Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

ah thanks dark, yeah i was running ace just gonna disable that now and see if it works uuhm and polish, it happens for me on every other map that came with the addon but i will check it out with out ace and check back in here

running in CO with no mods except CBA latest

addon uns_army requires addon uns_weap (both in folder) - anyone else get this?

EDIT - seems like i got a corrupt uns_weap file - re-extracting it. works now

cannot load texture csj_village\icons\house.paa - will try re-extracting that too

EDIT - no joy on that one, but it runs

managed to load maps in the editor:

DONG HA ---10 secs

LOWLANDS ---20 seconds

PLEI TRAP VALLEY --- 4 minutes (cannot open object csj_rocks\clutter_stone_small.p3d)

IA DRANG --- 20 mins without -ExThreads=0, 30s with

SEA takes longer - 40 mins without -ExThreads=0, 40s with, --- (cannot open object csj_seaobj\data\conc01.paa // cannot open object csj_seaobj\csj_culvert.p3d)

This may have an impact on MP connectivity

EDIT ah yes - thanks PGI

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100519

-exThreads=0 made the loading time like 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes - worth knowing

ok will get on with porting in evolution at the crack of dawn

AWESOME WORK GUYS

don't be put off by all the error reporting :D

we'll build you a mission to be proud of

Evolution NAM topic

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108519

Lowlands here (on older mod so may not work properly)

http://109.70.148.244/gits/Arma/GITSEvoNammissionpack.zip

Will add Evolution unsung pure (no other mods) to Lowlands, Plei Trap, SEA and Dong Ha ASAP (IA Drang looks a little small for Evo)

Edited by eggbeast

days more like...

if i can get the editor to load - its like watching paint dry atm

my download from armedassault.info was actually ok - butwhen i uncompressed it some of the files got corrupted. when i tried to copy them to my C drive windows 7 locked up for 20 mins. i eventually isolated the file and then extracted it again from the 7zip file and it worked fine.

I'm wondering now (As the editor is taking 10+ mins to load) whether some ofthe other files didn't unpack properly.

I'm on a 64bit win 7 quadcore with 4gb ram and a 128gb solid state drive - shouldn't expect errors like this - i guess 7zip is a little perky with files this size maybe?

There is a fix for the editor load times... its a couple of pages back... or search for map loading times in these forums... Load times should not take anymore than 30-40 seconds for any island.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

As for the map being black, that's probably done on purpose. Not every infantryman had a map in the 60's, and there was no such thing as GPS. There should be certain classes that have a map, such as radio operators, pilots, officers, etc. but I don't know if Unsung gave the map object to them or not.

(Basically, if there is no map object in your gear menu, (Down at the very very bottom of it. Much smaller icons) you won't be able to use the M map and it will show up as a black screen)

This is a great post. We tossed it around for a while... Historically, the grunts did not get maps... We've included them for "playability" factors...

So everyone SHOULD have a map...

We do have some missing files that are currently being uploaded that will fix the dong ha and SEA missing objects errors we will be including the sever key in this patch. it is almost finished uploading, PGI will be making the announcement shortly

Ok, I've added a file called csj_addons.rar to ARMANAM...

ARMANAM, FRONT PAGE ARTICLE, LINK AT THE BOTTOM...

CSJ'S ADDONS => includes the remaining files for his island and the Unsung server BIKEY ~109mb

Should eliminate any island errors people are receiving...

Edited by PolishGI

ive managed to get the airplanes, ACE indeed makes them dissapear, here are some things you guys might wanna know aswell for further updates, the tail rudder works in the opposit way, so when you turn left either on the ground or in the air with your tail rudder it should bend to the left like with the other planes in arma 2 but on the skyraider it bends to the right when turning left, and also the 4 guns only one of them are working, not sure if this is how it should be or that its just not working just thought id point it out, what i also felt was when taking off the planes both attack planes and transport plane having a difficult time to get off the runway and when landing they drop realy fast out of the air and you land very hard at a speed where these planes should have been normal and than im talking about between 220 and 240 but after all it looks great! and i hope these things might get solved if these are actual problems, Great job! and keep it up!

Is ArmAHolic up yet because ArmedAssault cant even complete the damn download.

I'm currently waiting on my ArmedAssault download to complete.

I just grabbed CSJ's addons to fix his map errors, and noticed the link for the R2 SP/MP missions.....

Is that a new download, or is that mission download listed on ARMANAM also included within the big download I'm getting from ArmedAssault?

thanks!

Ok, I've added a file called csj_addons.rar to ARMANAM...

ARMANAM, FRONT PAGE ARTICLE, LINK AT THE BOTTOM...

CSJ'S ADDONS => includes the remaining files for his island and the Unsung server BIKEY ~109mb

Should eliminate any island errors people are receiving...

Negative, I'm running all 5 addon 7zips plus the extra files you just posted, and I'm still getting the missing lowlands addon when I try to start a mission.

Someone said they put a DL for lowlands on the front page, but I don't see it anywhere.

I'm currently waiting on my ArmedAssault download to complete.

I just grabbed CSJ's addons to fix his map errors, and noticed the link for the R2 SP/MP missions.....

Is that a new download, or is that mission download listed on ARMANAM also included within the big download I'm getting from ArmedAssault?

thanks!

DOWNLOAD does not come with Missions... :mad: So Put a link up for all of our current Unsung SP/MP Missions.

Took some looks at the islands, and I just wanted to say congrats on the variances on them. You have given us plenty of terrain to fight through. I think SEA will be seeing Lt. Col Hambleton parachuting out as BAT 21 in the near future to be rescued at the SF Camp, lol. Thanks for the hard work.

Many thanks!

We aim to please!

Im only sticking around here for a little while longer... Date night tonight and the wife will kill me if I stay in front of the computer... hehehe

I wont be around until tomorrow some time...

yeah take it easy dude - you guys have put in a lot of effort right through the release program - good work! way beyond the call of duty.

ok i'm gonna hit the hay and get a pure EVO on lowlands and SEA ASAP

NAPALM!

For all you guys who are missing some Napalm,

Download the VTE_Arma2 Review and just add it.

In Section Bluefor-VTE USA- Fixed Wing

you can find a Skyraider Plane.

This plane got 4 Napalm Canisters :)

Its not perfect, but workin fine!

I am using it With ACE, UNSUNG, blastcore and even SLX, without problems.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=8740

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the files I need are:

• The 5 7z parts from the OP
  • Lowlands from the OP
  • csj_addons from armanam
  • SP/MP missions from armanam

Did I miss anything?

• Lowlands from the OP

Did I miss anything?

that's everything, you are all good

• Lowlands from the OP

Did I miss anything?

That is everything...

Really... any news on ArmAHolic because ArmedAssault sucks ass. Two times Ive downloaded it and two times it fucks up.

DOWNLOAD does not come with Missions... :mad: So Put a link up for all of our current Unsung SP/MP Missions.

I downloaded using Six Updater and missions came with it. Do I still need the csj_addons?

Oh, and thanks to everyone who made this for us!

Thanks for the missing .pbo's.

csj_seaobj.pbo and csj_sounds.pbo are missing their bisigns. Thought you should know.

@ GD Mast thanks I have them and will provide the bisigns.

you can grab the missing bisigns for csj's seaob and sounds pbos here armanam front page bottom of Release 2 news

Edited by cj525