Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Are you fucking kidding me? I have downloaded this mod three times and three times has it failled. Why does ArmedAssault suck so fucking much?

Is it just for me or do the maps 'Ia Drang Valley' and 'Plei Trap Valley' seem to bleed together? At the tops and bottoms that is.

I'm thinking it might be corrupt map files but I was just wondering if I'm the only one who is getting it? Reason I say they seem to bleed is because the extra terrain to the sides seem to match except for one being 'Higher' up then the other.

-Edit-

And it seems both new fixed wing aircraft are unable to take off from the SEA map, even though they're going fast enough to pull up. It's as if they're glued to the ground when staring off.

Edited by SigintArmA

Are you fucking kidding me? I have downloaded this mod three times and three times has it failled. Why does ArmedAssault suck so fucking much?

When im launching the game, i get numerous errors, like some rus_Barrel and dragon valley the road texture is missing... i did it with sixupdater, whats wrong? i got ace working with six updater no probs.

a few days ago i downloaded (and sense deleated before i installed the new version) and i couldnt get it to work either.

Any insight?

thanks

When im launching the game, i get numerous errors, like some rus_Barrel and dragon valley the road texture is missing... i did it with sixupdater, whats wrong? i got ace working with six updater no probs.

a few days ago i downloaded (and sense deleated before i installed the new version) and i couldnt get it to work either.

Any insight?

thanks

I mean the actual download stops before it gets done.

When im launching the game, i get numerous errors, like some rus_Barrel and dragon valley the road texture is missing...

The six updater might not include this file yet.

@ Sigintarma

if your talking about the terrain in the distance this could be the BI synth terrain enabled. but to your question that the areas are similar, isn't accurate. We used the actual SRTM converted into DEMs of both geographical areas, Plei Trap and Ia drang valleys are very different, but if the BI synth terrain is enabled the topography in the distance is the same, but you would be chasing rainbows if you tried to get to it.

This mod should hawe a vietnam war campaign in future patch :). Mayby mod team will make a campaign for futrue releses not only sp/mp missions.:)

ok well i downloaded that... but didnt help, like say i go into map editor and put myself in a uh1, ill get an error saying invalidcrew_uns1 pilot bla bla and it will play i can hear the helicopter just not see it... any idea lol? i really want to play this

edit

i placed a chopper infront of my line of sight where i was and it jus fell to the ground, well through the ground actually and never exploded just went straight through

I wish your group can improve the quality of the models and textures from OFPlike to ARMA2 at the next release.

I wish your group can improve the quality of the models and textures from OFPlike to ARMA2 at the next release.

That's such a nice comment :rolleyes: Just help them to show us what you're able to do on your free time.

Well I said that just because of these two off-map areas

http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/Conansig/Unsung%20Bugs/?action=view&current=arma2oa2011-04-0221-29-02-95.jpg

http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/Conansig/Unsung%20Bugs/?action=view&current=arma2oa2011-04-0221-27-23-37.jpg

Which almost looks like a flip and why this area is so... empty... and takes up half the placeable map area (Where the map doesn't stop as like when you reach the 'End' of the map.)

http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/Conansig/Unsung%20Bugs/?action=view&current=arma2oa2011-04-0221-26-24-32.jpg

http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/Conansig/Unsung%20Bugs/?action=view&current=arma2oa2011-04-0221-26-27-09.jpg

http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/Conansig/Unsung%20Bugs/?action=view&current=arma2oa2011-04-0221-27-47-18.jpg

Those three images are of the same map. But the final one is in the very bottom left corner of the area. (Ia Drang Valley)

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/Conansig/Unsung%20Bugs/arma2oa2011-04-0223-55-16-82.jpg

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/Conansig/Unsung%20Bugs/arma2oa2011-04-0223-54-33-21.jpg

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/Conansig/Unsung%20Bugs/arma2oa2011-04-0300-01-16-98.jpg

The above to are of Plei Trap Valley where the vegetation seems to end halfway in the map. I tried to keep the image of the 'Runway' (I know there isn't on there in the shots but the marker for one is. Using it as a marker) so I can say that is does seem to stop halfway, leaving half a map with growth and the other a flat, bland space that is still considered 'Part of the playable map' for some reason.

Hope this somehow sums up my thoughts. At the moment I think I have a corrupt maps due to that but I'll wait for what you say after looking at the best I can muster for 'Proof Pics' of what I mean.

At the moment I'm just assuming I have corrupt maps because, Ia Drang Valley seems to have a sudden drop off to the north and northeast of the map. Which doesn't seem to look natural due to the right angle in the corner and the perfect line.

I downloaded the mod. if I select a SP mission to play I get a error: "cannot be played/deleted UNS_Traps UNS_.... UNS_...."

Been playing around now for some time with your mod (DL the missing cjs addons now) and I really like it!

Ofcourse I noticed all the things that already been told here so I will not tell you that as you are fully aware of that.

Two things that havent been mentioned yet;

1- In some helicopters theres 3 crew members. I cant see where #3 is and if I have him to disembark he just appear in the air next to the chopper. Where he was I have no clue.

2- One of the smaller trees (big bush?) must have one lod without texture as I get a complete white tree/bush sometimes.

I love the SEA map, good job.

Personally I have no problems with load times or performance! I havent checked how AI behaves yet regarding engagement ranges in the jungle but I'm not worried as you have told us its fixed.

Good job!

That's such a nice comment :rolleyes: Just help them to show us what you're able to do on your free time.

Maybe find bugs and report? Sorry I'm neither a programmer nor an artists...

I downloaded the mod. if I select a SP mission to play I get a error: "cannot be played/deleted UNS_Traps UNS_.... UNS_...."

it says I'm missing all the files of UNSUNG but I have them in my @UNS folder and I have -mod=@UNS in my target line....

EDIT: got it working now

Edited by rikjuuh

Maybe find bugs and report? Sorry I'm neither a programmer nor an artists...

I don't see any bug report in your smart comment.

Patch for the mod will be available on the front page shortly. All missing files (addons,missions) are in there , check the readme for details

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Its a very nice mod but I get average 31 FPS during play in the editor.

Is that normal?

I Have everything at normal , vd 2000, AA off, High shadows.

I don't see any bug report in your smart comment.

OK

first one

after using the LAW, the launcer is not held on your hand but suspended in the air.

Is that normal?

If its normal or not? Impossible to say. What do you normally have for FPS? 20? 40?

I assume you have lower FPS now? I guess thats normal as the jungle is thick and uses alot of models. If you want more FPS you can lower the viewdistance and maybe use some fog. You dont need that much viewdistance if you are a grunt in the thick green ;)

I usually have an average of 40-50 in other maps so its quite low for me.

I know there is a jungle and a lot of trees so I guess its understandable.

Is that normal?

Quick tip for all suffering from low FPS turn the terrain detail to low and you should get a boost, without much if all graphical difference.

Just some ideas:

Maybe add two benchmark missions (1x only island, 1x with AI) so people can see, test + find their own best settings to play/use the Unsung Mod?

Perhaps implement or link to a viewdistance feature/addon...

Will wait for the hot Fix (are hot female Unsung Hookers included?)... :)