:

http://www.multiupload.com/194FZB1IX1

it's a patch/fix posted on first page.

I have installed V2.1 and put the 11 SP missions in the SPMission fold. But when I enter the game just finding 5 missions. Dinh An\ op lowlands\vill sweep\incountry\poison ivy.

Where is the rest 6 missions?

SP missions folder is called Missions; while MP missions folder is called MPMissions

Edited by Gedis

aweasome mod - only thing - the Skyraiders don't want to deploy napalm on anything - they drop the iron bombs on truck/light armour targets no problem - even dabble in a few gun runs on static weapons and large infantry concentrations - any way to get them into laying down some hot rain on the OPFOR ?

Oh and the F100 is a beast ! used in a few bombing missions for CAS and they always seem to go "danger close" with their bombs - fantastic!

Chapman

Why in the hell does it take over 10 minutes to load a map....

understanding how to work with modfolders(video tuttorial):

1TBVeGI7d38

BTW guys, thx a lot for keeping torrents running after you downloaded it, already 100gigs seeded out in 16hours just from me :)

also, everyone who dowloaded from torrents, must download this too:

http://www.multiupload.com/194FZB1IX1

it's a patch/fix posted on first page.

SP missions folder is called Missions; while MP missions folder is called MPMissions

Yes it is Missions fold, I made the memory mistake. But I really put 11 sp missions in this fold, only 5 of them show in the scenario. I want to know what's wrong with it.

========

I find it all, the other 6's name are not uns- ones and thay don't get together.

Edited by msy

@ SigintArma

Okay I understand what your looking at. That is and easy fix basically the terrain wasn't cut at the edges so the engine extrapolates / stretches the terrain, it's an easy fix for the mod team to remove that issue, thanks for pointing that out.

@ Wurschtie

My bad I thought I got all the texture errors out of Dong Ha. I'll have to do a more thorough chk. Cheers.

@ bas44331

Dong Ha was designed to facilitate a large mp gaming format, basically the NVA take the vills and hold. the US BASE would be on the South across the river the NVA could be in the northern vill area. I didn't place any bases, strong points, trench lines etc, as that would limit the usefulness. I ran out of time to make any mp missions for it, I'm also not a rockstar at making MP missions so it would take some time, feel free to make them.

@ CHB68

the organization of the release into proper folders was my error, by the time I realized the error the mod was already uploaded, I wasn't going to go through another 30 hours of pain reloading the release, simple instructions can be made to insert the mod into the game, these have been done.

I'm glad to here that ppl are enjoying the mod. The feedback of bugs are very welcome.

Edited by cj525